Time to sack Hecky before its too late?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

been saying it for ages now time to ditch the 3 at the back were getting overun in midfield every game in this league we need an extra body in there teams are just walking through our midfield because were outnumbered today has highlighted this even more
How would ditching three at the back put an extra man in midfield? We have 3 there already?

How would ditching three at the back put an extra man in midfield? We have 3 there already?
Because we can have a solid back four, five across the midfield and one up top. The wing backs don't work anymore as they leave gaps down the wing, and the two in mdifield hasn't worked as the gaps between them and McAtee and Hamer have been exploited all match. The back three is the cause of our problems and not just because of the pathetic defending for crosses and set pieces.

I feel for Jack Robinson and Wes Foderingham.

Because we can have a solid back four, five across the midfield and one up top. The wing backs don't work anymore as they leave gaps down the wing, and the two in mdifield hasn't worked as the gaps between them and McAtee and Hamer have been exploited all match. The back three is the cause of our problems and not just because of the pathetic defending for crosses and set pieces.

I feel for Jack Robinson and Wes Foderingham.
And who do you propose we play as 2 wingers? We don’t have any

Would not be surprised to see him sacked after this shower of sh*t regardless of whether it is right or wrong this is shameful.

No organisation, no tactics no nothing, an embarrassing day in our history and the manager has to take the blame, he literally has no clue how to even shut up shop here and limit them to what they have, we are more open now than we have been all game. Tactically he is out of his depth unfortunately.

Always makes me laugh how divisive society has become.
It's either Hecky is brilliant, doing a great job or he's crap, get rid.

The truth is he's somewhere in between, an average manager with a calm nothingness kind of personality, doesn't get excited when we win,
doesn't get down when we lose. When the Wilder rumours I repeat the obvious, that Hecky deserves time to prove himself.

My worry with Hecky is common sense really, when he said he'd like to keep the same squad and offer the likes of Sharp, Basham, Stevens and Fleck new contacts.
These players were really struggling at Championship level, so how can Hecky come up with justification that they are good enough to perform in the Premier League.

Also last season in so many games we spent the last 30 minutes defending deep parking the bus.
When we got the ball, we booted it long back to opposition, so the defence was under instant pressure again.
To be fair we defended really well well packing out the defence but here's me thinking the punt it long back to the opposition must be a deliberate tactic
because why can't we spend some time in training retaining possession, a form of time wasting by just passing it around, taking pressure of the defence.

Also there's little system of play...apart from pass to Norwood...and organise the defence...so what else do they do in training?

However what I found weird and defeatist was many comments about, it doesn't matter if we're relegated, we should keep Hecky to re-try promotion.
It's as though last season promotion effort should be written off. The Prince will want to stay up and won't accept being relegated.
So if Hecky is struggling them of course we should think about a replacement. However for me....his job is safe for now.

Also regards todays thrashing.....daft as it sounds it will probably do us a favour.
Fed up of fans saying how brilliant we've been playing because we keep losing 1-0 and 2-1.

Last edited:

Enough is enough he has to go. If he had any decency he would resign and take his coaching staff with him.

There is no way I'm watching MOTD2, checking here or going on any form of SUFC social media until the build-up to the next match day. Si thi in a bit all, love Hecky and patience and perspective needed here. Remember: lack of squad depth, quality and proper recruitment doesn't rest with Hecky.
I’m with you. But I do want to see Hecky’s interview first.

Always makes me laugh how divisive society has become.
It's either Hecky is brilliant, doing a great job or he's crap, get rid.

The truth is he's somewhere in between, an average manager with a calm nothingness kind of personality, doesn't get excited when we win,
doesn't get down when we lose. When the Wilder rumours I repeat the obvious, that Hecky deserves time to prove himself.

My worry with Hecky is common sense really, when he said he'd like to keep the same squad and offer the likes of Sharp, Basham, Stevens and Fleck new contacts.
These players were really struggling at Championship level, so how can Hecky come up with justification that they are good enough to perform in the Premier League.

Also last season in so many games we spent the last 30 minutes defending deep parking the bus.
When we got the ball, we booted it long back to opposition, so the defence was under instant pressure again.
To be fair we defended really well well packing out the defence but here's me thinking the punt it long back to the opposition must be a deliberate tactic
because why can't we spend some time in training retaining possession, a form of time wasting by just passing it around, taking pressure of the defence.

Also there's little system of play...apart from pass to Norwood...and organise the defence...so what else do they do in training?

However what I found weird and defeatist was many comments about, it doesn't matter if we're relegated, we should keep Hecky to re-try promotion.
It's as though last season promotion effort should be written off. The Prince will want to stay up and won't accept being relegated.
So if Hecky is struggling them of course we should think about a replacement. However for me....his job is safe for now.

Also regards todays thrashing.....daft as it sounds it will probably do us a favour.
Fed up of fans saying how brilliant we've been playing because we keep losing 1-0 and 2-1.
My thoughts exactly, great post

im not a massive hecky fan certainly not at this level think hes a championship manager at best but and its a big but you can only put on the pitch the quality of player the money from the boardroom provides so i have sympathy for him on that score weve spent nowhere near enough to give us even the remotest chance of staying in the prem

Hi Stegosaurus here

"Hate to say I told you so
Alright, Come on
Do believe I told you so"

If we sacked Hecky back when I said, we may have actually got a win this season. That's a fact. Heck is useless. Egan is never going to be dropped, no matter how shit he plays.

Yes
Hi Stegosaurus here,

Last time we were in the Prem, we left it too late to bin Wilder when it was clear it wasn't working. Here, it is already clear, Hecky isn't up to it.

He's too afraid to drop people. Egan has been shit all season, yet still starts. Norwood is clearly not good enoigh--still starts.
His subs are appalling. Either the wrong choice, or they come too late. Like today, what was he doing bringing Archer off? Ridiculous decision.
Transfer window -- a mixed bag. Hamer and Souza, great. Then he signs players lime Trusty, who cazn't even dislodge Robinson or Egan, and Slimane, who doesn't seem to be getting a sniff of a match. Failed to sign center backs, despite us lacking depth there.
Doesn't motivate the team enough -- Dyche clearly gave Everton an utter rogering at half time. Hecky doesnt seem to do that.
Yes it is why teams never upgrade a manager on promotion is beyond me ,

Interested to know what those who want him out see as improving under a new gaffer.

Back
Top Bottom