That Donny Striker...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

keenzy

Reaction score
Scored again... Got 5 now for them.
Worth a look at???

Nah, he's shit, lazy, doesn't look interested, cost too much, always getting caught offside, pulling outwide or coming deep instead of being in the box.

We are talking about Ched aren't we?

That Blades striker, scored two in his last appearance, got 7 for them now....

Worth a look?

This is actually quite funny, we would be laughing our arses off if it for them from across the City.

Thankfully Trevor Birch is no fool we just have to hope he really is in charge of managers and transfers.

Thankfully Trevor Birch is no fool

Sir Clevor Trevor would have insisted on two things before accepting the position with the Blades.

1. A big fat pay check
2. A free hand to hand out P45's and negotiate new appointments.

Sir Clevor Trevor would have insisted on two things before accepting the position with the Blades.

1. A big fat pay check
Starting with Mr Kevin Blackwell me is thinking.

perhaps he's already done his homework (prays)

McCabe said it's taken 6 months to negotiate, or sort out, his contract etc so you'd imagine his agenda will already be set and he'll hit the ground running.

Beighton...despite you giving the impression that you are shagging Birch you have absolutely no idea what he's come in on and what his terms of reference are. He may have been desperate for a job and nothing else was in the offing for all you know.

I'll wait to see what he does before passing judgement. Personally I'd have been more impressed if his six figure salry had been spent on a player rather than another layer of management but maybe you think we are good enough on the pitch?

Beighton is shagging Birch and Birch is doing the dirty on him with Blackwell. Judging by his comments he will not be sacking/recommending we sack Blackwell any time soon.

Beighton is shagging Birch and Birch is doing the dirty on him with Blackwell. Judging by his comments he will not be sacking/recommending we sack Blackwell any time soon.

Backing the current manager is hardly a stupid way to go. I'm sure he will make his own mind up.
Does anyone know what Birch's appointment and sacking record is?

Is Birch still here??:D:gallop:

1. A big fat pay check

Okay i'll bite; why are you so convinced that Trevor Birch is the savior?

He may not be good enough but he appears to be back to his goal every other game (5 in 10 for Donny) that he has maintained all his career except for BDTBL.

He is also doing it despite being at a level that it was thought he couldn't "cut it" at. Interesting to see how long he can keep it up in the division and if this means we end up getting a decent fee for him.

Interesting to see how long he can keep it up in the division

That's the key, aye. Yes he's netting one in two, but ten games is hardly a fair sample size. He started that season brightly for us when he notched a hat-trick. He had a good early season strike rate then, but how many more did he get?

I wanted him to do well for us but he had plenty of chances and never took them. Game over.

>ten games is hardly a fair sample size
heh.. the excuses.. the excuses..
he's not good enough for this level.. he's at the same level
he's only playing for donny.. they play the same teams as us
this lad has been scoring zillions of goals since the playground of junior school.. he was a legend at age nine..

keep banging them in billy .. makes me chuckle every time you score

He started that season brightly for us when he notched a hat-trick. He had a good early season strike rate then, but how many more did he get?

He got the hat trick against QPR early in the 2008/2009 season after playing plenty of games the season before and only getting four League goals.

Isn't he on loan at Donny anyway? If we shift numpty Blackwell on and get a manger in who could get us playing football then it must be an option for him to come back. He's a Blade and i'm sure (providing we have a different boss) he'd love to come back and have a second bite of the cherry.

Isn't he on loan at Donny anyway? If we shift numpty Blackwell on and get a manger in who could get us playing football then it must be an option for him to come back. He's a Blade and i'm sure (providing we have a different boss) he'd love to come back and have a second bite of the cherry.

I believe season long loans - both parties have to agree to the termination of the contract. Unless obviously a clause was inserted.

Mr Ryan wants to do "everything he can" to take Billy to Donny in the summer.

The first stumbling block is that he's firmly outside their wage structure :)

So Billy Sharp is the answer to our problems. Warnock didn't rate him, Robson didn't want him (turry signed this one) and Blackwell doesn't rate him.

Yep, he must be the answer then. Everything I have seen from him at the Lane tells me he doesn't have a clue how to beat an offside trap, doesn't have the pace to get beyond the last man and struggles as soon as the pressure is on him (i.e his hometown club). Offload him for as much as we can get for him.

I'd agree that Billy isn't the answer to our problems he doesn't have the pace and while he may score goals in this league we should to be looking at players that can do it at a higher level.
I still like him though, and wished to God he just had a couple more yards of pace.

Back
Top Bottom