Ticketing survey

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Does the ticket point system need replacement

• Total voters
Loyalty points - increase the ballot to 20% and maybe review if we are still in the Premier League in 3 years. Plenty of away games went to general sale these last two seasons.

If they must do some kind of reset how about deleting all but those accumulated in League One.

Cup/Play Offs/Wembley - allow season ticket holders to buy additional tickets to sit with friends and family for games unlikely to sell out rather than have to wait for general sale.

Simplify general sale and remove arbitrary points totals. Prior purchase history is good enough in nearly all cases

allow seat swaps for season ticket holders looking to move stands on the odd occasion to be done online. Shouldn’t be too difficult.

Season ticket buy back - allow one per season regardless of crowd and another 3 for games that sell out.

It doesn’t need knocking down me starting again, most transactions I make are pretty straightforward but a bit of refining wouldn’t go amiss.

I've no major issue with them tightening up the loyalty points system. I have points stretching way back but have only made a handful of aways this last two or three years, I'm not entirely sure why I'm still in the fortunate position to still be fairly comfortable in securing tickets if I want them. A 3 or 5 year rolling total would be absolutely fine by me if they upped the balot to 20-25%

The seat you rent is for league games and as it happens you may end up in an inferior seat but the atmosphere for spurs and Blackburn were better than any league game and even wrexham was too more enjoyable than most. I firmly believe this is due to like minded people being able to sit together where they want, this is not possible really for league games because we have a lot of season ticket holders these days.
I prefer the opportunity to sit somewhere else for cup games, always have done. I don’t understand why it’s such an issue for some people.

😂 I was 5 years old when this loyalty system was brought in. I’m guessing when we played our first away game back in the prem, it was a free for all between season ticket holders for it on 2700 points and then for the following game it was 2800 first dibs, 2700 second dibs etc..

It was Tottenham away. I went. And we didn’t sell out.

Next away match was Fulham. I went. I think we just about sold all our tickets in general sale.

I could go on. The club were very forward thinking all those years ago when really there was very little need to do it at the time.

Fucking destructive criticism. The refuge of the halfwit, the egotist, the mediocre, and anyone who's never had to actually make an actual fucking decision.

What would you do if you were King, instead of that Jug-Eared Clown, dad?

My manifesto, son, to right the wrongs of society is: If you are going to say something is shit at any time in any context* then, on pain of fucking death, you have to offer an alternative.

*Unless you are pointing at some actual shit.

i think we have most fair unfair system out there because its impossible to please everyone. i think the only thing i would change would help adults & kids go to games. because it doesn't matter how much points the adult has because you cant buy anything until child is available. so maybe a deal like the old family season ticket of 1 adult 1 kid for away games. so that you can by the ticket when the adult becomes eligible not the 10/11/12 yr old does

The utter fuckwittedness of this question...

It depends what you're going to change it TO you fucking imbecile.

If you're going to change in so that I get all the tickets I want for all the games I want at a bumper discount then go right ahead.

1684875098859.png

but im also with metalblade i want 1st dibs on my season ticket seat. i dont give a stuff about non season ticket holders "you only rent it" balls to that. ive sat in that seat since 2002. that seat is mine. i should get 1st refusal

The seat you rent is for league games and as it happens you may end up in an inferior seat but the atmosphere for spurs and Blackburn were better than any league game and even wrexham was too more enjoyable than most. I firmly believe this is due to like minded people being able to sit together where they want, this is not possible really for league games because we have a lot of season ticket holders these days.
It wasn't always like that you always got a bit of time to claim your usual seat. This changed when they started shutting the kop for early rounds. Fair enough but them give those ST holders in the South and John st stands a day to buy their usual seat before those on the kop jump into the best seats. That bollocks they did giving Forest the whole lane end for the play off game and making it a free for all for season ticket holders meant there was very few tickets left for those who don't have a ST. That was an unforgivable and disgraceful decision, as someone posted earlier someone should have been strung up by their bollocks for that gaff.

I prefer the opportunity to sit somewhere else for cup games, always have done. I don’t understand why it’s such an issue for some people.
It could be they want to sit close to their mates or prefer the seat they have due to mobility issues a lot of older fans struggle with a lot of steps and having to stand all game as many do on the kop.

This last season I had 2 new people in their 40s I would say, next to me with STs. This is on John Street in the Family Stand. First home game one of them told me he'd moved from the kop. Next time I saw them was about 6 weeks later. He said he'd been working. Then didn't see him for another few weeks, this time with a different mate. I reckon all season he sat in his actual ST seat 6 times. This was quite good when one of my family wanted to come as I could get them a seat anywhere on John Street and they could come and sit next to me.
No idea where these two blokes sat for the rest of the season, but I came to the conclusion I must have made a right good impression that first game of the season.😂😂

I m old school season ticket holder current ones should have priority for away games and cup games . I don't think the points system is fair.

