Ticketing survey

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Does the ticket point system need replacement

• Total voters

Our smaller allocation for the semi final was basically sold to those that go to games every week and any daytripper that did fancy it had to try to make last minute arrangements and then go on his own.
Not gonna happen is it ?
barnsley are the only ones that sold the L1 final as you would like, wednesday were 1 id 1 ticket & monday AM season ticket holders 540 TPP, Monday PM season ticket holders 480 TPP, etc

& we didnt sell out wembley because as i put on wednesday thread it was a 33%-50% increase in ticket for the same seat

barnsley are the only ones that sold the L1 final as you would like, wednesday were 1 id 1 ticket & monday AM season ticket holders 540 TPP, Monday PM season ticket holders 480 TPP, etc

& we didnt sell out wembley because as i put on wednesday thread it was a 33%-50% increase in ticket for the same seat

That’s the problem with the semi final, the price of the tickets, if they were a bit cheaper then no doubt we would’ve sold more as the day trippers wouldn’t mind paying say £50 a ticket.

You can’t just have a free for all on Wembley tickets, season ticket holders should get priority in order for them to have a better chance of getting a ticket in the price bracket they want and with the view they would like.

It wouldn’t be fair for a day tripper to get a cheap ticket with a decent view, then a season ticket holder is left with having to find £90 for a ticket.

That’s the problem with the semi final, the price of the tickets, if they were a bit cheaper then no doubt we would’ve sold more as the day trippers wouldn’t mind paying say £50 a ticket.

You can’t just have a free for all on Wembley tickets, season ticket holders should get priority in order for them to have a better chance of getting a ticket in the price bracket they want and with the view they would like.

It wouldn’t be fair for a day tripper to get a cheap ticket with a decent view, then a season ticket holder is left with having to find £90 for a ticket.
Season tickets and members should always get fort dibs in that order after that it should have gone straight to general sale upto 4 tickets etc, but where they failed miserably was communication and holding out for so long, if you really want to go you’re buying your ticket as soon as they become available

I had no e-mail from the club but saw the survey on twitter. The loyalty points shit has had it's day you can bet your life only the select few can go away next season which means they alone get more loyalty points. Anyone starting out can never catch up until the team turns to shit and people can't be arsed to go away.
Next season there should be more available away seats, other than Luton and Bournemouth, but if we drop back into the Championship there may well be a new system. I cannot see radical changes for the season soon to start.
What would you suggest is the fairest way for tickets, both home and away, to be available ?

Only point I made was ST holders should be given option to commit to buying seat for cup games at start of season or given 48 hours to buy seat before they go on general sale.
This isn't really equitable for those of us whose season tickets are in stands that are often closed for cup games.

Next season there should be more available away seats, other than Luton and Bournemouth, but if we drop back into the Championship there may well be a new system. I cannot see radical changes for the season soon to start.
What would you suggest is the fairest way for tickets, both home and away, to be available ?
Gosh. Congratulations Luton. I never realised that had beaten Coventry. Well done lads.

If you’re enjoying this thread, take a trip back in time to revisit the original loyalty points thread from its first season.

Regular points tallies over the season, one, calls for a return to queuing, missing points dilemmas, and one poster in disbelief that the points would roll over to the following season.

If we're talking about deleting points after a certain amount of time etc. then yes, that's exactly what the suggestion is.
It has to be balanced with people never being able to catch up.
There's a situation where a kid who's been going a few years starts going to Prem away matches on dad's ticket, but somebody who's 'only' been going for 10 years.
Most matches in the championship we couldn't go away because didn't have points. We got to the low interest ones, but it's nearly impossible to build up.

It's about getting a sensible balance.

This isn't really equitable for those of us whose season tickets are in stands that are often closed for cup games.
But you know that before you buy your season ticket.

Other areas of the ground are available, but you make your own choice.

