Throw the book at him

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Cracks me up when people want to blame solely 1 particular generation of fans. From 40 years of going to our games home and away, 1 thing that never changes is that it is fans of all ages that act up. Yesterday walking thru peterbro I saw a bunch of 20 something lads picking on some local old fella for no reason. Then at the game a steward just politely asked a few pissed up blokes who looked like they were pushing 60 to relocate from the bottom tier. He got abuse back from them and one thought it was funny to start singing 'we'll do what we want...'. Dickheads of all ages.

I once went to Southampton vs Middlesbrough with some of my mates from Uni during the Juninho era. Several of their group of friends, who had started drinking on the first train from Darlo were refused entry, and one who took it badly was carted off by the police. Being drunk and disorderly is a criminal offence, so I don't see why obviously wankered people couldn't be stopped.

It's actually getting to the stage where I think some people should be breathalyzed before being allowed into the stadium.
That would give me and the people that I travel away with a problem.

I'm the last one to act like a bell end in the ground. (just look at all my previous posts calling out bad behaviour from flares to persistent standing)

You can't banish everyone that enjoys a beer or three before the game but still knows how to conduct themselves in a socially responsible manner or there'd be very few people left in the ground.

I agree. Social media has a lot to answer for. It's all about what they can post on facebook or whatever else they use these days .... hey look at me, I'm fucking ace, I'm having a great time.....

I just don't get it myself. Rather than trying to convince virtual "friends" that you are having a wonderful time..... why not just actually have the wonderful time? I've been (and still get from time to time) pissed at matches many times but I can't remember ever acting the cunt with my own fans. Even with away fans, I'd rather have a giggle and bit of friendly banter than be a pissed up cock giving it the large.
Don't think Facebook or any other media that's going is soley to blame. Plain and simple morals (or lack of), respect and selfishness , the modern decease of the 2000s.

Some lads on the last train back to Sheffield from Doncaster were showing off. They got off at meadowhall where a scrap ensued with shirts off on the platform!

I've seen enough abuse home and away to fellow human beings for no good reason to know that I'll never go to another game. Simply can't understand how drinking any alcohol is supposed to be fun for someone and those around them, especially when you've got your kids with you. Enjoyed taking my lads to games in league 1 until it got harder to get tickets and travel up for games when all these fans showed up again. The only moral high ground anyone seems concerned about is the effin covid pass. Right now I'm 2 weeks into an amazing stay in birmingham qe being royally looked after. It's completely mad and bonkers in here and the only reason I wanted to come in was to prove to myself that this coof is complete bs and it is. I could have been killed multiple times in here with things they have done to me or not. Best was an arterial burst from my groin and shouting the nurse with blood pissing everywhere she just walked off. Thankfully I got an apology afterwards but she was talking to someone.. As for stories of people on ventilators, I'm supposed to be coof positive after I got admitted and on a covid ward. Can't see family or friends and have to stay in my room until I get myself dragged around the hospital by porters who've been all over and then sat in lifts with complete strangers stood looking down on you. But if I went 2 meters close to my family they would be required to isolate for 10 days according to this lot in here. If you told everyone about a new super bug going around that makes you limp, stutter and blink everyone would be doing it. Same with the behaviour at football, somehow people believe that's how it's supposed to be. If you don't like it then set an example and don't get tanked up and go bragging about it online thinking it excuses you but allows you to condemn others because they have taken something stronger.

One of my life's biggest regrets is the amount of booze I pissed up the wall when I was Eighteen plus, total waste of money,
Why go out and get lathered, then feel crap the next day - and then do it all again the following week?
If I could rewind the clock back to when I was 18, I’d do it all again and again and again, why? because it’s great to be young and having fun. It’s a part of life and a part of growing up.

I don’t get to many away games these days, due to my lack loyalty points. But the ones I do manage to get tickets for, I tend to come away from them thinking I haven’t got anything in common with my fellow Blades anymore. I like a drink like the next man, but it seems like away days have become a glorified piss up with a football match attached. This is probably more evident when we play clubs (like Peterborough) who obviously haven’t got the same number of knobheads as we have. Just walking through Peterborough’s reasonably pleasant town centre, you could spot the Blades a mile off. Little mobs of dad and lads, pissed out of their heads staggering around the town square shouting and yawping at bewildered afternoon shoppers.
It just might be my age, but there does seem to be a new yobbish element who travel away with our beloved club.

