The State of Sheffield United's Finances with Kieran Maguire

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’m not sure the briefs are rushing to open a file called S. Thornton vs Messers R Knight & J.Palmer just yet ;)

Just posted that you can’t defame the dead and no one can start an action on their behalf.

Watched the video this morning, Hal. Pretty good stuff, thanks. Maguire is an excellent resource for football fans.

The fact that ON AVERAGE each Championship club loses £400k+ per week is scandalous. The Premier League should be ashamed for creating this insane wealth pyramid - it needs changing and fast.

Watched the video this morning, Hal. Pretty good stuff, thanks. Maguire is an excellent resource for football fans.

The fact that ON AVERAGE each Championship club loses £400k+ per week is scandalous. The Premier League should be ashamed for creating this insane wealth pyramid - it needs changing and fast.

Championship clubs are mostly doing it by choice, how is it the fault of the Premier League?

Kind of, but they're actually chasing the promotion and/or riches, which is pretty natural in what is supposed to be a competitive pyramid.
The clubs make the rules. Instead of ffp "allowing" x amount of millions to be lost the limit should be to break even with ticket caps to stop fans being ripped off and owners spending money on stuff that lasts longer than going straight into a players pocket.

Won't happen though.

The clubs make the rules. Instead of ffp "allowing" x amount of millions to be lost the limit should be to break even with ticket caps to stop fans being ripped off and owners spending money on stuff that lasts longer than going straight into a players pocket.

Won't happen though.
The majority of football clubs in England have zero input into Premier League income, wealth distribution, wages and stockpiling of players etc.

Straight forward salary caps all round are probably needed in my opinion (but won't happen because the big 6 might not win the Champions League, boo hoo).... Let the biggest stars go to Real Madrid, Bayern or wherever, if they want. Clubs and tradition etc are great things, regardless of whether they're world beaters on the pitch or not.

The majority of football clubs in England have zero input into Premier League income, wealth distribution, wages and stockpiling of players etc.

Straight forward salary caps all round are probably needed in my opinion (but won't happen because the big 6 might not win the Champions League, boo hoo).... Let the biggest stars go to Real Madrid, Bayern or wherever, if they want. Clubs and tradition etc are great things, regardless of whether they're world beaters on the pitch or not.
Not even talking about the premier league but the EFL losing millions!

Premier league money is already so far ahead it's essentially a super league. It could set a cap and still be a bigger payer than most other than maybe psg and the Saudi retirement league

It won’t change. It’s not in the premier leagues interest to change as they are all making an absolute fortune and that’s all they are bothered about.

I struggle to comprehend the level of naivety of someone who thinks that a wealthy person buying a football club doesn’t want something out of it, be it a profit on eventual sale or the kudos that comes with ownership. Others use it as a sportswashing exercise. What are you actually hoping for from a new owner?
I don’t think it’s that. It’s more a case of why would an owner who’s team gets promoted to the top league where 100+ million comes in sell his two top players and then over see an truly embarrassing season.

agree with that big summer coming up for the club get the recruitment right and i see no reason we shouldnt be challenging for top 6 we were so unprepared for the premier league last summer we never stood a chance of staying in it
My issue is Stoke signed 20 odd players this season and went from mid table to relegation candidates.

They are now all on 2/3 year deals so very hard to even change them.

It is vital to get right players.

It’s more a case of why would an owner who’s team gets promoted to the top league where 100+ million comes in sell his two top players and then over see an truly embarrassing season.

The answer to that question has been answered many times on this forum
Keeping Ndiaye and Berge wouldnt have guaranteed us staying up and we would have been £30m less well off
Im sure if keeping those two would have guaranteed us staying up they would still be here
Its so easy spending someone elses money

The answer to that question has been answered many times on this forum
Keeping Ndiaye and Berge wouldnt have guaranteed us staying up and we would have been £30m less well off
Im sure if keeping those two would have guaranteed us staying up they would still be here
Its so easy spending someone elses money
I know it has and I have heard that “ spending someone else’s money” quote many many times.
Burnley kept their players and added more
Luton kept their players and added more.
There was a very high chance they’d get relegated aswell.
What we did was nonsensical and the outcome was embarrassing defeats and most likely a team of players low on morale and something that could well and truly carry over into next season( I do hope I’m wrong on that).

many would say the vast majority of magistrates don't, just read up on a particular case ,,,,,
like accountants do

Accounting rules and principles don’t change. Neither, generally, does basic law in that court. After reading up, you then apply your interpretation. Guided by Clerks to the court. Clearly the High Court never passed any defamation cases down to Magistrates* Which looks like a good thing.

* l know, l know. :)

Accounting rules and principles don’t change. Neither, generally, does basic law in that court. After reading up, you then apply your interpretation. Guided by Clerks to the court. Clearly the High Court never passed any defamation cases down to Magistrates* Which looks like a good thing.

* l know, l know. :)
Nah mostly motoring affray and not important enough for a judge
whereas accountants have to compete with on line apps now

You can see why clubs rely so heavily on loan ins now , so they aren’t stuck with players wages & long contracts.
The irony being by doing that it’s a short term fix & you can’t build a side around that as there’s no continuity.
Look at Burnley , got promoted on with a side that had 7 loan ins or more , reach PL only 2 allowed so then have to spend only to go down ?
The modern game is so fucked up now , how in gods name over the years have clubs owners who are running other successful businesses allowed the employees wages to out strip the money coming in ??
Football needs a reset .. but how that’ll ever now be achieved is beyond me ⚔️

You can see why clubs rely so heavily on loan ins now , so they aren’t stuck with players wages & long contracts.
The irony being by doing that it’s a short term fix & you can’t build a side around that as there’s no continuity.
Look at Burnley , got promoted on with a side that had 7 loan ins or more , reach PL only 2 allowed so then have to spend only to go down ?
The modern game is so fucked up now , how in gods name over the years have clubs owners who are running other successful businesses allowed the employees wages to out strip the money coming in ??
Football needs a reset .. but how that’ll ever now be achieved is beyond me ⚔️
I remember Norwich getting stick for "aiming to be 21st best in the country"

I don't think they are alone.

He's saying we all know where the money is going .... United World & his other poverty stricken clubs. Try Google like everyone else does. According to the CEO of United World Abdullah Mohammed.. . Who I is on our Board of 3 people . .. Sheffield United is the revenue for United World. Some fans accept we are subsiding all these crap foreign clubs. They accept it because they aren't true Blades, they're just Abdullah arsehole creepers.

His name is

Abdullah Yousef Mohammed ALGHAMDI​

Do some research.

Back
Top Bottom