Gone Elsewhere Teemu Pukki

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would take pukki every day of the week pretty sure he was carrying injuries most of the second half of the season

If we can get him cheapish around 5 million he’s much better than someone Like Burke

11 goals in 36 appearances for the 6th worst PL team of all time, best striker we can realistically get at present. Buy him or loan him for a year and he will do fine.

Not the player he was and I don’t think he can cut it in the Prem. We have got to be looking for better quality than this.

Would be a decent option off the bench but wouldn't want to pay much for him. I'd sooner sign a younger striker.

Would be a decent option off the bench but wouldn't want to pay much for him. I'd sooner sign a younger striker.

I'd sooner sign him to play off a young striker like McBurnie who is going to come on leaps and bounds this season.

Scored nearly double our top scorer in a team that finished rock bottom in the prem last season
The goal output from our strikers last season was terrible so not too difficult to beat. Saw Pukki a few times last season and he was poor.

I’m still holding on to the hope that we will bring in a quality striker.

I'd take him but TBH Buendia/Cantwell served him chance after chance and he fluffed most of them from November onwards.
What is he not gonna have players setting him up in our team ? He was playing injured for the majority of the second half of the season

If we could get him fit he would be our best striker but i reckon Norwich would want £10Mill and we aint spending that on a 30 year old

What is he not gonna have players setting him up in our team ? He was playing injured for the majority of the second half of the season

If we could get him fit he would be our best striker but i reckon Norwich would want £10Mill and we aint spending that on a 30 year old

Who knows? The best info in the game has us attending Arsenal with with fans in the stadium according to sky.

Wilder is air tight on transfers.

11 goals in 36 appearances for the 6th worst PL team of all time, best striker we can realistically get at present. Buy him or loan him for a year and he will do fine.

Whilst that looks promising at 1st glance he got 6 of those 11 in the 1st 3 games of the season which means he got 5 in the last 35 or a strike rate of 1 goal in 7.

I've said earlier in the thread I'd be happy with him at the right price but I'm really not sure anyone should be thinking he'll be the next messiah.

I'm not sure he suits out style. It's rare we thread balls in behind for a striker to run onto off the shoulder. I also can't imagine Pukki running channels, putting himself about & holding the ball up. It's a no from me.

My mate who supports Norwich said he's not been the same since an injury. Maybe he's over that now, and if we wanted him I think it would be a good signing for £10m or less, not so sure Norwich would sell at that though. If we can get two to three years out of him. He can finish well as we all know.

He is a slightly younger billy sharp, we have billy we need a different type as:——

does not create his own chances
No pace

it’s a no from me especially at his age

Those stupid Norwich fans couldn't understand why they finished bottom - it was entirely down to their pathetic defence - hence Pukki never really got going as the midfield were too busy helping the shit defence out, so he had minimum service.

The question is whether our midfield can give him the ammunition. For me he is very much like Duffy - finds spaces that other players just don't see.

Worth a gamble at the right price.

UTB
Defence constantly putting themselves under unforced pressure, suicidal.

Reminds me of a lad I play Sunday League with. Looks more truck driver than professional footballer. Doesn't have any pace. Doesn't contribute much beyond his line of engagement. Gets a sulk on when he's not scoring...But boy can the b*stard finish!!

If he's under 10m, then I might be okay with this. I still think he's the wrong kind of profile for us (ageing) but we don't create too many chances and his general conversion rate suggests he would be lethal (xG was epic in Championship and pretty much as expected in Premier League).

Doesn't really fit the 'athletic, powerful' profile that we are meant to be targeting. We do need more pace on the pitch, and he doesn't have any. I think Sharp still fulfils the type role that Pukki would occupy.

TBF I think £10m would be very good value, as we'd get 3 seasons from him (his game is based on intelligence rather than pace). He is a gifted finisher as we saw in great depth when they won the Championship.

Yes his confidence dipped last season, but Norwich imploded around him.

I hope C.Robinson proves me wrong if he stays, but I'd rather have Pukki as an option, than C.Robinson. I'd favour younger pacey options in and ideal world, but we can have both.

I've no doubt Pukki would find the net in our side.

As an alternative, I've mentioned this already, Pukki's teammate for Finland Joel Pohjanpalo could be a good bet. Younger at 25 and no doubt much cheaper and with more pace than Pukki. Not wanted by Bayer Leverkusen also, wouldn't cost the earth, maybe a loan to buy would be ideal.

Having watched all of a very bland Finland vs Wales, I can comfortably say that Chabuddy G favourite Kieffer Moore gave Pukki a lesson in leading the line this evening. Barely troubled the Welsh back line. It feels like a while since I saw Pukki play well tbh.

As an alternative, I've mentioned this already, Pukki's teammate for Finland Joel Pohjanpalo could be a good bet. Younger at 25 and no doubt much cheaper and with more pace than Pukki. Not wanted by Bayer Leverkusen also, wouldn't cost the earth, maybe a loan to buy would be ideal.
Sounds a good call, but it wouldn't piss Norwhich off, so I'm still undecided.

Back
Top Bottom