The thought of a good hiding from my Dad stopped me from ever acting like the dickheads of today. Don’t get me wrong I’ve acted like a tit at times but I knew there was a limit and knew when to calm down. It’s just having some self respect, respect for other people and basic manners. Not too much to ask us it?

I've seen enough abuse home and away to fellow human beings for no good reason to know that I'll never go to another game. Simply can't understand how drinking any alcohol is supposed to be fun for someone and those around them, especially when you've got your kids with you. Enjoyed taking my lads to games in league 1 until it got harder to get tickets and travel up for games when all these fans showed up again. The only moral high ground anyone seems concerned about is the effin covid pass. Right now I'm 2 weeks into an amazing stay in birmingham qe being royally looked after. It's completely mad and bonkers in here and the only reason I wanted to come in was to prove to myself that this coof is complete bs and it is. I could have been killed multiple times in here with things they have done to me or not. Best was an arterial burst from my groin and shouting the nurse with blood pissing everywhere she just walked off. Thankfully I got an apology afterwards but she was talking to someone.. As for stories of people on ventilators, I'm supposed to be coof positive after I got admitted and on a covid ward. Can't see family or friends and have to stay in my room until I get myself dragged around the hospital by porters who've been all over and then sat in lifts with complete strangers stood looking down on you. But if I went 2 meters close to my family they would be required to isolate for 10 days according to this lot in here. If you told everyone about a new super bug going around that makes you limp, stutter and blink everyone would be doing it. Same with the behaviour at football, somehow people believe that's how it's supposed to be. If you don't like it then set an example and don't get tanked up and go bragging about it online thinking it excuses you but allows you to condemn others because they have taken something stronger.
You lost me a bit in the middle there.

I appreciate most clubs our size have a select group of fans that go to football to get coked off their face, shout abuse at random people just going about their Saturday afternoon shopping, and, of course, push people off train platforms, but fuck me, it isn’t half embarrassing that they’re supporting our club.

I wasn't aware of the incident at the station but I did spend time around the station and observed plenty of fairly mindless behaviour.

Because of an earlier cancelled train, then a subsequent delayed train, I only arrived at the ground with 5 minutes to spare and went to the row where my seat was but the chap at the end of the row said it was 'sit anywhere', so I went a little higher up and there were plenty of places available. There were a few people on the row in front and just before kick off a father and son appeared and insisted on having their seats, so people moved aside and they took their position. The father seemed very unsteady on his feet and between standing and leaning on his seat and occasionally sitting down with his head in his hands, I was beginning to wonder if he might be unwell. There was no bad behaviour and I concluded the father was just dead drunk and his adult son a little less so, but what was the point of turning up at a game in that condition ?

We had one smoke bomb thrown on the pitch after the first goal but I didn't see any bottle throwing unlike at Hull and Derby.

Arriving at the station, the 20.18 was cancelled and the first available train was at 20.48, delayed until 21.35. I hung around for a short time, long enough to see two largish groups of boisterous young lads appear and go straight to the platform. I have no idea whether they knew the train had been cancelled. Some people talked of catching a train to Newark and getting another train from there but I noticed when my train arrived at Newark there were a few Blades on the platform. Other people went to the pub. Boringly I went and bought a sandwich and sat on a bench outside the station. There was a large posse of policeman. one of whom was giving someone a mouthful because he had apparently made some derogatory remark about the policeman being fat! Later I heard one of the policemen saying that he was annoyed by fans who had been whistling the Laurel and Hardy tune at them - seemed a bit trivial to me and it appeared to me that there had been plenty of harmless banter (all be it drunken) going on.

Went back into the station and saw that the delayed train was now due to arrive at 21.05 rather than 21.35. I did wonder how many people missed that train by going to the pub. Went to platform 5 and went to the front end of the platform away from the main body of fans. It was announced that the train would depart from platform 4 so everyone moved across. I then heard an announcement asking for any available policemen to go to platform 4 and this may have been when the incident occurred. My carriage at the front of the train was half empty but I imagine the carriages further back were packed.

I enjoyed the game but just about everything else about the day left quite a bit to be desired. I long since concluded that most pissed up people are only fun to be with if you're pissed up yourself.

