The State of Sheffield United's Finances with Kieran Maguire

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I struggle to comprehend the level of naivety of someone who thinks that a wealthy person buying a football club doesn’t want something out of it, be it a profit on eventual sale or the kudos that comes with ownership. Others use it as a sportswashing exercise. What are you actually hoping for from a new owner?
Not that naive just hoping for an owner who is willing to give us a fighting chance. Nick I get you are always positive about the current chap but i’m not as i think we deserve more.

I struggle to comprehend the level of naivety of someone who thinks that a wealthy person buying a football club doesn’t want something out of it, be it a profit on eventual sale or the kudos that comes with ownership. Others use it as a sportswashing exercise. What are you actually hoping for from a new owner?
Spot on. People demand wealthy investors and to run the club like a proper business, then get their knickers in a twist when said investor looks for a return on that investment. Crackers.

Reading reports saying we may have to pay the Nigerian chancer 10m quid
if he gets convicted of fraud in the USA 2m of which is interest

a ) Are American judgements enforceable here ,
b ) why should we pay interest on money given to us
c ) how is it anyones fault whos been given any amount of money, if hes fraudulently gained millions then given it away surely its up to him to replace it

if they catch the bastards who steal peoples pensions , have spent it in the seychelles who pays that back , the luxury hotels for accepting bent money
and surely that 8m was given to liverpool for brewster so they really got that 8m
My understanding was that money was a non refundable show of a bidder with intent and willingness to put his money where is mouth was. I stated at the time that this had happened (an initial sum and then i became sketchy on the other figures my understanding was it was 9 m. I know some people trawl everything i put on here but I mentioned it around December of said year) I don’t think he stands a chance of getting it back.

My understanding was that money was a non refundable show of a bidder with intent and willingness to put his money where is mouth was. I stated at the time that this had happened (an initial sum and then i became sketchy on the other figures my understanding was it was 9 m. I know some people trawl everything i put on here but I mentioned it around December of said year) I don’t think he stands a chance of getting it back
our culpability in this matter , is very tenuous

as you point out he gave it to us as a part of the vast wealth he claimed he had, as proof of his wealth we are as much victims of his dealings as those stupid enough to give him the money, We did not assist him in any way with whatever fraud he committed in the states so we are not accomplices , in any fraud , The onus of repayment of fraud surely is totally down to him, he bought an airline supposedly , do the vendors of that have to return money

Reading reports saying we may have to pay the Nigerian chancer 10m quid
if he gets convicted of fraud in the USA 2m of which is interest

a ) Are American judgements enforceable here ,
b ) why should we pay interest on money given to us
c ) how is it anyones fault whos been given any amount of money, if hes fraudulently gained millions then given it away surely its up to him to replace it

if they catch the bastards who steal peoples pensions , have spent it in the seychelles who pays that back , the luxury hotels for accepting bent money
and surely that 8m was given to liverpool for brewster so they really got that 8m
It would be Abdullah who owes Dozy the money, it’s then down to him whether he takes it from the club or not.

as you point out he gave it to us as a part of the vast wealth he claimed he had, as proof of his wealth we are as much victims of his dealings as those stupid enough to give him the money, We did not assist him in any way with whatever fraud he committed in the states so we are not accomplices , in any fraud , The onus of repayment of fraud surely is totally down to him, he bought an airline supposedly , do the vendors of that have to return money

He didn’t give it to “us” as in the football club. He was looking to buy the club so the money would go to the owner. Who would be subject to any legal proceedings. This would obviously impact on the club but Dozy was dealing with the owner, not the FC.

I thought that it was part of the leagues process. It can be argued that damages could be claimed against Dozy in excess of this amount because it resulted in the owner concentrating his efforts on a chancer who didn’t have the wherewithal to buy the club when he could have been looking elsewhere.

I thought that it was part of the leagues process. It can be argued that damages could be claimed against Dozy in excess of this amount because it resulted in the owner concentrating his efforts on a chancer who didn’t have the wherewithal to buy the club when he could have been looking elsewhere.
Nice to see you showing a bit of of support for the Prince at last!

My understanding was that money was a non refundable show of a bidder with intent and willingness to put his money where is mouth was. I stated at the time that this had happened (an initial sum and then i became sketchy on the other figures my understanding was it was 9 m. I know some people trawl everything i put on here but I mentioned it around December of said year) I don’t think he stands a chance of getting it back.

Andy67
Feb 14, 2023
Add bookmark
#1,896
Silent Blade said:
The Prince has said he would like new investors so he may have agreed the £27M injection from Dozy and giving him more time to complete the takeover?

I think sometime ago he had made a payment of 10 m and then a second of 10 mil can’t be arsed to check.

its the adding of interest on the 8 / 9m whatever it was which is strange . if we had been duped into taking the money why would any interest be our fault

as Ive alluded to before Costa Blanca hotels golf courses and spas knowingly accept ex cons proceeds of robberies etc but never have to pay ill gotten gains money back to my knowledge , We offered a sale of goods / services for which he paid money to us, are we really liable for getting paid for goods or services given
to me its insane to say we have done anything wrong
Dozy is the criminal not us

its the adding of interest on the 8 / 9m whatever it was which is strange . if we had been duped into taking the money why would any interest be our fault

as Ive alluded to before Costa Blanca hotels golf courses and spas knowingly accept ex cons proceeds of robberies etc but never have to pay ill gotten gains money back to my knowledge , We offered a sale of goods / services for which he paid money to us, are we really liable for getting paid for goods or services given

It was a proposed share sale None of that post has any relevance to the issue. Go and have a lie down in your Mystery Machine.

Btw. No one is saying we are criminals.

We haven’t done anything wrong, we didn’t even receive the money, our owner did.

Without having to read 4 pages of comments, could someone just confirm if we're financially fucked or not?
It’s an historical view in a season we had a transfer embargo so it’s not good news.

It depends on your views around how we’ve restructured our finances this season as to whether we’re fucked in the future or not.

For me, we either need to bounce back next season with a plan to stay up or cut our cloth accordingly, to cut our cloth we would probably need to come around to the thinking that we’ll be a midtable Championship club at best for a few years without significant investment.

Not that naive just hoping for an owner who is willing to give us a fighting chance. Nick I get you are always positive about the current chap but i’m not as i think we deserve more.
I’m not always positive about the Prince. I would like a new owner. But I certainly don’t hate him for things that aren’t his fault. And when I look around the leagues then yes, we could do better but we could also do a lot worse.

I’m not always positive about the Prince. I would like a new owner. But I certainly don’t hate him for things that aren’t his fault. And when I look around the leagues then yes, we could do better but we could also do a lot worse.

As mad as it sounds, I think hypothetically if PA did suddenly come into some serious wealth himself I think he would spend more on the club.

We haven’t done anything wrong, we didn’t even receive the money, our owner did.
does it matter who receives money that's been fraudulently gained , those who receive any money in this way are not the criminals
I dont get how the US court can claim back any money off us , we are not the felons ,

does it matter who receives money that's been fraudulently gained , those who receive any money in this way are not the criminals
I dont get how the US court can claim back any money off us , we are not the felons ,
They aren’t claiming money back from us.

Back
Top Bottom