The Pitsmoor pig at it again ......

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

“Err a don’t want to talk about United but, you know what ar fink right? Ar fink if Mr Chansiri went art an spoke to Chris Wilder, yeah? An telled him that he could av proper money, yeah? To spend on players if he signs for Wednesday right? He’d be ovver ‘ere like a shot yeah? “.

Was it somethig like that he said?:D

Thinking as impartiality as I can but I can’t see who makes it to our team.

Keeper - given they won’t even pick their best keeper, Henderson easily.

Fullback. Freeman vs Palmer, a converted midfielder who cops plenty of flack or new young kid. Stevens vs either another unproven kid or the unpopular fox.

Centre half. Basham, Egan, O’Connell vs Lees? Copping flack now. Pudil? A converted fullback and Van Aken? Nothing to see here either. Most of them think their defence is crap.

Midfield. Norwood, quite possibly the best and most lethal passer in the division. Could you argue Bannon has hit more recent heights than Fleck? The latter has certainly won hands down their duels. Not too much else of note they have.

Further forward, on their day, could Forestieri or Reach possibly userp Duffy? Perhaps though as a cog in United’s wheel he is vital.

Up front, nobody they have matches Sharp’s goal getting. Then maybe Forestieri but even with him, he got nowhere near Leon’s output.

I think we’ll stick thanks Piggo.

We all keep hearing they want their version of Wilder but how many of those are there in the Football League? How many who are doing an acceptable job let alone a good job? Is it as many as five? Then they are specifically wanting a Wednesday one, they can keep dreaming. There is a growing call for Mick McCarthy who is proven certainly at Championship level and the fall of Ipswich is adding more credence to his ability, he'll definitely be getting a job somewhere soon.

Thinking as impartiality as I can but I can’t see who makes it to our team.

Keeper - given they won’t even pick their best keeper, Henderson easily.

Fullback. Freeman vs Palmer, a converted midfielder who cops plenty of flack or new young kid. Stevens vs either another unproven kid or the unpopular fox.

Centre half. Basham, Egan, O’Connell vs Lees? Copping flack now. Pudil? A converted fullback and Van Aken? Nothing to see here either. Most of them think their defence is crap.

Midfield. Norwood, quite possibly the best and most lethal passer in the division. Could you argue Bannon has hit more recent heights than Fleck? The latter has certainly won hands down their duels. Not too much else of note they have.

Further forward, on their day, could Forestieri or Reach possibly userp Duffy? Perhaps though as a cog in United’s wheel he is vital.

Up front, nobody they have matches Sharp’s goal getting. Then maybe Forestieri but even with him, he got nowhere near Leon’s output.

I think we’ll stick thanks Piggo.

Another point that is very significant.

Initially, not a single Wednesday player would get in our team
Because Wilder has made it clear, doesn’t matter who you are, play well and you stay in the team.
We’re top of the league so Wilder would rarely make any changes to the starting 11.

So basically we’re talking about which Wednesday players would we have on our subs bench?

I’d take Forest Fairy as an impact sub and possibly Bannan as backup, although to be fair don’t think he’s any better than what we already have. Also would take Joao on trial but Wilder would be give him a right kick up the arse and if he didn’t apply himself he’d not get a game.

Reach is often invisible in games, no really consistency.

Bannan we have other options so maybe as a squad player.

Hooper is very injury prone, good if he could stay fit but likely on a high wage making him a high risk.

Joao again too inconsistent. He is the only one I'd take though as I think if Wilder can get his head straight he would be a great addition as he knows where the net is, has pace and can make his own chances.

Other than that, no-one springs to mind.

So 1 maybe.

The idea we are just some organised, hard working tough side with little flair is shared by many. The recent comments from Paul Parker and Darren Eadie just promote that view. The less knowledge football fans must be absolutely stunned when they play us and see us knocking it about.

Take Darren Eadies comments with a pinch of salt, after Norwich beat villa the other night he was saying there wasn't a better footballing side in the division than Norwich....

Really?!

Not sure how he can say only 3 players would get in their team when they have the 2nd worst back 5 in the league. Only Ipswich have conceded more

And not a single clean sheet in league action this season . They'd kill for our defence .

