The State of Sheffield United's Finances with Kieran Maguire

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

As well as selling he wishes to keep a stake even though he bleats on about the stress it causes and the money he is haemorrhaging. We believe him or not and when i’m asked where the money is going it is a pointless question as of course i have no answer.

so basically you can come on here, make up any statement you like and when asked to provide evidence for that statement say “of course I have no answer”

Genius,

No great 'no shit Sherlock' statement, but its an entertainment business. The huge spike in player wages over the past 30 years reflects the fact that football now rivals the film industry in which the stars who put bums on seats can attract huge one off payments.
Still, I'm old enough to recall the days when footballers went on the bus to the games carrying their kit in a beat-up leather grip. Thing is those in the background don't earn a fraction of the players, who like screenwriters do most of the hard work. Without them there'd be no entertainment. I've never really understood that. Rant over...

As well as selling he wishes to keep a stake even though he bleats on about the stress it causes and the money he is haemorrhaging. We believe him or not and when i’m asked where the money is going it is a pointless question as of course i have no answer. The issue is wether you take a man who is very astute (mccabe takeover) or just likes to throw cash away, my belief is it’s not the latter. His coterie’s on here will say it’s his money and is his decision and they are right but it’s their and my club. The stupid comments that i am a former employee astounds me, just because i am critical of the above approach, i could argue conversely argue that they have connections with the club but the difference is that is a fact where as the former isn’t. I love this club and that marks me out from the owners, not commenting suits others on here but they defend him for his sterling job or get uppity when I don’t.
You have avoided the question. So again,what was the price and what was it increased to ? And why did you get the information from ? If you don't know just say so to stop wasting everyone' time

You have avoided the question. So again,what was the price and what was it increased to ? And why did you get the information from ? If you don't know just say so to stop wasting everyone' time
I read in the paper he wants 120m but wants to keep a 20% stake. I could be wrong but the repeated wants to keep a stake in the club is public knowledge

m
Deal with the opinion. I mentioned parrot to him because he keeps repeating himself, you sound protective over your chum.
Just back from the afternoon session ?

Repeated simply because you keep lying about what you said. As confirmed.

Don’t believe l’ve said much about the other unsubstantiated bullshit you’ve claimed recently.

£27m :)

m

Just back from the afternoon session ?

Repeated simply because you keep lying about what you said. As confirmed.

Don’t believe l’ve said much about the other unsubstantiated bullshit you’ve claimed recently.

£27m :)
Parrot

I read in the paper he wants 120m but wants to keep a 20% stake. I could be wrong but the repeated wants to keep a stake in the club is public knowledge
So you don't know the price has increased( as you stated in your post i replied to) or the original asking price.

A quick google search shows the media have guessed at £90mill last month asthe sale price and up to £170 mill at the end of last year....with a few figures in between. In other words, it is all guesswork

So you don't know the price has increased( as you stated in your post i replied to) or the original asking price.

A quick google search shows the media have guessed at £90mill last month asthe sale price and up to £170 mill at the end of last year....with a few figures in between. In other words, it is all guesswork
Yes it is guesswork and yes he has said he wants to keep a stake. Issue for me is we are floundering and I think we might in the championship but that’s guesswork as well.

Yes it is guesswork and yes he has said he wants to keep a stake. Issue for me is we are floundering and I think we might in the championship but that’s guesswork as well.
Why are you so bothered about HRH keeping a stake in the club?
It's a rather common practice in business all over the world
If he does keep a stake the new owner will pay less (and presumably HRH won't have any vestige of control over the company)
"However, giving up control of your business as an owner does not necessarily mean you can’t stay involved. In fact, many business owners continue to meaningfully contribute to their company post-sale through serving in a variety of roles."

Why are you so bothered about HRH keeping a stake in the club?
It's a rather common practice in business all over the world
If he does keep a stake the new owner will pay less (and presumably HRH won't have any vestige of control over the company)
"However, giving up control of your business as an owner does not necessarily mean you can’t stay involved. In fact, many business owners continue to meaningfully contribute to their company post-sale through serving in a variety of roles."

Nice to have a response that’s not just a jibe. I would agree with you in general but in football not. Mccabe v prince was set up for a fight to control the club in the contract that they agreed about buying the other out. I don’t want the prince in any capacity as he set out to make money, whinges that he is losing money then wants to stay.

