The State of Sheffield United's Finances with Kieran Maguire

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How much do you reckon, say, our fifth highest earner is on a week?
I really don’t know.

I imagine of the contracted players that Archer, Souza, Hamer and Brewster are the top earners on around £50k a week. McBurnie and Anel behind them maybe on £30k to 40k. Then a glut of players between £15k and £25k.

These may be miles wide of the mark though and obviously would have been lower last season in the championship.

I really don’t know.

I imagine of the contracted players that Archer, Souza, Hamer and Brewster are the top earners on around £50k a week. McBurnie and Anel behind them maybe on £30k to 40k. Then a glut of players between £15k and £25k.

These may be miles wide of the mark though and obviously would have been lower last season in the championship.
I can't believe in any universe in which we are paying 4 different lads 2.5m a year at the same time.

I’m not watching that. I’m getting on companies house to get the proper info.

Sheffield United’s accounts for 2022/23 have been published, University of Liverpool football finance lecturer and price of football co-host Kieran Maguire delves into the numbers and what they mean for the clubs future.

VIDEO

Podcast
You can listen anywhere you get podcasts just search 'Sheff United Way' or direct links:

Spotify https://spoti.fi/2Wus1Hi
Apple https://apple.co/3DjI4IJ

Excellent Hal. A great insight into football finances.

Much appreciated.

I can't believe in any universe in which we are paying 4 different lads 2.5m a year at the same time.
Abdullah categorically said that we were paying Berge a lot more than £35k a week and that our cap was much higher so it’s a pure guess based on that.

I might be miles out 🤷🏻‍♂️

That's because they are all crap, even peak didzy would seem a bargain compared to brewster and souza.
what we need , is a new didzy and Leon Clark, do we what we do best ,squeeze the last drops of quality out of experienced players

I think Hanson gave us more than Brewster has

what we need , is a new didzy and Leon Clark, do we what we do best ,squeeze the last drops of quality out of experienced players

I think Hanson gave us more than Brewster has
I think we're going back to that now all the money has gone, let's hope is a Didzy and not a Ian Rush!

I’m not watching that. I’m getting on companies house to get the proper info.
Does companies house show all financial dealings of this organisation that we often call various names, not wanting to sound as if this obfuscation of a club is bent but all the money goes somewhere and it most definitely is not wages.

Does companies house show all financial dealings of this organisation that we often call various names, not wanting to sound as if this obfuscation of a club is bent but all the money goes somewhere and it most definitely is not wages.
Give it up. He's done a poor job as owner, he's not stealing

Although, now you mention it, Bettis and this lad, never in the same room

Imgres-1.jpg

Poor job for the fans, good job for the owner who is so desperate to sell he increases the sale amount.
If his intention is to continue owning a club he can't afford to run then he's doing a great job for himself, I agree. If somebody was genuinely interested and had made a reasonable offer we'd have been sold

Come on then tell us where is it‘s going…

Andy all I see it is he is a clone of McCabe. He just didn’t have the money and when Utd got into the Prem we got screwed by Covid but more importantly we saw this Utd world thing come around.
We got sold by one owner who didn’t get it right to another owner who did exactly the same and didn’t get it right.

So what has be increased it from and what to ? Can you provide details of where you have got this information from ?
As well as selling he wishes to keep a stake even though he bleats on about the stress it causes and the money he is haemorrhaging. We believe him or not and when i’m asked where the money is going it is a pointless question as of course i have no answer. The issue is wether you take a man who is very astute (mccabe takeover) or just likes to throw cash away, my belief is it’s not the latter. His coterie’s on here will say it’s his money and is his decision and they are right but it’s their and my club. The stupid comments that i am a former employee astounds me, just because i am critical of the above approach, i could argue conversely argue that they have connections with the club but the difference is that is a fact where as the former isn’t. I love this club and that marks me out from the owners, not commenting suits others on here but they defend him for his sterling job or get uppity when I don’t.

As well as selling he wishes to keep a stake even though he bleats on about the stress it causes and the money he is haemorrhaging. We believe him or not and when i’m asked where the money is going it is a pointless question as of course i have no answer. The issue is wether you take a man who is very astute (mccabe takeover) or just likes to throw cash away, my belief is it’s not the latter. His coterie’s on here will say it’s his money and is his decision and they are right but it’s their and my club. The stupid comments that i am a former employee astounds me, just because i am critical of the above approach, i could argue conversely argue that they have connections with the club but the difference is that is a fact where as the former isn’t. I love this club and that marks me out from the owners, not commenting suits others on here but they defend him for his sterling job or get uppity when I don’t.

£27m.

Back
Top Bottom