As Blades Analytics and Beans continued to point out in their podcasts, every piece of analysis you could find showed Wednesday were getting results their performance didn't warrant. One fan on Football Heaven tonight said they'd been unlucky. It's quite the opposite so far.
None of what i am about to say means a single thing come 9th Nov as literally anything goes in a derby BUT...In terms of where SWFC are at the moment, they are completley above where they should be even in this lowly position. All the data points to them being a relegation side.

Highest Shots against
Highest shots on target against
Highest xGA against
Mid table rankings on all same metrics for attacking play.
They are have the 2nd worse share of xG ratio per game (only ipswich worse) and if you look at stuff as nerdy as xG in terms of points were they should be swfc should be in bottom 4.

Again none of this matters whatsoever on derby day but they play Norwich, Us, Derby next up and quite frankly they are in serious trouble.

These type of conversations/ comparisons are fun but in reality difficult to give a proper judgement.

I think that Wednesday (and at least 10 other teams in this league) have more talented individuals than us.
But individual talent is a big red herring and not that relevant and i’ll give some examples.

Ben Woodburn is rated as a real talent and probably better than what we have BUT his talent is irrelevant
Because his style doesn’t currently fit our system. Also his attitude seems to lacking as though he’s not trying.

Paul Scoles was a brillliant midfielder but his position was filled in the England team. So the managers always tried to shoe horn him into the team and play him out of position (on the left wing). So this talented player was pretty rubbish when playing for England.

Lampard and Gerard were linch pins of the midfield at their clubs. Great players so both played in the same England team.
But you can’t have 2 linch pins in the same side, their styles collided and both were often pretty poor.

The importance factor is that team style/ formation/ culture/ attitude tends to be underrated by fans.
And buying individual talents to improve is team is overrated by fans.

In reality virtually no Wednesday players would get in out starting 11. However I really believe that apart from maybe Henderson and Norwood if any of our players went to Wednesday initially they would look very average.

Last edited:
A lot of this seems to come from the opinion, particularly among Wednesday fans, that we have average players plucked from the lower leagues who are only up there because Wilder is getting them to over-achieve. Some of them did come from the lower leagues but have proven themselves to be top Championship performers. Look at our first XI and tell me where the "average lower league players" are:

Henderson - Man Utd, England U21 international
O'Connell - One of the top CBs in the division and future Premier League player
Egan - £4.1m international
Basham - I'll give you that one but he's vital to the way we play
Stevens - International
Freeman - International
Norwood - £2.5m international and one of the best players in the division in his role
Fleck - One of the best players in the division in his role
Duffy - One of the best players in the division in his role, probably the best attacking midfielder I've seen at the Lane
McGoldrick - Played almost his entire career at decent Championship clubs
Sharp - Soon to be highest scorer this millennium

You really think Hooper isn't fit ,and Lee and Westwood ,and Hutchinson and the other player with triggers in their contracts ?

I've said it before but Westwood's situation isn't anything to do with money, it's purely down to Luhukay thinking he isn't good enough. I don't know about the others but Hutchinson has always been a crock

I've said it before but Westwood's situation isn't anything to do with money, it's purely down to Luhukay thinking he isn't good enough. I don't know about the others but Hutchinson has always been a crock
And how do you know that ? If it was true then sparks is more stupid than we thought, every pig I know and on the radio says the present goalie is shit ,and yet he has an experienced Irish international earning 20-30 k a week sat at home doing nowt ??
They haven't kept a clean sheet this season btw ,another point , all these massive earners with long term injuries (12 months for a groin strain in some cases) ,not one of their injuries stem from an actual game where they had to leave the pitch. Now if that doesn't spark conspiracy theories then what will ?

And how do you know that ? If it was true then sparks is more stupid than we thought, every pig I know and on the radio says the present goalie is shit ,and yet he has an experienced Irish international earning 20-30 k a week sat at home doing nowt ??
They haven't kept a clean sheet this season btw ,another point , all these massive earners with long term injuries (12 months for a groin strain in some cases) ,not one of their injuries stem from an actual game where they had to leave the pitch. Now if that doesn't spark conspiracy theories then what will ?

