Throw the book at him

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I remember going to Hillsborough 1966 and both sets of fans sat and stood together. The rivalry was intense, but something culturally and sociologically happened in the late 1960’s and it’s continued and been normalised over the decades. Probably not a widely shared view but the Thatcher years of celebrated individuality and individualism has probably got something to do with it, the “me and now”, mindset
Ditto. In the early 60's I used to go to Bramall Lane with my grandad and sometimes with my dad to Hillsborough. It didn't really matter where you stood. It was all flat caps and rattles (speaking of which, I still have !) The first real grief I witnessed was at the Lane in the late 60's courtesy Man City and the White Shite when they lobbed snooker balls from the back of the Kop.

Also. While we're on the respect fellow Blades journey. We could bin off the casual sexism at any time for me...
I don't like to be negative when it comes to stuff like this but I fear we're a LONG way away from that. Probably decades which is such a shame. I go to most away games on my own, hence I don't drink as I drive to each game. Very occasionally I take my other half. So far this season I've took her to Derby, Forest, Bournemouth and Peterborough on Saturday away with me and every single game there is always a comment (not aimed at her) about women or some chatter about "Get your tits out for the lads" and I just despair. She has to just accept that when she's with me and it's not just Blades fans or football, it's just society. When drunk, lads seem to think it's even more acceptable.

Oh and also, quit the fucking sex offender song, whether it's Bannan or Boris Johnson, just stop with that shite. It was same at Chelsea away 2 seasons ago, singing rent boys song. Just stop it. I'm not singing about anyone being a sex offender. It isn't "bantz", it's just disrespectful.

As for trouble on Saturday, luckily, based on where I was sat I had no personal trouble near me. I did at Forest and Derby and hated it. There were a few drunk lads behind me that when the first goal went in he thought it was acceptable to use my shoulder as a shelf to help himself up either on to the seats or his mates. Told me to get off and he apologised.

I really think the club need to look at threads like these. This isn't the first one this season or in previous seasons. The amount of people who also comment and back this shit up astounds me. There aren't many people who defend it either (apart from the dickheads who cause the trouble).

My wife always says that, “ why do you always need a beer when you’re watching the footy?”.
Simple “ It’s Sheff U , try watching them sober, you’d never go again”.

I know you said this in jest but I've not had one sip of alcohol at any away game this season and I enjoy it just fine for the most part :D

Seems like a few years ago people were just up in arms about the 'shag your women and drink your beer' song.

From reading this and various similar threads this season seems we have a bunch of coked/boozed-up trouble at large 'everywhere we go' ?

Theres definitely a social element to football I think. Usually a dad and lad thing or a chance to meet up with your mates and use football as an excuse. I suppose as people get older, particularly mates, they dont see each other as often so it is a chance for a catch up and a few beers.

Away games are a completely different ball game though. It feels very ‘Brits abroad’ sometimes. I admit I drink more on away games than I do at home games but I like to I usually know the limit.

Also, kudos to you for being able to watch the Adkins years sober. :D
I don’t drink before or at games but that era nearly cured that

no disrespect intended mate but do you not think you’re own anxiety could be transferred onto your daughter ?

Times have changed since we were kids. I was walking to school with my friends at ~7. My daughter is in Y6 and I don't think any of her year take themselves to school. It seems to have shifted to Y7 where kids start doing this.

Seems like a few years ago people were just up in arms about the 'shag your women and drink your beer' song.

From reading this and various similar threads this season seems we have a bunch of coked/boozed-up trouble at large 'everywhere we go' ?

Yes. The song that a number of people have explained to me, somewhat forensically, that if you look at it this other way, and put a different, non rape interpretation on it, then it can under certain circumstances not be a pro rape song. Of course, if you have to go to those lengths to explain it to me, it's probably because it is pro rape.

Did anyone else see that idiot blade push a Peterborough fan off the platform onto the tracks last night? The Peterborough fan was being a prize bellend don’t get me wrong but that’s attempted murder is it not?!
Hope someone beat the fuck our of the dirty cunt for doing that.

Yes. The song that a number of people have explained to me, somewhat forensically, that if you look at it this other way, and put a different, non rape interpretation on it, then it can under certain circumstances not be a pro rape song. Of course, if you have to go to those lengths to explain it to me, it's probably because it is pro rape.
If it went: 'shag your women (against their will) and drink your beer' then it would definitely be be beyond the pale.

