Takeover

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The obvious question is what is the source?
You do not have to name names, but an idea of where it came from, I.e. mate in the pub, over heard in the kop toilets at half time or something more legit.
if It is an American consortium, let us hope it is not one that will leverage investment in the way that the guys who McCabe had lined up and eventually took over Burnley?

There's always going to be rumours of the Prince selling the crown jewel in United World....it will finance the rest of the teams put together for some time.

One thing that may mean something, may mean absolutely nothing is that we were supposed to be announcing Errea as the new kit supplier for us and United World on 4th April but nothing has been forthcoming....could be a slight clue....all commercial deals would naturally be put on hold if something was imminent.....

TBF if you were a billionaire wanting to chuck a load of money at football... We must be fairly attractive? Flirting with prem, nice stadium, good attendances, pretty cheap overall. Not to mention birthplace of football etc.

But it'll never happen! Thought Prince was our rich owner when he turned up!

If it did happen we should not allow a war-crime/human rights infringing type. Shoes off in car park x1000.

I notice the OP has not been back too put some meat on the bones in regards to his post. I think its a post and sit back with the popcorn and see how many replys it gets.
Probably had a side bet that his post gets more replies than Bearlie's sold post.

You do not have to name names, but an idea of where it came from, I.e. mate in the pub, over heard in the kop toilets at half time or something more legit.
if It is an American consortium, let us hope it is not one that will leverage investment in the way that the guys who McCabe had lined up and eventually took over Burnley?
I'm not entirely sure why folk don't include a source at all. Quiffy did that time...

But posting up "my mate is an accountant who deals with Company XYZ in America..." wouldn't hinder a sale. I'm sure the CEO of Company XYZ isn't sat reading these forums hoping no info is dropped. Elon Musk bought 9% of twitter on the sly, so I wouldn't be too worried about us being bought being wide open.

For what it's worth I like the Prince. There are many faults to him, of course there are, and I don't think he has the resources or acumen to push us that little bit further. But we posted a profit in the latest accounts which is always going to make a business more attractive.

I'd be interested to see if this rumour has legs, but that's all it is for now unless the OP can elaborate a bit more.

Source at the club i speak with in the exec boxes. The same source at the club who let me know Wilder was leaving, and broke the Uremovic transfer a few weeks in advance. Apparently the sale is a done deal and everything is going through in the next 2 weeks. I'd have thought with the club being in a vital part of the season, they'd wait until the end of the season, but apparently not

Appreciate your response, have you any ideas if the consortium have money or will be looking to lever finance?
Have they been interested in other clubs ?
just v wary of being sold to the “wrong” people
I haven’t a clue, and i had similar concerns. It was mentioned as a passing comment when discussing Chelsea’s potential takeover. They aren’t the kind to be involved in higher level meetings, but it sounds like there is common knowledge of this happening imminently around the club

Source at the club i speak with in the exec boxes. The same source at the club who let me know Wilder was leaving, and broke the Uremovic transfer a few weeks in advance. Apparently the sale is a done deal and everything is going through in the next 2 weeks. I'd have thought with the club being in a vital part of the season, they'd wait until the end of the season, but apparently not
Thanks for at least putting some meat on it mate. I think I’ll keep my powder dry on this and what it might mean until we see it happen and have an idea of who is buying us if so. (Clearly not the 49ers though because they’re buying Leeds 🤣 )

Thanks for at least putting some meat on it mate. I think I’ll keep my powder dry on this and what it might mean until we see it happen and have an idea of who is buying us if so. (Clearly not the 49ers though because they’re buying Leeds 🤣 )
my mind went to that exact place too. I thought with the Prince’s 49ers link, maybe he’d seek them as buyers, didnt realise they are buying leeds!

It’s both nervy and exciting, if it’s true, and they are billionaires, we could be seeing the start of a golden era

But we all know it’d be the Blades way to get in some blood-sucking vampires though 😂

Not going to believe it until Sunjihi says so but American owners don't tend to chuck money at anything. Look at Swansea and even Arsenal and Liverpool.
i don't really believe it myself tbh but this source has been bang on with everything so i thought why not pass it on to S2. I'm not ITK at all, and at the moment it feels unbelievable that we are going to have new owners in May 2022, so let's just see

i don't really believe it myself tbh but this source has been bang on with everything so i thought why not pass it on to S2. I'm not ITK at all, and at the moment it feels unbelievable that we are going to have new owners in May 2022, so let's just see
It’s an intriguing possibility the Americans are certainly coming for English football the big American sports groups do seem to have decided its a solid investment opportunity and they aren’t in it to lose money.

There’s two ways it’s being approached it seems there’s those ownership groups who like Liverpool and Barnsley have come in and are attempting to take their analytical based approach to US sports and apply it to football to varying degrees of success and those who are viewing it as an investment opportunity get in steady the ship and try and get out a few years later for a profit see Swansea and Burnley I’m not sure how successful that approach will be as football is incredibly volatile and you can soon lose everything.

my mind went to that exact place too. I thought with the Prince’s 49ers link, maybe he’d seek them as buyers, didnt realise they are buying leeds!

It’s both nervy and exciting, if it’s true, and they are billionaires, we could be seeing the start of a golden era

But we all know it’d be the Blades way to get in some blood-sucking vampires though

As expected as soon as the Newcastle takeover was done suddenly the prince has become less and less involved with the club. Now we are in the process of potentially being sold.

But we all know it’d be the Blades way to get in some blood-sucking vampires though 😂

Think his 49ers links are that he usually picks them for his fantasy football team.

American owners tend to be dreadful owners, in that they want to actually make a return on their investment.

I thought we dodged a bullet with ALK at the time & still do now.

We need owners who are willing to invest in the infrastructure, build a new training ground, get the academy up to Cat 1 status, build a new Kop and improve the facilities around the ground.
Invest in the football team and have a long-term strategy built on solid recruitment to play a certain way.
Americans don't understand football and rarely do any of the above.

But posting up "my mate is an accountant who deals with Company XYZ in America..." wouldn't hinder a sale. I'm sure the CEO of Company XYZ isn't sat reading these forums hoping no info is dropped. Elon Musk bought 9% of twitter on the sly, so I wouldn't be too worried about us being bought being wide open

Whilst I agree with your general sentiment, posts on here have effected commercial deals in the past.

Back
Top Bottom