The Kean Bryan thread

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sad news for him personally there. Good luck to him and his family.

Football-wise he can go. The occasions I have seen him he's been absolutely gash. And I include reserve/U23 games in that.

I'm indifferent to whether he stays or goes. On balance I think I'd prefer him to choose to go so that we can use his wages saved in another incoming player. He would probably be steady enough for us next season back in the championship but he always seems about to drop a major bollock when I've seen him play. Not the worst option to have but i think we can do better. I'd have probably binned him on a free and not offered him a new contract.

I honestly hope he goes, he's nowhere near Premiership / top end championship level. I presume the reason he's tempted to leave is our renewal offer is pretty poor in comparison to what he could get elsewhere.

Jack Robinson is a far better cover for JOC and I don't rate him too highly

I have that slight feeling that he could push on to be a decent player but I wouldn't be too happy if we started the season with him in the line up. Feels like one where if it's going to happen for him it's probably not going to be here. He's been here a long time and had enough chances and he's varied between nowhere near good enough and better than we thought but still not good enough. Time to move on.

I have that slight feeling that he could push on to be a decent player but I wouldn't be too happy if we started the season with him in the line up. Feels like one where if it's going to happen for him it's probably not going to be here. He's been here a long time and had enough chances and he's varied between nowhere near good enough and better than we thought but still not good enough. Time to move on.

A fair assessment. Have to wait till the manager assesses what he has though. Sometimes an incoming manager can give an existing player a new lease of life.

A fair assessment. Have to wait till the manager assesses what he has though. Sometimes an incoming manager can give an existing player a new lease of life.
Yeah, Wilder obviously saw something in him, and we know his injury troubles have meant we probably haven't seen the best of him, so if Jokanovic thinks he's worth keeping then fair enough.

Boro are interested in him for some reason 🤷‍♂️

Marvin Johnson has left so they're probably after cheap younger leftback replacement who can put a ball in and can play at CB too, though he's a far better leftback imo.

I think he was worth keeping as a leftback, but if he doesn't want to sign the contract promptly when offered he can coco, need everyone raring to go, and with the players we have who would probably be in front of him in his positions, it's a shame but I'm not gutted.

GLTTL

Didnt exist for us until last season, thought he had quite a few decent games when he did play, in a tough league, whilst we wasnt playing our best.

Having said that, if its true that he just didnt respond to our offer its very disrespectful, very least he could have said is thanks for the offer but he's moving on. Ive no time for rudeness, if this story is true then im glad he's moved on.

What are we going to call our League cup team now?

RIP in peace Kean Bryan All-stars Neva 4get

One of them okayish players that a bang average team would utilise. Not an awful player and some decent qualities but a JOC replacement he most definitely ain’t

Surprised he’s turned down our contract but if he’s got something better lined up then I wish him well

I am not exactly gutted because any player who doesn't sign a contract for us sharpish is IMO disrespecting the club, but I don't think he is half as bad as some on here profess. Had some bad luck with injuries but with a good run I think he would have been fine for us this season, a very decent crosser of the ball & has some athleticism, if he is realistic in what he thinks he is he should have an okay career from here on in.

I’d give my all, doesn’t mean I can play football. Probably wouldn’t score against Man U and think I was better than I was though.
I don’t know what suggests he’s better than what he is?
He’s at a crossroads in his career and it’s a tough decision for him

One of them okayish players that a bang average team would utilise. Not an awful player and some decent qualities but a JOC replacement he most definitely ain’t

Surprised he’s turned down our contract but if he’s got something better lined up then I wish him well

We’ll be lucky to get a JOC replacement ever again. Not the best comparison really.

I am not exactly gutted because any player who doesn't sign a contract for us sharpish is IMO disrespecting the club, but I don't think he is half as bad as some on here profess. Had some bad luck with injuries but with a good run I think he would have been fine for us this season, a very decent crosser of the ball & has some athleticism, if he is realistic in what he thinks he is he should have an okay career from here on in.
His basic defending was suspect, not getting back to at least in line with the ball so that attackers were behind us and rushing out on occasion leaving gaps. But he had a great cross and if he could have picked up the basics he really would have been the futue at left centre half. Sad to see him go (if he does) but better options are currently available. As regards signing contracts, was he offered one whilst we were in the Prem first year? If not then he may think we don't think much of him and decided to run out his current deal. That's his perogative but perhaps we should have had more foresight and signed him up earlier. The fact that we had a fully functioning JOC with Robinson as back up probably meant he wasn't a priority.

Should have gone before we got promoted. Don’t wish him any miss fortune just hope wherever he lands he’s on a contract which isn’t as good as the one with withdrew

Back
Top Bottom