Gone Elsewhere Teemu Pukki

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BiggerBladeThanThou

Reaction score
IF Norwich go down.

IF we stay up.

....then I reckon Pukki could be an excellent addition to our squad.

?

My initial reaction was no but having thought about it some more, I think he may actually be a good fit. His finishing ability is not in doubt, he is able to and seems happy to lead the line and his attitude appears to be spot on.

Norwich obviously won't sell in Jan but if they do indeed go down and they are realistic with their asking price, I think he'd improve the squad. His age isn't too much of a concern to me. With Mousset, McBurnie and Robinson all young, I think there'd be room for a more experienced player up front.

He was fantastic at running the channels and gave us a torrid time in the first half. I'd definitely take him.

My initial reaction was no but having thought about it some more, I think he may actually be a good fit. His finishing ability is not in doubt, he is able to and seems happy to lead the line and his attitude appears to be spot on.

Norwich obviously won't sell in Jan but if they do indeed go down and they are realistic with their asking price, I think he'd improve the squad. His age isn't too much of a concern to me. With Mousset, McBurnie and Robinson all young, I think there'd be room for a more experienced player up front.

Norwich wouldn't sell him on the cheap as they haven't spent much of their Premier League money and should they go down they've got parachute payments. He's a 20+ goal a season Championship striker, why would they sell him for less than £20m?

Norwich wouldn't sell him on the cheap as they haven't spent much of their Premier League money and should they go down they've got parachute payments. He's a 20+ goal a season Championship striker, why would they sell him for less than £20m?

I understand your point and agree to an extent. However, there are a number of other factors that would influence how much Norwich would realise if he was sold e.g. contract status, demand from potential buying clubs and of course whether the player agitates for a move.

Being honest, it appears the player is settled in Norwich and I very much doubt his place in the Finish squad would be impacted should he be playing in the Champ rather than the Prem. However, if he stays at Norwich, there is a fair chance, considering his age, that he won't get another opportunity to play in the Prem.

That all said, I don't think spending a large sum on a player aged 30+ fits with Utd's strategy and he'd be more likely to end up elsewhere should he indeed move.

Listening to talk sport this morning one of the guys was moaning that yes he is brilliant at running the channels but never presents himself to be used as a out ball by holding it up and take the pressure off defence

100% I'd take him, he works his absolute bollocks off in every game ive seen him and is a constant nuisance. Even if he's not your first or second choice he's definitely better than Robinson and probably McBurnie.

Godfrey and Zimmermann for me.
I’ve always been impressed with Stiepermann whenever I’ve seen him but admittedly that’s not every week. Not sure if injured but he seems to be benched at the moment

I’ve always been impressed with Stiepermann whenever I’ve seen him but admittedly that’s not every week. Not sure if injured but he seems to be benched at the moment

Me too. He's just benched I think, not injured. Would be a good utility player for us for that left/centre area.

Buendia is a very good player too but wouldn't really fit with us.

I'm not sure whether Pukki is the answer but we definitely need an out-and-out goalscorer in the January window if we are to push on. Leave it till the summer and the price will shoot up, plus they won't have time to fit in - I would be surprised and disappointed if we don't sign a new CF this January.

I'm not sure whether Pukki is the answer but we definitely need an out-and-out goalscorer in the January window if we are to push on. Leave it till the summer and the price will shoot up, plus they won't have time to fit in - I would be surprised and disappointed if we don't sign a new CF this January.

I'm sure Utd will try but you have to ask how many targets would be available in Jan? The market is usually limited to those who are out of contract in the summer and whose clubs are looking to cash in, players whose clubs are pretty much confirmed to mid table obscurity and won't be involved in promotion or relegation or whose clubs are in financial distress. There may also be loans for players that can't get into their teams or who are returning from injury.

I must admit I can't think of m/any players that fall into any of those categories and that would appeal to Utd and suspect they'll keep their powder dry until summer when they'll have a real go for Watkins (I'm dreading the return of the swarm of bees already). Let's hope Paul Mitchell can unveil another gem

West Ham are perfect. Big money, a system he can’t thrive in, critical fans, managerial changes... Poor old Pukki is next year’s top scorer in their U23s.
Stay at West Ham for a season and a half then go to the pigs on a three year contract. Put weight back on.

Listening to talk sport this morning one of the guys was moaning that yes he is brilliant at running the channels but never presents himself to be used as a out ball by holding it up and take the pressure off defence

He actually did a lot of that in the second half last Sunday when they were getting desperate and I think it was to the detriment of their overall threat. He has a pretty clear role in that team, and he did a great job of it in the first half and looked a real threat.

Absolutely no chance. He'll be 30. have scored 15-20 goals in the Premier League and will go to a much bigger team. Feels like an Everton signing. We could probably afford him. We won't offer him enough in terms of wages.

IF Norwich go down.

IF we stay up.

....then I reckon Pukki could be an excellent addition to our squad.

?
I saw a little clay model of him at the local garden centre today, with a coned hat and a fishing rod in his hand. I wish I’d bought it now.!

Agree with this. Wrong age being the main reason for me.

I think we need someone who is stronger than Pukki too.
Good in the champ yes. Good start in the prem yes, but all a bit too flash in the pan for me. Wilder will go for someone none of us would have guessed at, he always does

Back
Top Bottom