I know a couple of the Wednesday backroom staff, they've both said that it's nothing to do with money and Luhukay just doesn't rate Westwood. I suppose they could just be 'towing the party line' but I'd trust them to be telling the truth.

“Err a don’t want to talk about United but, you know what ar fink right? Ar fink if Mr Chansiri went art an spoke to Chris Wilder, yeah? An telled him that he could av proper money, yeah? To spend on players if he signs for Wednesday right? He’d be ovver ‘ere like a shot yeah? “.

Was it somethig like that he said?:D

Dat you Mark ?

I know a couple of the Wednesday backroom staff, they've both said that it's nothing to do with money and Luhukay just doesn't rate Westwood. I suppose they could just be 'towing the party line' but I'd trust them to be telling the truth.

Since this is the fourth or fifth time I've seen this phrase misspelled on here , I thought I'd put the record straight and point out that it's ' toeing ( not towing ) the line ', as in at the start of a race or , in parliamentary terms , not crossing the lines on the floor of the House of Commons .

Be good chaps and get it right in future , eh ? :)

Since this is the fourth or fifth time I've seen this phrase misspelled on here , I thought I'd put the record straight and point out that it's ' toeing ( not towing ) the line ', as in at the start of a race or , in parliamentary terms , not crossing the lines on the floor of the House of Commons .

My apologies, I won't do it again ;)

(I actually knew it should've been toeing but was replying quickly on my phone and just overlooked it)

Another point that is very significant.

Initially, not a single Wednesday player would get in our team
Because Wilder has made it clear, doesn’t matter who you are, play well and you stay in the team.
We’re top of the league so Wilder would rarely make any changes to the starting 11.

So basically we’re talking about which Wednesday players would we have on our subs bench?

I’d take Forest Fairy as an impact sub and possibly Bannan as backup, although to be fair don’t think he’s any better than what we already have. Also would take Joao on trial but Wilder would be give him a right kick up the arse and if he didn’t apply himself he’d not get a game.
I hope that S6 is the nearest Forest Fairy ever gets to the Lane.

Well if we’re doing these, it’s ‘shoo in’ not ‘shoe in’.

It’s like saying you’d have a fully fit James Wallace it’s never going in a month of Sundays.

Or a rather a Gary Hooper playing while on appearance money/an automatic renewal contract is never going to happen in a month of Sundays.

Well if we’re doing these, it’s ‘shoo in’ not ‘shoe in’.

Bloody hell, that's ambitious. I'd be amazed if we can get there / their / they're sorted on here.

On Radio Sheff stating that if you put Blades against them all fit players that no more than 3 or outside of 4 of our players would get in their side .....
Thickness doesnt describe that moron - doesnt understand that its about the TEAM and in any case although I dont really look at their players I would say that it would be more like we would only want a max of 3 of theirs ! .....Perhaps Bannan and Joao and errrrrr MAYBE Forestefairy if he changed his attitude

I heard his call and to be fair you're focusing on the one thing he said that was rubbish but he does regularly compliment United and give us credit.

As for the combined team (taking my red and white spectacles off)

1 Henderson
2 Freeman
3 Reach - No one can tell me he wouldn't be a decent addition with the attacking threat he gives Wednesday
4 Egan
5 O'Connell
6 Basham
7 Norwood
8 Fleck
9 Sharp
10 Joao - if playing well and Wilder would get the best our of him
11 Forestieri - if fit and on form he's an upgrade on Duffy. Its his personality that's the issue though and Wilder wouldn't have the tantrums.

Essentially its our team but with Reach at LWB, Forestieri at the hole and Joao instead of McGoldrick or Leon.

With the quality that Wednesday have they should be doing better but their manager is average at best. Overall even allowing for the fact we've got Wilder, I think our squad is better than theirs by some distance, minus the above exceptions.

... but Hutchinson has always been a crock

And a dirty cunt.

Or a rather a Gary Hooper playing while on appearance money/an automatic renewal contract is never going to happen in a month of Sundays.

Would that be the Hooper who was stalling on signing for the pigs unless they threw in a private box? I can imagine CW's reaction. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom