The Kean Bryan thread

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

JPBrods

Reaction score
I haven't seen much discussion here about Kean Bryan and his performance (unsurprising given everyone is instead in a frenzy about the complete state of our finishing).

So what did we think Blades fans? Is he an option at LCB?

He was better than Robinson has been and put in our best crosses from the left this season (not that there's any competition for that). I'd be fine with him at wingback, less happy with him on the left of the back three and never in a million years would I trust him in a back 4. But considering how awful I was expecting him to be, he was pleasantly mediocre.

He made a huge mistake that cost us a goal, but then whoever has played left centre back has done the same in every single game this season so it's not a big deal. He actually did okay I thought

He was better than Robinson has been and put in our best crosses from the left this season (not that there's any competition for that). I'd be fine with him at wingback, less happy with him on the left of the back three and never in a million years would I trust him in a back 4. But considering how awful I was expecting him to be, he was pleasantly mediocre.
And the award for the S24SU backhanded compliment of the year goes to...

Put one really good cross in. Apart from that he looked like he hasn't played for months. Which, to be fair, he hasn't.
In truth he wasn't as hopeless as I expected, particularly 2nd half.

He's very very average but a lot better than Lowe

About as good as 3rd/4th choice lcb as we could have.

He struggled first half and made a mistake which led to the corner which led to their goal.

The sad fact is our reluctance to change formation is dictating that players like Bryan, Lowe and Robinson are getting game time... They wouldn't get anywhere near any of the other premier league teams and would most likely be subs at the majority of championship teams

We are being ripped to bits down the left hand side every game

Unless we do switch to a back 4 he should probably keep his place really.

The sad fact is our reluctance to change formation is dictating that players like Bryan, Lowe and Robinson are getting game time... They wouldn't get anywhere near any of the other premier league teams and would most likely be subs at the majority of championship teams

I’m inclined to agree.

I think there’s been some case for persevering with the formula that been so successful us. But after Saturday, I think that argument is lost.

We should try new formations from here. I’m sure we will.

Thought he was very suspect defensively but proved with that cross that he's a better LCB in our system than Robinson

Made a few errors, looked rusty (which is to be expected after so long in the reserves) but I prefered him to Robinson. A great ball to Burke at one point.

Vardy is going to absolutely dry bum us down that left hand side at the weekend.

That overlapping for the Burke cross was brilliant, and we did look more dangerous with him in the team. Against weaker teams we can afford him. No chance against Leicester next game though

He's more athletic than Robinson, which doesn't take much I know, but if Robinson misjudged that ball to grant he wouldn't have been able to recover to block. We're reduced to comparing kean Bryan with Jack Robinson to start in the Premier league 😭

He's more athletic than Robinson, which doesn't take much I know, but if Robinson misjudged that ball to grant he wouldn't have been able to recover to block. We're reduced to comparing kean Bryan with Jack Robinson to start in the Premier league 😭
And Lowe is worse than both of them 😭

He was caught out defensively first half, but then it's his prem league and his first league game for us. Looked good on the ball in general, that great cross. Perhaps a bit small for the role, lacking strength. Given the other options, I have no problem seeing him start again in this formation.

First game .nervous.cant judge him on one game .but we cant afford mistakes at this moment in time.

Well it comes to something when the best thing we can say about somebody who was mediocre was 'they put a great cross in', what does that get you in a Blades team these days 7 out of 10? The reality was it was a great head by Burke which made it look something, if he can do that regularly he's making a solid claim as a starter up front. Back to Bryan any decent side would've ripped us up down that side.

He did alright for his premier league debut having not played a competitive game for quite a long time. Harsh to single him out for their goal, he recovered well from his initial mistake. (Berge should have cleared the corner, their player should have been picked up on the edge of the box and ramsdale should have reacted quicker).

Alot of people on here decided Bryan had a poor game before the game kicked off 🙄

It was but he's on about the conceding of the corner which led to it
Doesn't mean he's right though. The whole defence was 10 yards too high given where the ball was. Bryan's error was trying to cut out the ball in the air; had he not jumped for it he'd have been able to put pressure on the first touch and that would probably have resulted in a turnover.

If we're apportioning blame for the West Brom goal it's about 70% Berge, 10% Fleck (or whoever should have been picking up Gallagher) and 5% each to Ramsdale and Bryan. The other 10% is the random factor which plays a part in a goal like that.

FFS Bryan conceded a corner, not a goal.

If under usual circumstances a player made an error resulting in a corner, which led to a preventable goal, no-one would even remember who conceded the corner and we'd all the talking about who was at fault for the goal. It's only cos he was making his debut as an extremely controversial selection that everyone remembers it was him that conceded the corner, which is really unfair.

Otherwise, for me, he was nowhere near as bad as i thought he'd be. In fact if you put it all in context he did pretty well. Unfortunately they don't take context into account when they dish out 3, 1 or 0 points at the end of a match.

Back
Top Bottom