Nice to have a response that’s not just a jibe. I would agree with you in general but in football not. Mccabe v prince was set up for a fight to control the club in the contract that they agreed about buying the other out. I don’t want the prince in any capacity as he set out to make money, whinges that he is losing money then wants to stay.
He did not set out to make money he set out to protect his money Having been put in that position by McCabe.
There is a very big difference !

you make numerous allegation, most of which you fail to substantiate yet are surprised that people show you little respect.

He did not set out to make money he set out to protect his money Having been put in that position by McCabe.

you make numerous allegation, most of which you fail to substantiate yet are surprised that people show you little respect.
He made it clear that he wanted to buy in to make money when he bought a share, he never came to the club saying he’d protect his money, he said he wanted to sell at a profit in the future. I don’t have documentary evidence of him saying it but he did. I thought giving my opinion would be controversial as the majority of a fan base do seem to be positive about him, Bettis and what is happening to the club. I have noticed that any dissenting views get short shrift on here because I know that some on here are close to the owners of the club. The majoritarian view on here is not shared by me and so it rankles.

I'm not interested in taking sides or getting involved in the tit for tat but for just for the sake of accuracy (and I'm generally more a Prince supporter), when he first came on board he did actually say that he saw an opportunity to make money from his initial investment (£20 million I think).

Things have changed and he's now invested more than that.

But personally speaking I thought his comments when he first bought in were quite honest and refreshing compared to some of the bull you hear.

That's because they are all crap, even peak didzy would seem a bargain compared to brewster and souza.
The rot starts at the top. If you're a loony owner who knows nothing about England football & keep spending more than your club earns , sell up to the highest bidder who can priove to the FA they're Kosher billionaires & have the money & ambition Sheffield United deserves. Enough of the crap Abdullah was crying selling Illy. There were still 12 months on his contract which would have kept us up. The sobbing Abdullah crap makes him sound like a simpleton.

He made it clear that he wanted to buy in to make money when he bought a share, he never came to the club saying he’d protect his money, he said he wanted to sell at a profit in the future. I don’t have documentary evidence of him saying it but he did. I thought giving my opinion would be controversial as the majority of a fan base do seem to be positive about him, Bettis and what is happening to the club. I have noticed that any dissenting views get short shrift on here because I know that some on here are close to the owners of the club. The majoritarian view on here is not shared by me and so it rankles.
Jim Phipps personally said, when he was Joint Chairman, Abdullah bought into the club to make money. Jim said there's nothing wrong with wanting to make an excellent profit. I really liked Jim Phipps he was an excellent joint Chairman. Unlike our current Chairman Yusuf Giansiracusa who says he doesn't like football !! FFS

so basically you can come on here, make up any statement you like and when asked to provide evidence for that statement say “of course I have no answer”

Genius,
He's saying we all know where the money is going .... United World & his other poverty stricken clubs. Try Google like everyone else does. According to the CEO of United World Abdullah Mohammed.. . Who I is on our Board of 3 people . .. Sheffield United is the revenue for United World. Some fans accept we are subsiding all these crap foreign clubs. They accept it because they aren't true Blades, they're just Abdullah arsehole creepers.

Jim Phipps personally said, when he was Joint Chairman, Abdullah bought into the club to make money. Jim said there's nothing wrong with wanting to make an excellent profit. I really liked Jim Phipps he was an excellent joint Chairman. Unlike our current Chairman Yusuf Giansiracusa who says he doesn't like football !! FFS
In defence of Yusuf, he opted for Hecky and said if it didn’t work out then he’d take responsibility.

A season and a half later, with only one cash signing of any note, we’d missed out in the Play Offs on penalties then gone up automatically.

In the grand scheme of all things Sheffield United that’s a pretty successful stint.

Add to that the following year where relegation will likely occur as expected, the hotel will be up and running, all the real estate is back in the hands of the club and the club has a genuine path to Academy Cat 1.

In the totality of running an organisation that’s not bad going for a Chairman.

He's saying we all know where the money is going .... United World & his other poverty stricken clubs. Try Google like everyone else does. According to the CEO of United World Abdullah Mohammed.. . Who I is on our Board of 3 people . .. Sheffield United is the revenue for United World. Some fans accept we are subsiding all these crap foreign clubs. They accept it because they aren't true Blades, they're just Abdullah arsehole creepers.
1711331770350.png
This is the truth behind the nonsense you make up.

I struggle to comprehend the level of naivety of someone who thinks that a wealthy person buying a football club doesn’t want something out of it, be it a profit on eventual sale or the kudos that comes with ownership. Others use it as a sportswashing exercise. What are you actually hoping for from a new owner?

