Time to sack Hecky before its too late?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hi Captain Foresight here,

Which of my Stegosaurus Statements above turned out to be wrong. None of them. And after each one I got accused of being a Wednesday fan, despite being right.
A broken clock and all that

Unless Hecky starts doing some very weird team selections etc. I’d keep him even if we go down. We are expected to go down, so I don’t see what sacking him would achieve. He’s been the one bit of stability in the club over the last two years and we wouldn’t be here without him.

cheers.

I am surprised so many people refuse to admit it.

He's clearly not good enough, so why not get rid of him now before it's too late. Leave it until 10 games in, 15 games in---it's done and dusted, we're down.
No no you didn't do the line.

Caught you out.

Phony

Hi Stegosaurus here,

I wouldn't go that far, but I am right more times than I am wrong.

I was right about Ramsdale being shit -- sure, he improved slightly, but he's still shit.
I was right about Egan and Robinson not being up to the PL
I was right about Berge being not that good and us being right to sell him while other folks were having a meltdown
I was right about Archer being a good signing despite some calling him Brewster mark 2
I was right about us needing to sign more CB
I was right when I said, during our last season in the prem, that Wilder needed sacking early on
I was right, when I said, BEFORE our last season in the prem, that teams had gotten wise to our tactics and we'd go down if we didn't change things.
I was right when I said Brewster would prove to be a monumental flop
I will probably be proven right when I said Chuba Akbom was a one-season wonder and it is good we didn't sign him.
I will probably be proven right when I said Archer will get an England call up this season
I will probably be proven right that Hamer will get snapped up by a bigger team next season.

The list goes on. I am one of, if not the, rightest man in the world. I'll bump this thread when we're bottom of the league on like five points at Christmas and others start calling for Hecky's head. I'll give this thread a bump, and you can see the Rightest Man in the World--Captain Foresight, was right again and that I said it first.
Apart from your limited sense of rightness, does this delusional sense of grandiose overstatement extend to other walks of life? In psychiatric circles, anyone who has fictitious beliefs about their authority may believe themselves to be a ruling leader or monarch, and your constant self-promotion has long lost any value it once had.

Being so right-on about your opinions makes me wonder if you appreciate that there's a life outside of being a football supporter? It's often the case that having invested so much of yourself in one topic you have lost sight that there's a world out there that has nothing to do with football?

Being so right-on about your opinions makes me wonder if you appreciate that there's a life outside of being a football supporter? It's often the case that having invested so much of yourself in one topic you have lost sight that there's a world out there that has nothing to do with football?
Hi Stegosaurus here,

Of course. My key passion isn't football, but collecting dinosaur fossils. I have quite a nice collection, too. Here is a pic of one of my T-Rex teeth.

Attachments

• t4.png
    t4.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
Find a "Fallowfield" somewhere and set up camp. Start digging and keep going until you come across the bones of your ancestors. If you find evidence of any brain material, let us know.......

The failure to secure the defence is possibly his biggest mistake.

we have lost 3 games by 1 goal after 2 players left the week before the season started , a rapid rebuild has secured some excellent player capable now of hoisting Heckys Heroes into a europa cup place
102 points left to play for we only need 75 of them

Hecky can go about doing his thing, he knows what he’s doing.

No we shouldn't be sacking him after 4 games. Especially given the lateness of our transfer dealings.
We start the season with the squad as it is and I reckon we get points or even a win against either/both Palace or Forest.

I am concerned that because of our late transfer dealings and the fixture list, when are we likely to see a win?

Furthermore we didn't bin Wilder.
Wilder left he was frustrated with the prince and didn't think he could take us forwards after our relegation.

I've been having problems with the games, but in overall I think Hecky's flaw is the subs and drop players. We saw this in 2 seasons in Champs, BUT we also saw what the man can do with the players and the team.

I'm not ready to sack Hecky at this point by any means. Actually I'm impressed how many new players we gave got and it has sparked so much hope about we stay in Prem.

I will do my best to overcome the situation with seeing live games to see if there is point in what this topic suggest. Until then let Hecky do his thing and players play their best! I bet they all have same goals as we - the supporters - have.

