Throw the book at him

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That would give me and the people that I travel away with a problem.

I'm the last one to act like a bell end in the ground. (just look at all my previous posts calling out bad behaviour from flares to persistent standing)

You can't banish everyone that enjoys a beer or three before the game but still knows how to conduct themselves in a socially responsible manner or there'd be very few people left in the ground.
Having spent some of your life in Maidenhead I can understand you loving a booze pal😂😂😂😂😂👍👍

I loved going away, and still do but I'm more vigilant around our younger blade's than the home fans now. If I was 5 stone lighter and 10yrs younger I would like to have a nice chat with the loudest knob head in the group. Teach them respect and what it stands for.

I know it gets said often these days, but we've got some absolute arseholes following us these days.

After the first goal last night I was pushed that hard from behind that I flattened the bloke in front of me who smacked his head as he went down.

Totally needless where I was and not a mere accident of exuberant celebrating.

So rightly or wrongly I returned the favour when one of the culprits came back up the stairs and shoved him over a few seats.

All got ridiculous expressions on their faces presumably from being Charlied up.
A good reason for keeping all seating stadiums .

It used to be much easier when it was standing and you could choose where to stand at away games. Now it’s a lottery who you end up sitting near. At Derby someone had a foul mouthed go at me for not singing every second of the game. When I responded with “At least I’m watching the fucking game and not just staring at their fans” he looked like he was about to cry.

Saw an argument with a steward/ police before we got in the stadium.

A bit of handbags in the concourse before kick off.

Then the idiot sat next to us missed half the second half cos he was slumped in his seat, then had to be told by the steward numerous times for his language, standing up on the rail and had 2 bottles of beer took off him. And spat on the floor every 2 minutes. Nice
he sounds a real class act

One of my life's biggest regrets is the amount of booze I pissed up the wall when I was Eighteen plus, total waste of money,
Why go out and get lathered, then feel crap the next day - and then do it all again the following week?
Because it's fun. And part of growing up I s'pose- personally I think it's a bit less necessary in your 50s/60s but I don't judge folk for having a drink and a laugh....I do though for acting like embarrassing, aggressive dickheads.

Rail seating (safe standing) would stop this
I agree knob's at the front and the old school sensible one's middle to rear, I've put the idiot's at the front as they are all billy big bollocks so if it did kick off I'm safe 🤔🤔🤔🤣 maybe not

Never understood beer and aggression, it only makes you look like you can’t handle ale and to be fair a bit of a target for blokes who tend to know how to deal with you. I have 4 stages

1-3 pints - happy to be out of house and away from kids
3-6 pints- philosophical and have some form of opinion on all world matters
6-9 pints - giggly like a school girl
Single malts - Turns me on to a kebab hunter

At no point do I need to go toe to toe with some one. I’d rather fancy my chances more sober to be fair

It used to be much easier when it was standing and you could choose where to stand at away games. Now it’s a lottery who you end up sitting near. At Derby someone had a foul mouthed go at me for not singing every second of the game. When I responded with “At least I’m watching the fucking game and not just staring at their fans” he looked like he was about to cry.
Deciding to go on a whim helps with this too. Usually if I end up going to away days it's at the last minute when they haven't sold out, and you can move a bit if there's a bellend near you.

We have some prize tits, that's for sure, as with every club. I like a day on the ale with the Blades, don't get me wrong - but I don't think I'd ever wanna be at the point where I don't know what I'm doing or what I'm watching. That's why you carry on boozing after. Otherwise what's the point? Stay at home and get a crate in, it's cheaper.

Some let us down.

One of my life's biggest regrets is the amount of booze I pissed up the wall when I was Eighteen plus, total waste of money,
Why go out and get lathered, then feel crap the next day - and then do it all again the following week?
Because no fun story starts with - "we were sat having a coffee" 🤣

The amount of people who were drinking all through the first half and well into the second half without actually watching the game except on the tv. screens was unbelievable yesterday. Why go to the match if you have no intention of actually watching it? There were hundreds of them, I sometimes despair.

The amount of people who were drinking all through the first half and well into the second half without actually watching the game except on the tv. screens was unbelievable yesterday. Why go to the match if you have no intention of actually watching it? There were hundreds of them, I sometimes despair.
I have spoke to people that have fucked game off at ht and gone back to boozer. Even if I've had a few I always watch match throughout. I go for the football and a beer but always watch match properly

People born in the 90s/2000s were raised by the older generation, in a society and culture fostered by the older generation.
A bit of Mike and the Mechanics going on here.” Every generation blames the one before”. God forbid you take responsibility for your own actions.
Not getting at the “ yoof” of today that’s why I wrote” decease “ of the 2000s it’s effected a wide range of ages from arseholes as young as 5 to 70.

A bit of Mike and the Mechanics going on here.” Every generation blames the one before”. God forbid you take responsibility for your own actions.
Not getting at the “ yoof” of today that’s why I wrote” decease “ of the 2000s it’s effected a wide range of ages from arseholes as young as 5 to 70.
I've heard about the hooliganism of previous generations of football culture, I'd always assumed things have gotten better.

Agree with what people are complaining about though regardless.

Some lads on the last train back to Sheffield from Doncaster were showing off. They got off at meadowhall where a scrap ensued with shirts off on the platform!
That's the exact reason why I got off at Rotherham rather than meadowhall. The train was dangerously full and even on the platform at Donny I saw lads squaring up to each other. As I was squeezing my way to get off the train some bell end said "dis 'int Sheffield, wot u gerrin ov 'ere for?" I was going to reply with the long winded answer that after an expensive divorce that kimberworth was the only place in my budget where I could get a half decent house and keep up with paying maintenance to the ex wife..... But I simply told him to fuck off and barged past him.

Again, in my experience there are nobhead fans of all ages. No single generation behaves better than any other and am saying this after going to hundreds of blades matches, home and away, since the early 80s. All the 'in my day' lot are deluded.
Given that, which I'm happy to accept. I think there is now aggression, arguments, kids looking for trouble WITHIN the Blades following. Blade on Blade trouble. Not looking after each other. (I started going away in the 70s). What's your view? Do you agree in any way? Genuinely interested.

I've only been binned out of one away game in my life - at Molineux years ago. I was trying to stop a steward ejecting a fellow Blade, and he took me instead. To be pompous, I was protecting one of my own. Yet, this year in the Cup at Molineux, one young gun was very aggressive TO me, when I thought I was just discussing whether the keeper had got a hand on it. Me, a fellow Blade, I was fair game for him

It's that aggression towards fellow Blades which I think is growing.

Back
Top Bottom