Gone Elsewhere Teemu Pukki

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Having watched all of a very bland Finland vs Wales, I can comfortably say that Chabuddy G favourite Kieffer Moore gave Pukki a lesson in leading the line this evening. Barely troubled the Welsh back line. It feels like a while since I saw Pukki play well tbh.
Just how much service you saw Pukki receiving? Right. Most of the people here feel that our achilles' heel is that not enough chances are created for the forwards. If that'd be all of it, no one in their right mind would suggest enquiring after Pukki. But the false comparison, I feel, being made here, saying that Billy and Pukki are all the same - well, it's just that. A false comparison. Yes, both are mainly finishers only, but whereas Billy keeps on banging them in from crosses - and usually with his head - Pukki runs the channels and finishes with his feet. So the service these said players mentioned need to score goals is bound to be different, too.

He's a pure finisher, no doubt about that, but he's very similar to sharp in that he's totally ineffective without quality service, which we badly lacked post-lockdown.
Not sure the (lies, damn lies ) statistics make a compelling case for that -
Netted 9 in 10 on resumption ; 30 in 28 pre (can't be arsed to 'do the math')
Particularly if c/ f with goals conceded:
<14 in 10 : >25 in 28

Having watched all of a very bland Finland vs Wales, I can comfortably say that Chabuddy G favourite Kieffer Moore gave Pukki a lesson in leading the line this evening. Barely troubled the Welsh back line. It feels like a while since I saw Pukki play well tbh.

I know we've never been linked with Joel Pohjanpalo and probably never will be Loughboro! But, since you watched the game, how did he look?

He's a pure finisher, no doubt about that, but he's very similar to sharp in that he's totally ineffective without quality service, which we badly lacked post-lockdown.
Sharp missed some right sitters after lockdown

Sharp missed some right sitters after lockdown
Billy scored 3 goals from 16 shots last season (a goal every 5.3 shots)
Pukki scored 11 from 80 (a goal every 7.27 shots)

Not saying they were the same calibre of shots, maybe Pukki's chances were more difficult.
I think we need 1 of these type of players on the bench, neither should be starting for us in the premier league.

Bringing Pukki in is, for me, a waste of a wage, when he's likely to give you pretty much the same end product as Billy.
We need creativity, not poachers.

I know we've never been linked with Joel Pohjanpalo and probably never will be Loughboro! But, since you watched the game, how did he look?

To be honest, no idea. Watching via S4C I struggled to differentiate between words that were the Finish players, and the Welsh commentary. I don’t feel any Finish players stood out particularly – I didn’t think Wales played well, but still controlled large parts of the game. Finland missed one sitter but barely threatened otherwise.

To be honest, no idea. Watching via S4C I struggled to differentiate between words that were the Finish players, and the Welsh commentary. I don’t feel any Finish players stood out particularly – I didn’t think Wales played well, but still controlled large parts of the game. Finland missed one sitter but barely threatened otherwise.

Bet the Welsh commentary was fun, unless you speak Welsh, of course! Thanks for feedback, I heard about the bad miss though - from one of their defenders I think.

Pukki is 4 years younger, though

So what... makes no difference for the next season or 2. If ever, Sharp isn't losing pace as never had it, same with Pukki. 6 yard poachers aren't really a thing in the current Prem, especially as starters. You could argue there's only really Aguero in the entire league but he plays in a slightly different side... and can score different kinds of goals too.

We don't create loads of chances. One of the worst performing teams in the league on chance creation, just above the bottom 3 I think

What planet are people on when they dont rate pukki or don’t think he would improve us

Pukki on form and fully fit would be our best striker

He scored nearly double our top scorer in the worst team in the league last season

He was one of the best strikers in the championship in a long long time and almost single handedly got Norwich Up

He also almost single handedly got Finland to there first every international tournament Euro 2020

Scoring more goals than Lewandoski, Lukaku , Hazard and giroud

Everybody saying he’s not good enough who would you sign who realistically we could afford 58F4863C-0EA1-46B2-9A42-408C3AC8276E.png

He played every minute of every game pretty much stood on the penalty spot and scored half his goals by the end of August...

