Team for tomorrow

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

OK so what changes will be made to the team tomorrow to the one which battered Gillingham last week?
Baxter and JCR fit yet?
New loan signing on the bench?

from the article in the Star Paddy McCarthy will start - so it will be interesting to see who drops out - Collins or HM. Don't think Baxter is fit.

from the article in the Star Paddy McCarthy will start - so it will be interesting to see who drops out - Collins or HM. Don't think Baxter is fit.
No you're right, Baxter isn't ready yet by the sounds of it, JCR could be on the bench

I'm hoping NC goes for an attacking side like last week!
Chesterfield will offer a bit more of an attacking threat themselves, so a new player in the back line could be an issue when NC and HM seem to do well together now.

Why drop Doyle for the ineffective Basham after last weeks MOM performance?
Good point. Despite all his detractors, myself included, the team have generally been much better since Doyle returned to the starting line up!

Why drop Doyle for the ineffective Basham after last weeks MOM performance?

Fair point Torrix. I was mainly basing this on the fact that until his missus gave birth, Basham was pretty much a shoe in. With Wallace clearly Cloughs first choice, it would not surprise me if both started. Nice to have some competition there though

Fair point Torrix. I was mainly basing this on the fact that until his missus gave birth, Basham was pretty much a shoe in. With Wallace clearly Cloughs first choice, it would not surprise me if both started. Nice to have some competition there though

I think that Basham's issues have stemmed from the observation that his shoes appear to have been placed the wrong way round. He can run but his shooting and passing is somewhat off the mark - it's the only explanation I can come up with.

Doyle has been playing really well of late, again, and should be in the team

McHoward

McAlcock
McEveley
McCarthy
McGahey

Doyle
Wallace (good Scottish name)

Murphy
McDavies
Scougall

McNulty

Subs: Higdon, Flynn, McJCR, McTurner, Collins, Diego (no room for any foreigners in this squad!), McBasham

That should do it :D

No Higdon, Diego on the bench for York, Baxter and JCR back?

Baxter and JCR to start for me.
Hopefully Wallace is fit to partner Doyle...McNulty up top.

I'm guessing McCarthy will partner Collins again though I'd like to see McGahey playing.

I agree on Baxter and JCR starting, and I would like to see Davies start. McNulty up front, Wallace in the middle with Doyle.

Davies has done no wrong but it dos'ent work with JCR as well in the side and he has to start.

I have leave out Mceveley and put Harris in he gives another attacking option Mceveley is just steady.
Regarding the left back situation apologies to Sitwell before he mentions it as I said the complete opposite a month ago on here and he had a little dig.

McHoward

McAlcock
McEveley
McCarthy
Collins

Doyle
Wallace

Murphy
McDavies
Baxter
Scougall

Subs: McNulty, Flynn, McJCR, McTurner, McHarris, McGahey, McBasham

Davies has done no wrong but it dos'ent work with JCR as well in the side and he has to start.

I have leave out Mceveley and put Harris in he gives another attacking option Mceveley is just steady.
Regarding the left back situation apologies to Sitwell before he mentions it as I said the complete opposite a month ago on here and he had a little dig.
Can always play Davies in CM. Not sure who you'd drop but I feel we have to get Davies, JCR and Baxter in some how.

Can always play Davies in CM. Not sure who you'd drop but I feel we have to get Davies, JCR and Baxter in some how.

I think you would drop Scougall on current form. Keep him as a good option from the bench.
At home, I would play:-

..................Howard.........................
Alcock, Collins, McCarthy, Harris
JCR........Davies....Wallace....Murphy
..............McNulty..Baxter..................

Subs:- Turner, McCeveley, Doyle, Reed, Scougall, Flynn, Porter

I think you would drop Scougall on current form. Keep him as a good option from the bench.
At home, I would play:-

..................Howard.........................
Alcock, Collins, McCarthy, Harris
JCR........Davies....Wallace....Murphy
..............McNulty..Baxter..................

Subs:- Turner, McCeveley, Doyle, Reed, Scougall, Flynn, Porter

Cheeky bugger, in between writing this and posting you've gone and put Scoogs on the sub's bench....make note to self, must send replies quicker!

----------------------------------Howard-----------------------------------------
Alcock-----------Collins-----------------McCarthy-----------------Harris
Campbell Ryce--------------Doyle----------------------------------Murphy
---------------------------------Scoughall------------------------------------------
----------------------Mcnulty---------------Baxter--------------------------------

Subs: Turner, McEverley, Wallace, Reed, Flynn, Davies, Porter

I would go for a 4-3-1-2 formation...lets try sumat different!

Howard

Alcock
McCarthy
McGahey
Harris

Davies
Doyle
Wallace
Murphy

Scougall

McNulty

Subs Turner, McEveley, Basham, JCR, Baxter, Reed, Flynn

Collins and Porter to miss out

4-1-4-1 3-0 to the Blades

Howard
Alcock McCarthy McGahey Harris
Davies
JCR Wallace Murphy
Baxter
McNulty

Playing a sort of diamond but a 4-1-3-1-1 instead

Should Scougal be dropped, is Higdon back, will Ched make the bench? ;)

Back
Top Bottom