The BDTBL Podcast

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

MJM

Reaction score
Ey up S2!

Now, I can appreciate that the interweb is absolutely bursting at the seams with Blades related content at the minute. Everyone creating content is doing an amazing job so big shout out to Bladespod, Sheff United Way, Tufty Club, Four Blades and Red Half of Sheffield and all the others!

I always fancied giving a podcast a go, and when I got made redundant earlier on in the year, I decided to have a crack. It wasn't long before I started to lose interest though as talking into a microphone for between 45 minutes to an hour every time with no one to bounce off was getting really monotonous.

Anyway, at the start of the new season, TJB. asked me how I was getting on with it. I explained the situation and he said he wouldn't mind having a bash too.

Anyway, here we are. We've done 3 episodes together so far and our latest one has just gone live where we look back at our October fixtures and the run up to the International break.

It might not be everyone's cup of tea, and I'm sure you all have your favourites, but if you fancy giving us a listen, I'll pop the Soundcloud and Spotify links in the post.

Thanks very much!

https://soundcloud.com/bdtblpod

Great. The more the merrier. Can you upload to the apple podcast thing so I can listen on there? That’s where I listen to all my pods. Think you might get a much bigger uptake if you do that.
Never thought about Apple Podcasts tbf. Mainly because I'm an Android wanker 🤣 I'll have a look at that!

Great idea.

Best of luck with it. I shall give it a listen.

Reactions: MJM
Yep, a very fun little pet project of ours (well, his...I just joined to further my broadcasting career).

Poor sod has to listen to my dreadful voice on repeat during editing. I haven't listened back to any of them yet because I can't bear to hear my recorded voice. I'm told they're not bad, though 😂

It's very fucking late, lads and lasses!

Just finished editing our latest episode where we take a quick dip into the waters of a sacked manager and an inevitable replacement.

As per Berlin Blade request, we are now also available on Apple Podcasts as well as the usual mediums.

If you fancy listening to our thoughts on Serbia out and Wombwell in, we'd really appreciate it! Links below 👇

Ta very much!

About to listen to my first episode of your podcast, excited for a new content creator. Will report back soon!

Just listening to one while working from home and enjoying it, keep up the good work.

Enjoyed that, well done fellas.

Really like the fact it’s not overly long. Keep it punchy - I avoid podcasts over an hour as it just becomes a bit of a drone/ monologue after a while. Try not to fall into the trap that longer is perceived as more. KUTGW.

Good luck with the pod

Do think we are reaching a saturation point with podcasts and online content though.

There are only so many free hours in a day to listen to eevery one though and generally, the same feelings and comments tend to emanate from each.

Like I say, good luck, but you're in an already busy market unless you have an ultimate selling point

pommpey

Good luck with the pod

Do think we are reaching a saturation point with podcasts and online content though.

There are only so many free hours in a day to listen to eevery one though and generally, the same feelings and comments tend to emanate from each.

Like I say, good luck, but you're in an already busy market unless you have an ultimate selling point

pommpey
Fully aware, pommpy. I alluded to this in my OP.

Ey up, S2!

It's been a hot second since our last one due to events beyond our control, but Tom and I are back to discuss what what little football we played in December and a somewhat indifferent January as we finish off by rounding up the ins and outs at The Lane after the end of the January Transfer Window.

Please bear with us whilst we try to remember what happened in December (and in my case, even some of January!)

Thanks again for the streams so far!

https://open.spotify.com/show/4uvlomhlTKiRvpJ88SvhXi
https://podcasts.apple.com/.../bdtbl-podcast/id1597524851

Ey up S2!

Now, I can appreciate that the interweb is absolutely bursting at the seams with Blades related content at the minute. Everyone creating content is doing an amazing job so big shout out to Bladespod, Sheff United Way, Tufty Club, Four Blades and Red Half of Sheffield and all the others!

I always fancied giving a podcast a go, and when I got made redundant earlier on in the year, I decided to have a crack. It wasn't long before I started to lose interest though as talking into a microphone for between 45 minutes to an hour every time with no one to bounce off was getting really monotonous.

Anyway, at the start of the new season, TJB. asked me how I was getting on with it. I explained the situation and he said he wouldn't mind having a bash too.

Anyway, here we are. We've done 3 episodes together so far and our latest one has just gone live where we look back at our October fixtures and the run up to the International break.

It might not be everyone's cup of tea, and I'm sure you all have your favourites, but if you fancy giving us a listen, I'll pop the Soundcloud and Spotify links in the post.

Thanks very much!

Best of luck with it. I take my hat off to anyone who takes the time to create content and I will definitely give it a listen. Cheers.

Ey up S2!

Our new pod discussing our rather successful February is now live.

You can find it using the link below which should (hopefully) direct you to your preferred podcast streaming service.

Once again, thank you ever-so much for the streams so far. It's really very much appreciated!

Good afternoon, S2!

Have a good day out if you're on your way to Stoke...and if you fancy a little Blades fix before the match, our latest episode is now live. Myself and TJB. take a look back at our March results before discussing the run-in towards the end of the season.

You can find us by following the link below to your preferred streaming service:

As always, thanks a bunch for all the streams! Really appreciate the support!

Happy match day, S2!

Myself and TJB. are back for the new season and in true BDTBL fashion, as unprepared as ever.

Join us for a chat about our business in the transfer window so far before we have a look at some pre-season predictions.

