Takeover

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Birmingham are getting takeover but look who is. A guy who declared bankruptacy twice
Go on then Adam. Why would being bankrupt twice rule anybody out of buying a football club?

Does it mean they have no money? No.

Does it mean they don't have the ability to raise the money? No

Would they automatically fail the fit and proper test? No.

I'm intrigued. And to be clear I've been bankrupt so I know a little about this schizzle.

Go on then Adam. Why would being bankrupt twice rule anybody out of buying a football club?

I'm intrigued. And to be clear I've been bankrupt so I know a little about this schizzle.

At the time of that post it was Bassini who wanted to takeover and who is a complete nutcase.

Does it mean they're probably shit with money?

Ok. It sounded mildly rhetorical. Apologies.

No, bankruptcy doesn't automatically mean you're bad with money. I wasn't, I'm still not. I was a victim of circumstances, which the majority of bankruptcy applicants are. Applying for bankruptcy twice doesn't make you any worse with money. And in the UK at least, you still go through the same process so any "dodgy shenanigans" 2nd time round should be picked up on before the order is granted.

No, bankruptcy doesn't automatically mean you're bad with money. I wasn't, I'm still not. I was a victim of circumstances, which the majority of bankruptcy applicants are. Applying for bankruptcy twice doesn't make you any worse with money. And in the UK at least, you still go through the same process so any "dodgy shenanigans" 2nd time round should be picked up on before the order is granted.

I was just going to say that. Also, a lot of the most successful entrepreneurs have at least gone bust once. Peter Jones I think went under twice? Still a very successful businessman.

And here was I after noticing this thread had been bumped, that perhaps Elon Musk had made a surprise bid for us.
We'll at least the photo of Daniella was a bit of a bonus I suppose.

never said it did?

So what's the relevance of stating he's been bankrupt twice? Other than an assumption that he's therefore not fit and proper?

If it was for another reason I'd be interested in hearing it.

Correct and with companies having to cope with higher interest rates higher energy costs higher commodities prices and covid also the public in general watching the pennies there could well be a lot more going bust through no fault of their own .

Back
Top Bottom