The rot starts at the top. If you're a loony owner who knows nothing about England football & keep spending more than your club earns , sell up to the highest bidder who can priove to the FA they're Kosher billionaires & have the money & ambition Sheffield United deserves. Enough of the crap Abdullah was crying selling Illy. There were still 12 months on his contract which would have kept us up. The sobbing Abdullah crap makes him sound like a simpleton.
Someone around here sounds like a simpleton, I’m not sure it’s the Prince.

I think you’re right that he said that he wanted to sell at a profit. That’s what successful businessmen do. In order to sell a business at a healthy profit, it’s generally necessary to leave the business in a much better state than that in which you find it. That’s my main ask of a club owner. I don’t mind him making money as long as it leaves my club in a better place than it was.

In defence of Yusuf, he opted for Hecky and said if it didn’t work out then he’d take responsibility.

A season and a half later, with only one cash signing of any note, we’d missed out in the Play Offs on penalties then gone up automatically.

In the grand scheme of all things Sheffield United that’s a pretty successful stint.

Add to that the following year where relegation will likely occur as expected, the hotel will be up and running, all the real estate is back in the hands of the club and the club has a genuine path to Academy Cat 1.

In the totality of running an organisation that’s not bad going for a Chairman.
I do agree with that in the main. But rightly or wrongly some are going to focus on where it’s gone wrong with the core product, on the pitch.

A bit like mcvities building some nice shiny new factories but the biscuits have gone to shit

WIth some of the previous posts about the United World etc straight away the idea in theory is a good one however in practice the volume of investment is so huge, especially if multiple clubs when you look at where the Prince invested in United World as in the clubs he brought in under the Umbrella are we likely to see a Premier League prospect from India or UAE for example if 99.9% chance of failure, although maybe a wicket keeper in our net might help from India (get him signed) Beerschot & Chateauroux are not bad ideas although it would only ever be for the short term even if we beat off scouts from higher up the French and Belgian leagues that can offer European Football.

Red Bull has been fairly successful however that is a full rebrand of the club so isn't usually popular and the same goes with the "City Football Group" who have a 10 team interest, ironically one of the teams is in India, which is probably where any "talent" would be attracted too.

But back on point more should have been done back in '92 regarding wages although that could have stopped the Premiership being as successful as it has become as a business. With previous posts Rugby League does have across the board Salary caps with "marquee" signings (not included in the cap), that model could work if it was across the board so would have to be rolled out by FIFA.

Regarding Rugby Union and those that know about the model there, England have a cap, France do not. Up to now England have been fairly successful at keeping players as they have a solid rule of you can only play for your national team if you play club rugby in England, especially when you get £25,000+ a match for an England game it sounds great however France have multi-million pound owners. Recently former England Captain Owen Farrell was taking a break from the international game with the actual quote saying he was "prioritising his and his family's mental well-being" 2 months later it was announced he would be leaving in the summer to play in France for French club Racing '92.

Agreed that salaries are too high however to balance that out I think at this stage the only way it is possible is for FIFA to step in and it follow the "marquee" signings model for example you could have up to 3 players that aren't included in your total salary cap of x

I do agree with that in the main. But rightly or wrongly some are going to focus on where it’s gone wrong with the core product, on the pitch.

A bit like mcvities building some nice shiny new factories but the biscuits have gone to shit
Most people expected relegation and that’s what we’re getting.

It is fair to say we would have liked a bit more dignity with it!

But then again, if you decide not to spend money then you take the consequences.

Once, in all likelihood Archer returns to Villa, our net spend will effectively have been Grbic + Trusty + Slimane + Traore. A spend of around £12.5m.

One in each department and at this point none of them really successes!

But regardless of where WE think we should be or be heading as a club, the Prince can point to the fact the 5 years we spent before his arrival we’d been relegated from the Championship and had a number of unsuccessful attempts to get out of League One. In the most recent 5 year period we’ve spent three seasons in the top flight (granted two relegations) and the others missing out on penalties and winning promotion.

Aside from a period under Bassett as sad as it is getting pumped for 5s, 6s and an 8, we’ve never had it so good 🤣

Last edited:

Reading reports saying we may have to pay the Nigerian chancer 10m quid
if he gets convicted of fraud in the USA 2m of which is interest

a ) Are American judgements enforceable here ,
b ) why should we pay interest on money given to us
c ) how is it anyones fault whos been given any amount of money, if hes fraudulently gained millions then given it away surely its up to him to replace it

if they catch the bastards who steal peoples pensions , have spent it in the seychelles who pays that back , the luxury hotels for accepting bent money
and surely that 8m was given to liverpool for brewster so they really got that 8m

Back
Top Bottom