Not hugely bothered about loyalty points as I'm not trying to get to away games at the moment. I can see the argument for giving lower weight to older points, but how to do so without unfairly penalising those who have been collecting them for years?

My main priority is them giving me some easier way to upgrade kids STs to adult for night games. Around the semi especially, I couldn't get through on the phone to do it and I'm not in Sheffield so not practical to queue up.

i think we have most fair unfair system out there because its impossible to please everyone. i think the only thing i would change would help adults & kids go to games. because it doesn't matter how much points the adult has because you cant buy anything until child is available. so maybe a deal like the old family season ticket of 1 adult 1 kid for away games. so that you can by the ticket when the adult becomes eligible not the 10/11/12 yr old does
Not sure it's unfair, it's just stupid, stupidly put together and stupidly managed.

The way that it is designed more or less prevents us from ever growing a fanbase of more than 28,000
What happens when we're all dead ?

The pigs have probably sold out at Wembley already, sat with their families and friends after being able to buy four and six at a time, and the daytripping part timers all feel like a part of the club forever.

Our smaller allocation for the semi final was basically sold to those that go to games every week and any daytripper that did fancy it had to try to make last minute arrangements and then go on his own.
Not gonna happen is it ?

Last edited:

It wasn't always like that you always got a bit of time to claim your usual seat. This changed when they started shutting the kop for early rounds. Fair enough but them give those ST holders in the South and John st stands a day to buy their usual seat before those on the kop jump into the best seats. That bollocks they did giving Forest the whole lane end for the play off game and making it a free for all for season ticket holders meant there was very few tickets left for those who don't have a ST. That was an unforgivable and disgraceful decision, as someone posted earlier someone should have been strung up by their bollocks for that gaff.
So the Kop ST holders are then disadvantaged??? Not their fault they have to swap stands for a cup game. They’d (including me!!) would be left with crap choice.
Why not allow all previous home cup attendees (ST holders) that/previous season first dibs on seats in the open stands. This would limit the number ; then afterwards ST holders to apply for their seats if available and after this a free for all?
Not sure if possible to do but surely a ‘marker’ by filter on the system could be applied?
Why are we re-inventing the wheel?

What works at other clubs? What doesn't? If nothing works very well then maybe it's a problem that only has shit answers.
See my thread regarding other clubs loyalty points system.

It was Tottenham away. I went. And we didn’t sell out.

Next away match was Fulham. I went. I think we just about sold all our tickets in general sale.

I could go on. The club were very forward thinking all those years ago when really there was very little need to do it at the time.
Pretty sure there was a need for a Luton town (last away game of the previous season) stub. But, like you say, it wasn’t necessary in the end! I remember being on the lower tier at spurs and there was tonnes of empty seats.

I only missed one game that first season it was introduced, so it set me up nicely for a few years.

but how to do so without unfairly penalising those who have been collecting them for years?

Which seems to be the least thought about in any suggestion for change. It’s an impossible answer without knowing the actual stats of numbers in each bracket.

The survey is simply going to result in it looking like the majority want change as it’ll be answered mainly by people who want it to change for themselves, accentuated by the increased demand of an upcoming Premier League season.

Essentially, most suggestions are to knock down the “most loyal” by definition of the scheme, to give more the chance to get tickets early. This reversing what it was set up to do.

For me, the only way it works long term is to keep some sort of benefit for long term attenders, otherwise it just returns to more and more people in the “top band” and therefore reintroduces the problem it is intended to fix - especially with some of the shorter rolling periods suggested.

People with higher points normally have longer streaks of consecutive matches attended than the rolling periods suggested, so would stay where they are anyway… people who it’s suggested “cheat the system” (using their number for others) would then be even more likely to, as there would be more in the higher categories meaning more need to.

Last edited:

That's completely unfair on kop ST holders, not even a debate that one, if all stands were open then yes there's an argument to offer ST holders first choice but does it really fucking matter if you have to move a few seats away. Also we didn't give forest the whole end, we gave them 3200, we had the lower tier. Someone fucked up definitely though, we could've gave them 2k in the upper tier and still used the corner bit ourselves. I like the idea of having our fans on the lower tier personally even though it is a shite view.

Which seems to be the least thought about in any suggestion for change. It’s an impossible answer without knowing the actual stats of numbers in each bracket.

The survey is simply going to result in it looking like the majority want change as it’ll be answered mainly by people who want it to change for themselves, accentuated by the increased demand of an upcoming Premier League season.