If it went: 'shag your women (against their will) and drink your beer' then it would definitely be be beyond the pale.
Poor effort with the "beer" & "pale" gag 🤓

(btw "your" is one of the offending words - obvs)

Reactions: Dkc
Hope someone beat the fuck our of the dirty cunt for doing that.
thinking back now the amount of police that first appeared on the platform and then disappeared up the stairs I’m presuming he got arrested thankfully. To be honest the Peterborough fan could’ve easily got arrested himself just before he got pushed onto the track, he was acting the goat and goading the blades to act big infront of other people that I presume to have been Peterborough fans themselves, obviously this doesn’t mean he deserved to be pushed onto the tracks I’m just pointing out that he was also acting like an idiot.

A bit of Mike and the Mechanics going on here.” Every generation blames the one before”. God forbid you take responsibility for your own actions.
Not getting at the “ yoof” of today that’s why I wrote” decease “ of the 2000s it’s effected a wide range of ages from arseholes as young as 5 to 70.
The yoof of today are completely different most of them think there gangsters with swagger and attitude. Can’t see it changing pal it’s how things are now as much as I hate to say it

If you look at the state of the clowns who sing it, it would have to be rape because I can’t imagine any woman being willing.

this is genuine question & i thought is good place to ask. because this is from a person that is teetotal, has never done the pub because it was never a thing growing up going with my granddad then when he passed, i moved sides to sit with my auntie have been their for 20 yrs. it was always chip shop pre match not pub

why do you need drink 6-8 pints to watch a football match
Genuine response pal I drink about 6 pre match but never pissed before game like to pissed it’s just a thing I enjoy doing on a Saturday

The yoof of today are completely different most of them think there gangsters with swagger and attitude. Can’t see it changing pal it’s how things are now as much as I hate to say it
There have been youths with swagger and attitude since there's been youth. Teds, Mods, Punks - all got the same press. Generally speaking, most teenagers today aren't that dissimilar from those of yesteryear.

There are some wrong uns, there always has been, but modern scrotes are just a variation on what went before. Even Cleopatra complained about the "youth of today" yet the world keeps turning.

There have been youths with swagger and attitude since there's been youth. Teds, Mods, Punks - all got the same press. Generally speaking, most teenagers today aren't that dissimilar from those of yesteryear.

There are some wrong uns, there always has been, but modern scrotes are just a variation on what went before. Even Cleopatra complained about the "youth of today" yet the world keeps turning.
Your right pal but these days you get a blade in your face for looking wrong way I mean I’m quite Street wise meself but nowadays there morals are all wrong

Your right pal but these days you get a blade in your face for looking wrong way I mean I’m quite Street wise meself but nowadays there morals are all wrong
It was much better when youths would batter random people enjoying the football

It was much better when youths would batter random people enjoying the football
It were better before cctv and all this red tape come in to football.

You strike me as a deranged individual sir may I suggest seeking some professional help it could potentially improve your mindset and outlook judging by your comment I think it’s justified

Hopefully this incident has given the aforementioned Peterborough fan some pause for reflection and he is now less of a bellend for the experience.

Life brings forth many opportunities for personal growth 🙏

The thing is, exactly the same thing was said about the Teddy Boys in the 50s. The press whipped up a moral panic about "out of control youth", the Tories used it as an election issue and legislation was passed about carrying knives (especially flick knives in this case).

It's not to justify their actions, just to say it's nothing new. Every generation has it's scrotes - and there never was a golden age (despite what the Mail and Telegraph would have us believe).

Genuine response pal I drink about 6 pre match but never pissed before game like to pissed it’s just a thing I enjoy doing on a Saturday
do you not need about 3 pisses during the game?!

The thing is, exactly the same thing was said about the Teddy Boys in the 50s. The press whipped up a moral panic about "out of control youth", the Tories used it as an election issue and legislation was passed about carrying knives (especially flick knives in this case).

It's not to justify their actions, just to say it's nothing new. Every generation has it's scrotes - and there never was a golden age (despite what the Mail and Telegraph would have us believe).

I agree about the golden age, but I think something changed after WW2, like the old order was gone, or at least eroded. Churchill's tories got a shock when they were rejected by the electorate, and it seemed that was when the "generation gap" started - the older generation wasn't automatically followed and respected any more. Teddy boys, then mods and rockers, then skinheads (and hippies who chose a different way to rebel).

Also I read somewhere that after every major war the crime rate in this country went up for a while before going back down - but this time it didn't go back down.

Back
Top Bottom