Thanks as always!

Happy match day, S2!

Myself and TJB. are back for the new season and in true BDTBL fashion, as unprepared as ever.

Join us for a chat about our business in the transfer window so far before we have a look at some pre-season predictions.

Thanks as always!

Going to start listening to this across the season. Just so many great pods around that I've not found the time so far but it's now on my list

Last show listed on Apple is 6th March any plans to upload on there again ?

Last show listed on Apple is 6th March any plans to upload on there again ?
Should all be there Woody. I've just done a check.

Just clink on the link above and go to Apple Podcasts.

This link should work too:

Should all be there Woody. I've just done a check.

Just clink on the link above and go to Apple Podcasts.

This link should work too:

Yes i,ve got it now , will listen to it later today , thank you 👍

Ey up S2!

We made it to the end of the month with a very healthy points total and not for results today, would still be top of the tree.

Our next episode is now live where you can join myself and TJB. for a look back at our results in August and some instrumental stand-out performers before we have a glimpse into September's fixtures, the big giant Norwegian shaped transfer rumours and some fish zoo talk...apparently. Link is below if you fancy checking us out.

https://linktr.ee/BDTBLPod

Thank you as ever for the streams so far!

I honestly don't get it. Why would two random blokes want to put out to the world their chat about the Blades? And, why would anybody want to listen to two random blokes chatting about the Blades (or anything else for that matter). No offence meant whatsoever, but, well I just don't get it. Perhaps it's cos I'm an old fucker, I don't know. I mean, I've just been out with the lads talking bollocks about the Blades and life in general for about 5 hours. It's a personal thing amongst mates, why would anybody else be remotely interested?

I honestly don't get it. Why would two random blokes want to put out to the world their chat about the Blades? And, why would anybody want to listen to two random blokes chatting about the Blades (or anything else for that matter). No offence meant whatsoever, but, well I just don't get it. Perhaps it's cos I'm an old fucker, I don't know. I mean, I've just been out with the lads talking bollocks about the Blades and life in general for about 5 hours. It's a personal thing amongst mates, why would anybody else be remotely interested?

Totally fine to feel that way fella, and no offence taken.

Personally, I really don't give a fuck whether people listen to us or not. If we get three listeners, fine. If we get 100 listeners, fine again.

For me, it's just fun to sit down with my best friend and rehash the games we've seen together and put our thoughts onto tape. It also gives me a chance to think a bit more deeply about the games I've seen. Sometimes we're prepared and we give a decent run-down of what happened. Sometimes we're not and it's a load of scrambled nonsense. I'm happy either way.

You never know, though. Summet you've said amongst your bunch of mates might actually be interesting to other Blades. Maybe take a tape recorder out with you next time you're in the pub...? 😁

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I listen to a lot of the Blades podcasts. There’s a few reasons.

First, I’d say it’s a bit of a disservice to call podcasts like Bladespod random blokes chatting about the Blades. They’re way more insightful and stat-backed than any other source you’ll find about Blades.

Second, especially when we win, it’s a nice way to relive it. After a good win, I’ll try and watch and listen to everything. I’ll even watch vlogs made by teenagers who support the opposition! As it happens, I’ve just really enjoyed listening to a Reading podcast about the United match. When we lose, I’m less keen, but I’ll still listen to a few to see if their options matched my own, and often because they’re more optimistic and balanced than I am after a loss (my first reaction is usually “sack ______” “get rid of ______”.

Finally, I live very very far from the Lane, so I don’t have many opportunities to have a pint and chat with mates about the Blades. You’re lucky you are able to go out with the lads and chat United - don’t take it for granted! Podcasts fill that gap a little for me.

Haven’t listened to BDTBL pod, yet, but I will, and I’d probably give your “5-hour chat with the lads talking bollocks about the Blades and life in general” a stab, too!

Cheers

UTB

It’s a match report/monthly summary in oral format. If you read news, magazines, books etc. it’s just another medium of delivering this kind of material. I’d hazard a guess that you’ve listened to Radio Sheffield or 5 live or Talksport at some point, it’s the same but it’s recorded and you can listen whenever you want.

Personally I enjoy some of the Blades related podcasts but not all. It’s down to personal preference though.

Totally fine to feel that way fella, and no offence taken.

Personally, I really don't give a fuck whether people listen to us or not. If we get three listeners, fine. If we get 100 listeners, fine again.

For me, it's just fun to sit down with my best friend and rehash the games we've seen together and put our thoughts onto tape. It also gives me a chance to think a bit more deeply about the games I've seen. Sometimes we're prepared and we give a decent run-down of what happened. Sometimes we're not and it's a load of scrambled nonsense. I'm happy either way.

You never know, though. Summet you've said amongst your bunch of mates might actually be interesting to other Blades. Maybe take a tape recorder out with you next time you're in the pub...? 😁
Top post mate👍

Live and let live, I say. Haha what me and my mates discuss probably wouldn't be appreciated in the modern world. We are from the generation where the prematch routine involved a few beers watching the strippers in the Hoffenbrau! Post match was all meeting back up Sunday dinner discussing what the fuck happened to each of us during the night. Some of us had a smile on our faces (you know what I mean 😜) others had a black eye........ good times , and a not a phone or mic in sight.... haha, most of us didn't even have a house phone😆

Back
Top Bottom