Essentially, most suggestions are to knock down the “most loyal” by definition of the scheme, to give more the chance to get tickets early. This reversing what it was set up to do.

For me, the only way it works long term is to keep some sort of benefit for long term attenders, otherwise it just returns to more and more people in the “top band” and therefore reintroduces the problem it is intended to fix - especially with some of the shorter rolling periods suggested.

People with higher points normally have longer streaks of consecutive matches attended than the rolling periods suggested, so would stay where they are anyway… people who it’s suggested “cheat the system” (using their number for others) would then be even more likely to, as there would be more in the higher categories meaning more need to.
Publishing the number in each points bracket, on a constant basis, was one thing I mentioned in my survey response.

Clarity given and guidance also for purchasers. Helps assess if/when you can buy alongside your f/f links. Would cut down on swap outs, saving club and fans time.

Your point re “most loyal” will have accrued over many years so rolling not making much difference is spot on imo. There are many, many fans that go to the majority of away games and have done throughout the points era . A 3,5 or even 7 year initial rolling system would make v little difference initially.

That's completely unfair on kop ST holders, not even a debate that one, if all stands were open then yes there's an argument to offer ST holders first choice but does it really fucking matter if you have to move a few seats away. Also we didn't give forest the whole end, we gave them 3200, we had the lower tier. Someone fucked up definitely though, we could've gave them 2k in the upper tier and still used the corner bit ourselves. I like the idea of having our fans on the lower tier personally even though it is a shite view.
See my response above too.

Fucking destructive criticism. The refuge of the halfwit, the egotist, the mediocre, and anyone who's never had to actually make an actual fucking decision.

What would you do if you were King, instead of that Jug-Eared Clown, dad?

My manifesto, son, to right the wrongs of society is: If you are going to say something is shit at any time in any context* then, on pain of fucking death, you have to offer an alternative.

*Unless you are pointing at some actual shit.
It's Chesterton's fence. Before you get to do away with a measure, protection etc, you have to be able to explain why it is there. Only if you can understand its purpose do you then get to comment on whether that purpose is still relevant or can be met via a more suitable measure.

You're right, and it ends up like democracy (the worst option, apart from all the others).

It's unavoidable though that the current system effectively makes attending away games into a closed shop - the only way I (3 years ST, can't go to most away games but would be good to go occasionally) can possibly hope to get away tickets at all is through a ballot and the short timescales on those means I can't easily plan travel around them if I do.

More interesting than just the number in loyalty point tiers is the numbers who attend all/some/a few games. Is it a problem that can be solved another way, e.g. with some form of away ST for example, with the rest of tickets released to general sale much sooner? Or have we got 2500 every game-ers and your only chance of getting anything is via a ballot or age-related atrophy?

Having been promoted to the Premier League and gone to Wembley recently, some parasites people want the loyalty points system changed, funny that.

How does 'fuck off' sound? Your perennial whining is like music to my ears 🤣🤣🤣

You're right, and it ends up like democracy (the worst option, apart from all the others).

It's unavoidable though that the current system effectively makes attending away games into a closed shop - the only way I (3 years ST, can't go to most away games but would be good to go occasionally) can possibly hope to get away tickets at all is through a ballot and the short timescales on those means I can't easily plan travel around them if I do.

More interesting than just the number in loyalty point tiers is the numbers who attend all/some/a few games. Is it a problem that can be solved another way, e.g. with some form of away ST for example, with the rest of tickets released to general sale much sooner? Or have we got 2500 every game-ers and your only chance of getting anything is via a ballot or age-related atrophy?
I’d guess there’s 800-1,000 that all do the vast majority of away games. Not dependent on league status. 80% of games upwards. This number will increase a little next season.

These fans need their ability to buy protected by any tweaking of the system.

Underneath this core is where I’d focus for any more radical change for away purchase.

Should be a total reset ever 5 years or so
The loyal away fans will still get top points but not as many points catogories, season ticket holders allowed to purchase 1 ticket for a friend /family etc points free for home games

So if I've had a season ticket for 32 years consecutively, sat through a lot of utter shit including 6 years in L1, been to 100's of away and cup games, and spent an absolute fortune over they years, I should get my points taken off me because someone who's attended for the past 5 years doesn't like it and wants first dibs on Prem tickets? Does anyone understand what loyalty actually is? Get lost!

So if I've had a season ticket for 32 years consecutively, sat through a lot of utter shit including 6 years in L1, been to 100's of away and cup games, and spent an absolute fortune over they years, I should get my points taken off me because someone who's attended for the past 5 years doesn't like it and wants first dibs on Prem tickets? Does anyone understand what loyalty actually is? Get lost!
I don't think anybody is suggesting that are they?

Back
Top Bottom