The Pitsmoor pig at it again ......

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

the fact that we have seen 4 more doubles , irrelevant
the fact theyve only see one double in 100 years irrelevant
the fact theyve not finished above us when together in the championship since 1958 , meaningless to them

Keep telling you son, never in my lifetime. ;)

One wrote yesterday 'bless them they have been above us for a season and half"

Or to put it another way, 12 seasons out of the last 18

Well I watch both sides, so I'll give my opinion.
I'd have Westwood, Lees, Bannan, Hutchinson, and the forwards.
Maybe you're surprised at the inclusion of Hutchinson, but he's the only bona fide PL player in that lot. If the Blades got 15 games a season out of him, it would be worth it.
As for the forwards, Wednesday were comprehensively outplayed in the first derby, yet still scored two goals.
That's precisely what Tufty was searching for in the summer.
He's getting much more out of this group of players than you'd expect, which is why he needs backing in January.
Before the PL chairmen start pulling the trigger in February.

One wrote yesterday 'bless them they have been above us for a season and half"

Or to put it another way, 12 seasons out of the last 18

Just like their loyalty points system, history is renewed every 2 years

Foristieri doesn't seem like the most effective player does he ?
I don't know his stats but even on games played his assists and goals scored must be pretty low

Like a Poundland neymar he just seems obsessed with trying to win cheap free kicks

True. I'd still take him if he was on a free, which I know he isn't. One thing we lack is a player who creates from nothing and is able to finish from outside the box. In the tight games where teams stick all their players behind the ball, someone like Forestieri would be invaluable. I'd prefer Jota to be honest though!

Duffy is quality and Fleck also can create from deep positions but he's not going to get more than 3/4 goals a season and isn't the player to play in the hole anyway. We need someone in January to give Duffy a rest and obviously provide competition. I know that won't be Forestieri but someone of his skill would be great. Forestieri off the pitch seems to want to be the highest paid player and he'd never fit in under Wilder if he has that attitude.

Maybe you're surprised at the inclusion of Hutchinson, but he's the only bona fide PL player in that lot. If the Blades got 15 games a season out of him, it would be worth it.
As for the forwards, Wednesday were comprehensively outplayed in the first derby, yet still scored two goals.
He's getting much more out of this group of players than you'd expect, which is why he needs backing in January.
I hope he doesn't play well against us next week ,not because of the stick from piglets but to avoid the 2355666633 threads about him in January

I hope he doesn't play well against us next week ,not because of the stick from piglets but to avoid the 2355666633 threads about him in January
I’ll put this out there. I don’t think Westwood now is as good as Henderson now. The 3 on 1 save vs Norwich for one reason alone. That kid will play Champions League.

To the above though, which formation are you playing? if United’s, Lees wouldn’t get forward like Basham or O’Connell. Are you suggesting he’d play in lieu of Egan?

Who would Bannan and Huchinson play instead of? Norwood is better than both especially at ball playing. And Bannon only just got out of Fleck’s pocket this summer.

Maybe one forward would be up for grabs. Given Sharp is 2nd top scorer there would be no forwards - plural - available.

I’d say Forestieri either alongside Billy or just behind. If just behind then maybe Wilder could do something with Joao. You might toss a coin Fleck and Bannon with Bannon’s form a month ago and perhaps Lees and Egan but not Lees’ form this season.

Who the hell are you dropping for Hutchinson AND Bannon?. Our midfield is our greatest weapon and possibly the best in the entire Championship yet you're taking two of them out!

Who the hell are you dropping for Hutchinson AND Bannon?. Our midfield is our greatest weapon and possibly the best in the entire Championship yet you're taking two of them out!

I thought we were talking about the squad as a whole, not a given team on a particular match day.

If Hutchinson had been fit when United went to 'Boro, for example, I'd have played him.

How any of that crock of shit could get in a top two team is beyond me some people are bonkers.

I think they have some quality players tbf. Bannon, Reach, Forestieri, Lee, Hooper, Joao. But they each come with baggage. Injuries, egos, inconsistencies. They don’t have 11 players pulling in one direction. Uniteds success is that the sum is greater than the parts.

Good job some of those wasters played today, it kept it down to 4-0 although Norwich helped with the penalty miss.

How any of that crock of shit could get in a top two team is beyond me some people are bonkers.

Wednesday have an inexperienced keeper whose confidence is shot, basically because he's got a defence in front of him who's trying to play like the Azzurri, and can't. And picking the ball out of the net 12 times in 4 games doesn't help.
The defence, as if they weren't in enough trouble already, have a keeper behind them in which they have no confidence.
Being infectious, it doesn't take long for lack of confidence to infect the entire team, and like as not the squad.
The solution? Bring back Westwood and stick Hutchinson in front of him.
Will Jos do that? No, because he's stubborn and has burned his bridges.
When I said to my brother-in-law in the stand today that Wednesday should bring back Hutchinson for the derby, he agreed.
Better a 4-0 defeat for you lot than an 8-niller.
It was ill-received by Owls around us.

Wednesday have an inexperienced keeper whose confidence is shot, basically because he's got a defence in front of him who's trying to play like the Azzurri, and can't. And picking the ball out of the net 12 times in 4 games doesn't help.
The defence, as if they weren't in enough trouble already, have a keeper behind them in which they have no confidence.
Being infectious, it doesn't take long for lack of confidence to infect the entire team, and like as not the squad.
The solution? Bring back Westwood and stick Hutchinson in front of him.
Will Jos do that? No, because he's stubborn and has burned his bridges.
When I said to my brother-in-law in the stand today that Wednesday should bring back Hutchinson for the derby, he agreed.
Better a 4-0 defeat for you lot than an 8-niller.
It was ill-received by Owls around us.

Sorry, got me confused with someone who gives a fuck.

There's every chance they soon will though. If there was 23,425 at the sty yesterday, I'll stand fucking shooting.
Whenever you see their goals ( against) highlights on sky it looks like a behind close doors game

Looks so depressing

I’ll put this out there. I don’t think Westwood now is as good as Henderson now. The 3 on 1 save vs Norwich for one reason alone. That kid will play Champions League.

To the above though, which formation are you playing? if United’s, Lees wouldn’t get forward like Basham or O’Connell. Are you suggesting he’d play in lieu of Egan?

Who would Bannan and Huchinson play instead of? Norwood is better than both especially at ball playing. And Bannon only just got out of Fleck’s pocket this summer.

Maybe one forward would be up for grabs. Given Sharp is 2nd top scorer there would be no forwards - plural - available.

I’d say Forestieri either alongside Billy or just behind. If just behind then maybe Wilder could do something with Joao. You might toss a coin Fleck and Bannon with Bannon’s form a month ago and perhaps Lees and Egan but not Lees’ form this season.
Just found this on Lees. I wouldn’t think you could find anyone who’d describe Basham, Egan or O’Connell as being woeful all season, a disgrace or lost.

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/277695-tom-lees/

Back
Top Bottom