He can't press, can't hold the ball up, can't go in behind, can't link play. He's a box striker and there's a reason a Norwich team playing with one couldn't get out of their own penalty box most of the season.

He played every minute of every game pretty much stood on the penalty spot and scored half his goals by the end of August...

He can't press, can't hold the ball up, can't go in behind, can't link play. He's a box striker and there's a reason a Norwich team playing with one couldn't get out of their own penalty box most of the season.

You have zero clue and must have never watched him

Is that why he scored more goals than lewandoski in Euro 2020 qualifying in that well known chance creating team Finland

What planet are people on when they dont rate pukki or don’t think he would improve us

Pukki on form and fully fit would be our best striker

He scored nearly double our top scorer in the worst team in the league last season

He was one of the best strikers in the championship in a long long time and almost single handedly got Norwich Up

He also almost single handedly got Finland to there first every international tournament Euro 2020

Scoring more goals than Lewandoski, Lukaku , Hazard and giroud

Everybody saying he’s not good enough who would you sign who realistically we could afford View attachment 90530
He's not scored for anyone since January 22nd, 16 games ago.
One of those 10 Euros goals came against Italy. The others were Greece (2), Liechtenstein (3), Armenia (2) and Bosnia (2).
He's the solution to a problem we don't have.

He's not scored for anyone since January 22nd, 16 games ago.
One of those 10 Euros goals came against Italy. The others were Greece (2), Liechtenstein (3), Armenia (2) and Bosnia (2).
He's the solution to a problem we don't have.

He’s had a foot/toe injury for the majority of the end of the season

So they don’t count then ?

You have zero clue and must have never watched him

Is that why he scored more goals than lewandoski in Euro 2020 qualifying in that well known chance creating team Finland

What are you on about?? I've seen him 4 times live in the last 2 years... I'm not saying he's a bad player, he's a good finisher but we don't need him. Can you show where he runs in behind, links play, holds ball up etc...

Can you advise of the clubs fighting to sign this player for a few million quid that you've compared with arguably the best striker on the planet right now?

The Finland goals you mention came v likes of Greece, Liechtenstein and Armenia...

So what... makes no difference for the next season or 2. If ever, Sharp isn't losing pace as never had it, same with Pukki. 6 yard poachers aren't really a thing in the current Prem, especially as starters. You could argue there's only really Aguero in the entire league but he plays in a slightly different side... and can score different kinds of goals too.

I was merely responding to someone saying there was no difference between, not making a judgment as to who is better.

4 years is actually quite a big difference at their grand old ages ;)

He’s had a foot/toe injury for the majority of the end of the season

So they don’t count then ?
So you're advising us to sign a player with a persistent injury that would prevent him scoring goals (that's the reason you're saying he hasn't scored in his last 16 games).

Why isn't every other premier league club banging down Delia's door with bags of money to sign one of the best strikers in Europe (in your opinion)?

He's a player who had a purple patch in a very good Norwich team that were in the championship (we were good, they were just better).
He also had a top class creative midfielder supplying him in Buendia.
Our strikers generally have to live on scraps at the moment, I don't feel he'd be any better at that than what we currently have (that's my opinion).

Can we just please stop talking about Pukki. This is desperate if fans want us to consider a 32+ year old that once had a good season int championship a few years ago. Ffs sake this is route one mentality backwards, youth, athleticism and Wilder tactics Is what is needed to become a long stayer in this league which is much stronger than last season with transitioning teams now transitioned.

Can we just please stop talking about Pukki. This is desperate if fans want us to consider a 32+ year old that once had a good season int championship a few years ago. Ffs sake this is route one mentality backwards, youth, athleticism and Wilder tactics Is what is needed to become a long stayer in this league which is much stronger than last season with transitioning teams now transitioned.

It doesn’t necessarily have to be youth, we need someone who can settle in and make an impact straight away, but if we’re going for someone older, you’d want them to be proven over more than one season and at this level, rather than the one below. I’ve nothing against going for an experienced, proven forward, even if it’s his last season or two, but if we’re going for that it should be a higher calibre of player than Pukki.

Pukki knows how to handle the pressure in the Prem,as old as he maybe he is always cool as a cucumber when scoring chances come his way.

Hes 30

Back
Top Bottom