Unless Hecky starts doing some very weird team selections etc. I’d keep him even if we go down. We are expected to go down, so I don’t see what sacking him would achieve. He’s been the one bit of stability in the club over the last two years and we wouldn’t be here without him.
The stability that comes with PH management style and choices is not an accident. The club is undergoing considerable turmoil right now, and Hecky, as frustrated and angry as he might be, just gets on with the job.
As fans, we all think we could do better, but no one is better qualified than Heckinbottom to do this job.

When his contract come up for renewal, one of two things will happen. He will move on, or he will be rewarded for laying the foundations of a club capable of maintaining a regular presence in the EPL.

PH is not short sighted and reactionary like Steg. PH is playing the long game, and his stability gives the club a credible chance under the most difficult circumstances.

I’m sure we are all aware of players getting older and closer to their terminal date. I’m equally sure that PH is aware too.
Considering all he has to deal with, we are fortunate that he is not as short sighted as Steg and his cohorts.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

Last time we were in the Prem, we left it too late to bin Wilder when it was clear it wasn't working. Here, it is already clear, Hecky isn't up to it.

He's too afraid to drop people. Egan has been shit all season, yet still starts. Norwood is clearly not good enoigh--still starts.
His subs are appalling. Either the wrong choice, or they come too late. Like today, what was he doing bringing Archer off? Ridiculous decision.
Transfer window -- a mixed bag. Hamer and Souza, great. Then he signs players lime Trusty, who cazn't even dislodge Robinson or Egan, and Slimane, who doesn't seem to be getting a sniff of a match. Failed to sign center backs, despite us lacking depth there.
Doesn't motivate the team enough -- Dyche clearly gave Everton an utter rogering at half time. Hecky doesnt seem to do that.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

Time to give this a rebump.

1 - Well done, he actually did drop Norwood

2 - I am still right---wrong subs at the wrong times. Bash should have been dragged off at HT. Why was McBurnie not subbed when he was clearly knackered?

3 - My point still stands, we are desperately short of centre backs--as proven by the fact Ancient Bash who can't run was starting against Tottenham.

4 - My point still stands. We were 1-0 up, desperately hanging on and he leaves it to McCall to do the shouting and motivating. Hecky should have been on the touch line yelling his bollocks off to the team and fighting them up.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

Just to remind you all, I was RIGHT. Hecky has to go.

Sacking Hecky won't stop us from getting relegated. Egan and Anel are awful and both need dropping. We have no replacements in reserve and a new manager won't change that.

I personally don't rate Hecky and think he's a very basic and limited manager, but probably a good training ground coach. He's stubbor, tactically naive and too slow to react to what's unfolding, always making changes after the inevitable instead of before to stop it.

But that said, there's no point sacking him. We'll be relegated no matter who's in charge as we are embarrassingly poor. We can't defend, the midfield can't string one pass together, let alone two, and the strikers have to chase endless aimless hoofs up field.

Better the devil you know. No manager out there can save us.

Like it or lump it, we are getting relegated. End of.

No way should he go.
Anyone who thought we had a good chance of staying up was deluded, we had a slim chance at best.
The league has moved on and is stronger than when we were last in it and we are arguably weaker.
Even the smaller teams have players of the quality we can only dream off.
Whilst I want us to compete as much as anyone else the reality is that this year was a re-build with an eye on the next 3 to 4 years, hopefully if/when we go down we bounce back up and no one better than Hecky to do that for me.

It’s not Hecky’s fault, it’s not the board’s fault, and it’s not the players’ fault. When teams can be given two goals that should clearly have been disallowed due to handball there’s fuck all we can do to compete.

Money rules the premier league and we’re not part of the club, sadly.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

Time to give this a rebump.

1 - Well done, he actually did drop Norwood

2 - I am still right---wrong subs at the wrong times. Bash should have been dragged off at HT. Why was McBurnie not subbed when he was clearly knackered?

3 - My point still stands, we are desperately short of centre backs--as proven by the fact Ancient Bash who can't run was starting against Tottenham.

4 - My point still stands. We were 1-0 up, desperately hanging on and he leaves it to McCall to do the shouting and motivating. Hecky should have been on the touch line yelling his bollocks off to the team and fighting them up.
SWFC. Place 24 in in Division 2. Your expert views are required by Cisco.
Wednesday on the way to division three. All is not lost.

Back
Top Bottom