It has to be balanced with people never being able to catch up.
There's a situation where a kid who's been going a few years starts going to Prem away matches on dad's ticket, but somebody who's 'only' been going for 10 years.
Most matches in the championship we couldn't go away because didn't have points. We got to the low interest ones, but it's nearly impossible to build up.

It's about getting a sensible balance.
What's the problem if people with historical points don't go to away games anymore?

It should mean that the tickets that they're not buying cascade down to lower levels and those buying them will eventually catch up.

I accept that this falls down when people "borrow" customer numbers to get tickets, but in doing that they're actually cutting their own throats in the longer term.

Whatever changes are made it will still result in too many people wanting too few tickets for the more popular games, they'll just be different people.

On that basis I'd be happy to see the ballot increased to 20% and the requirement for points "owners" to be verified once a year to prove that they are still alive and kicking.

I'd also be happy with a system that would stop people "borrowing" points but I just can't see how it could be implemented.

Surely the only issue is people with high loyalty points buying away tickets and then selling on.
If you get rid of that doesn’t most of the issues sort themselves out over time?

Exactly, a point I made too was for cup games as a ST holder I should have 1st dibs on my usual seat rather than enter a online free for all where on the last few occasions my seat has gone a few minutes after going on sale meaning I end up with an inferior seat, so much for loyalty.
i said the same thing its a joke of a system

What's the problem if people with historical points don't go to away games anymore?
No problem at all, everybody chooses what they do.
So long as in that period people on lower points are able to catch up (depends on ticket availability).
I agree entirely long standing ticket holders who've been home and away need some priority. Same time, if everybody else can only get 2000 points a season, they've no chance.

If we're talking about deleting points after a certain amount of time etc. then yes, that's exactly what the suggestion is.
“If”, suggest like me the wording of the time sensitive loyalty points is confusing and not enough detail how it would work. A Yes-No answer is insufficient!

Club should put a small working group together with fans and influencers eg Foxy or/and Linz / YorkBlade could be on there. They have a deep reach into fan base and could put the use (and abuse) of loyalty points forward

Not gonna read the whole thread, but one of the big problems historically was younger fans or new fans couldn't get away tickets, I've read there's a ballot which I never knew about...

So you win a ticket option via the ballot and you're 12 / 14 years old, you'd need a second ticket option so you won't travel alone...

This is the idea I have submitted, yes we want younger fans, it's the future of the club, but we want them safe when traveling... That means we must consider the ballot as a maximum of 2 tickets per person..

If this is already in place, ignore... 🤣

Has everyone has this survey? I haven't. I'd hate to think the club were being selective in who they survey, particularly as I'm probably in the group who have the most to gain, i.e. lots of loyalty points but still don't seem to have enough for big away games, hence why I've been to the likes of Preston away about a hundred times in the last few years alone.
Nope

I know the idea of the loyalty system is to reward those that have been going regularly but the issue is that the current situation is that the gap between the higher point supporters is ever increasing so the younger fans aren't able to catch up. Add to this that some of the higher points fans might not have been to away games for a few years but can cherry pick the key or local games where the allocation is low. Higher points allocations for away games should be based on whether it goes to general sale or not - if it goes to general sale then you get more points

I have not had an email either. Biggest thing for me is to speed up and make simpler the whole process of general sale. For example for the Preston gamed as a non season ticket holder / member you could not buy a ticket until the Monday before the game. Why the short timescale? Season ticket holders have already got theirs so not an issue. By all means give the membership holders a small window to get theirs and then get the rest on sale to whoever wants one. The Wembley arrangements' were a fiasco on a different level altogether. It seems if you are not a ST holder they want to make it as difficult for you as possible.

I've filled the survey out, with the chronic lack of availability in the John Street being my main frustration and focal point.

I've had a membership for the past couple of seasons, and aim to get to 10-12 home games a season - alongside trying to introduce my 2 young kids to the Blades (and this is where my main issue is)...