With the sixty plus year olds, I think a lot are just retiring too early with no back-up plan as to what they are going to do with the rest of their lives,
so they do what they love doing best - drinking and trying to be eighteen again, you wan'na see them in Spain where i live, 10.30 in the morning, full English break'y and their first pint of the day - in summer, the Brit's are the worst, just two weeks of a piss up for them! I've seen some sights over here believe me, at ties I've been ashamed to be British.
Onwards & upwards, the boys did well yesterday.
Fucking guiris with their lager fuelled sense of entitlement and shit dress sense. Fuck em.

I know it gets said often these days, but we've got some absolute arseholes following us these days.

After the first goal last night I was pushed that hard from behind that I flattened the bloke in front of me who smacked his head as he went down.

Totally needless where I was and not a mere accident of exuberant celebrating.

So rightly or wrongly I returned the favour when one of the culprits came back up the stairs and shoved him over a few seats.

All got ridiculous expressions on their faces presumably from being Charlied up.

Mate, a few years ago at Millwall, an old boy nearly got sent over the fucking edge into the tier below from the dick heads rows behind us falling all over us. Poor guy looked shook up after.

I know we all love our club, a lot of us love a few beers, but no need to act like this.

The concept of 'limbs' needs to fuck right off.

Some lads on the last train back to Sheffield from Doncaster were showing off. They got off at meadowhall where a scrap ensued with shirts off on the platform!

They need to know scrapping has to be done in Argos car park.

Mate, a few years ago at Millwall, an old boy nearly got sent over the fucking edge into the tier below from the dick heads rows behind us falling all over us. Poor guy looked shook up after.

I know we all love our club, a lot of us love a few beers, but no need to act like this.

The concept of 'limbs' needs to fuck right off.
Agree.

There seems to be a mentality that it's either act like this or be boring.

You can celebrate and jump around with your mates without careering down the aisle stairs en masse deliberately sending people flying as you go.

The bloke in front of me yesterday, in his 50s or 60s at a guess, could easily have been knocked cold with how hard he hit his head.

Many of us have been on terraces and gone mad after goals but it's far worse with seating if everyone surges. Does make me wonder how some still think safe standing is dangerous. It would take all this sort of stuff out the equation.

How many mg of oxy you on? I find a quick nip of Whisky with each dose, works wonders.

Is it really so much worse today? When I was a teenager in the early 80s fans would set carry on drinking after the night clubs turned out, do speed, arrive in the away town early and carry out random acts of vandalism, ransack shops, pick on home fans and random members of the public, and turn up to the game absolutely wankered (if they made it at all).

It isn't the the fault of alcohol or drugs (though they can exacerbate it), it's the fault of people who set off to away days (I wouldn't even say to watch the football because half of them don't) with a mindset that pretty much anything goes because it's a football match.

I've certainly had plenty of away days when I've had a fair few beers. But some self respect and the fact I go with my dad means it's never got to the point where it stops me being able to understand/watch the match, or ruining it for others around me.

I couldn't work out if I was being trolled or what yesterday but when first goal went in I was cracked on side of jaw hard twice by lad behind me. I don't mind boisterous but fucking hell I think he was trying to knock me out. I spent the rest of the match trying to work out how he'd done it from behind me and a row above.

Reactions: Dkc
There have always been idiots and dickheads at football games. The problem now is they seem to feel they can do whatever they want and it's tough if you don't like it. They also know they can get away with it.

What's the point of all the CCTV everywhere is nothing is ever done about bad behaviour? It must be easy to find culprits and ban them. As soon as you've done it to a a few, and publicised it, others will calm down.

I can understand having a few beers before a game but I have no idea what there seems to be a culture of the more you drink the cooler you are. Why would anyone want to be stuck in a freezing cold stadium pissed for 120 minutes?

The thought of a good hiding from my Dad stopped me from ever acting like the dickheads of today. Don’t get me wrong I’ve acted like a tit at times but I knew there was a limit and knew when to calm down. It’s just having some self respect, respect for other people and basic manners. Not too much to ask us it?
Trouble is most young ones don't have any these days

Away days used to be great years ago.

I think Sheffield is changing that much now with how youngsters are it's how things are gonna be sadly imo

Back
Top Bottom