Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v. Sheffield United - 16th September 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

TOTT
TOTT
TOTT

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1694461416935.png vs. 1694461424401.png

Premier League Matchweek 5 - Saturday 16th September 2023 - 15:00 - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/tottenham-hotspur-vs-sheffield-united.661/

Officials:

Referee: TBC
Assistants: TBC
Fourth Official: TBC
VAR: TBC
Assistant VAR: TBC

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage (TO BE UPDATED):

Screenshot 2023-09-11 at 20.43.04.png

What is wrong with this Trusty bloke? Have only seen him from a distance warming up. Is he really behind Bash in the pecking order?

Reactions: Gee

Going to miss Baldock but good to see McAtee with his quickness in, still no game for Trusty once he gets in we will see a quicker set of defenders. Good to see Hecky has dropped one of his favorites in the slow Norwood.

Was Egan injured on international duty? I thought he was subbed off Vs Everton injured? So if already injured why did he play both games for Ireland? Or have i missed something?

I’m actually more shocked to see Anel fit over Egan, thought it would be the other way around. Also the bench looks extremely defensive, only attacking player we can bring on is Traore. Desperately need Jebbo/Osula back
Anel prioritised his club over his country. Egan didn't and we pay the price. PH was hoping for 2 of Furious Egan & Osula to be available - none is - very difficult for him when 11 are out injured. Will take heroic performance from everyone today and no injuries during the game to get a point.

That’s a very positive line up for an away match against a team like Spurs .

We may not get anything out of the game but I’m very much in favour of it , as opposed to the embarrassing 9 men behind the ball and try to hold out approach which characterised our last season in the PL and failed badly .

That is a surprisingly attacking line up. Away from home against an aggressive team and McAtee short of minutes, lot of new players still gelling with the teams shape. But great, won't knock them for going for it and I do think if you are going to have a real go at one of the bigger teams it maybe Spurs, who are all out attack. The big cliche, first goal will be vital

What's happened to the SUTV pre match programme, I thought it should be on YouTube?

Like the Line up, but fit as Bash is, he’ll be a bit wanting when faced with explosive speed. He’ll last the distance but not the quickest in short bursts. He is 35 after all.

I know it's a unfavoured phrase but it's another free hit game, maybe hecky is treating it as a chance to try a more attacking formation
Daft as it seems if we do take the lead , I'd hate it when we suddenly go 11 behind the ball

Would be very grateful if anyone has a little river to be DMd to me 🙏

Very attacking line up

With hamer and mcatee plus the 2 up top

Bogle also more attack minded than baldock is (admittedly he’s obviously injured).

With the way spurs are playing we get smashed if we sit back and hope for a nil nil . We may as well give it a go. Hopefully Mcatee starts where he left off.

Like the Line up, but fit as Bash is, he’ll be a bit wanting when faced with explosive speed. He’ll last the distance but not the quickest in short bursts. He is 35 after all.
Up against Son today, one of the quickest and cheatiest forwards in the League. Big test.
TBF JLT hasn't done that bad a job up to now from what I've seen, so that's probably what's keeping trusty out
I agree but most of the goals against us this season have come through build up down our left hand side. Be interesting to see if we have tightened that area with Thomas - suspect so.

That team is getting hammered…

Bash…. Wtf ….

Sis Hecky not watch their last game against Burnley, 6-0 Spurs….

TBF JLT hasn't done that bad a job up to now from what I've seen, so that's probably what's keeping trusty out
Hi Stegosaurus here,

I think he's been pretty shit. Whenever the ball comes near him, he just slashes wildly at it and he has piss poor positioning.
He did well vs City--his roughousing was perfect to keep Haaland off his game.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

I think he's been pretty shit. Whenever the ball comes near him, he just slashes wildly at it and he has piss poor positioning.
He did well vs City--his roughousing was perfect to keep Haaland off his game.
Thought for your lot , you'd love a bit of hoofball 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Anel, Trusty, Robinson all left footed, Bash right footed.
Seems a reasonable selection to me

Back
Top Bottom