Getting 2 seats together in the John Street is next to impossible, yet when watching games back on TV there is almost always hundreds of empty seats - taken by people who have probably bought a cheap junior season ticket, then not bothered to take their kid (particular in the winter months).

Would a season ticket buy back/re-selling scheme solve that? Maybe...... but so would banning anyone from renewing the following season who doesn't use their ticket for a set % of matches during current season..... harsh but that's how much it frustrates the life out of me!

Also worth keeping in mind players have seats reserved around the ground and those seats are never put on general sale.

Back in the day I'm sure they used to say priority to those with (for example) Plymouth away stub get first dibs on a big away game - so those who go to the arse end of the country on a midweek night match would get priority for say Luton away.

Back in the day I'm sure they used to say priority to those with (for example) Plymouth away stub get first dibs on a big away game - so those who go to the arse end of the country on a midweek night match would get priority for say Luton away.

There is probably an extremely high correlation to those what would go to Plymouth away who would get priority for Luton away today

It's a tough one as most people will be in the middle, yes those that have gathered the huge amounts of points deserve to get first dibs but also those that haven't deserve a chance too. I've been going all my life had a season ticket for 10 seasons other than the last two seasons since Covid and I barely have any points and can never get to away games, so people in the middle who have lot really do get shafted

I have not had an email either. Biggest thing for me is to speed up and make simpler the whole process of general sale. For example for the Preston gamed as a non season ticket holder / member you could not buy a ticket until the Monday before the game. Why the short timescale? Season ticket holders have already got theirs so not an issue. By all means give the membership holders a small window to get theirs and then get the rest on sale to whoever wants one. The Wembley arrangements' were a fiasco on a different level altogether. It seems if you are not a ST holder they want to make it as difficult for you as possible.

I know all the information you need to supply is borderline ridiculous, it's like your a terrorist until proven innocent, and none of it is for security reasons it's all for marketing when selling your information on..

Changed my phone number so i got no spam messages, I've given it since to the NHS and the Post office.

Both have sold my details on, as less than a week later I got spam calls guessing my first name, was a bit like going to a clairvoyant.. Its a T.. Is it Thomas? No mate.. Block.

I know all the information you need to supply is borderline ridiculous, it's like your a terrorist until proven innocent, and none of it is for security reasons it's all for marketing when selling your information on..

Changed my phone number so i got no spam messages, I've given it since to the NHS and the Post office.

Both have sold my details on, as less than a week later I got spam calls guessing my first name, was a bit like going to a clairvoyant.. Its a T.. Is it Thomas? No mate.. Block.

Did you get a call from Hecky offering you a 3 year deal?

People with enough points to buy an away ticket, buy one, and then sell it on to some random unknown person. That doesn't happen, does it?

People with enough points to buy an away ticket, buy one, and then sell it on, routinely, to the same person time after time. That probably happens more.

People with enough points to buy an away ticket, give permission for someone they know to use their number to buy a ticket, routinely, and to the same person time after time, often online as parts of Friends & Family. That probably happens even more.

I am aware that some privately run away coaches partly operate on a "seat on the coach & match ticket" basis. The coach organiser hoovering up match tickets using other people's numbers with permission. Or indeed, using dead people's numbers.

Stopping people USING an away ticket obtained on someone else's number at the away turnstile or in the away end is virtually impossible. You can absolutely forget that.

You might be able to nibble away at the POINT OF SALE. But even that is very difficult. You'd require retrograde steps. In person sales only. Or one transaction, one ticket, one bank account online sales. Or one off proof of identity checks per season to prove the person is still alive.

It's very difficult to police people using other people's loyalty points to obtain an away ticket. Indeed, it's their loyalty, there's an argument it's up to them what they do with the ticket, pass it on if they like.

I go to a fair number of away games, not all by any means, but you do become attuned to the tricks of the trade.

I sometimes conclude, it's too much effort for the club to do much more than they already do.

Back
Top Bottom