2022/2023 Match Thread Swansea City v. Sheffield United - 13th September 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SWA
SWA
SWA

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1662975404711.png vs. 1662975410962.png

Championship Week 10 - Tuesday 13th September 2022 - 19:45 - Swansea.com Stadium
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/swansea-city-vs-sheffield-united.614/

Officials:

Referee: Darren Bond
Assistant Referee: Philip Dermott
Assistant Referee: Samuel Ogles
Fourth Official: Tim Robinson

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1662975530620.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Screenshot 2022-09-12 at 10.39.30.png

0-0 was a fair result or a score draw. Ecstatic with the win. That will get the team absolutely buzzing for Saturday

Fucking hell what did we just do??!!

Incredible 😂😂

Was thinking with a few minutes left how we never knick shithouse wins on nights like this!

Khadra and Brewster both up for it since the second they came on, but too much really, over excited over energetic, giving the ball away, Khadra at times a bit headless chicken and Brewster looking like he might get himself sent off. Then THAT at the end well done lads!!!!!

My only stream I could find was what I assume was Swanseas own TV, never spoke about the Blades all night. Obviously I expect them to be biased towards Swansea but fuck me at least acknowledge there's another 11 men out there.

They were reyt chuffed at the final whistle :)
Watched it too. Crying foul for the goal due to Brewster being faster and stronger than Naughton

Bit of a scrappy game in wet conditions. A draw was probably a fair result but Piroe had two excellent chances for Swansea. Pretty equal first half when they had the best chance. They were a little bit better in the second as well. We looked sloppy at times and leggy. But hey ho we'll take the 3 points.

Foderingham - 5 - Came out and got nowhere near a cross first half. Terrible kick against Egan in the second which we were lucky to get away with
RND - 7.5 - Our MOM. Looked to get forward and we looked dangerous down the left. He stuck with their man as well and put in a good performance. Looked like he might have picked up an injury but soldiered on.
Anel - 5 - Thought he looked uncomfortable again on the left. Looks awkward. No real option at the moment but thought Bash looked better there.
Egan - 6 - Made a couple of important blocks but looked a bit off. We were pulled about a bit too much at the back. Lack of communication at times as well.
Basham - 5.5 - I thought he was poor first half. slow and liable to drop a bollock. Better when he moved to the left but we need a left footer there
Baldock - 6 - Apart from an early cross to McBurnie, looked a bit poor going forward. Did a decent job defensively and covered his CB well a couple of times.
Doyle - 5 - Thought he was poor. Kept being pulled across so we looked lop-sided. Not really getting a foot in defensively.
Norwood - 6 - Loses a point for that terrible late giveaway. Thought he was poor going forward, putting in looping balls which favoured them. Thought he did a lot better defensively and was our best midfielder. Put his foot in a few times.
Berge - 5 - Looked half-asleep first half. I say this most weeks but he's not determined or committed enough. He was better second half but he allows his man far too much time to turn and pick a pass.
Ndiaye - 5.5 - Nothing really worked for him. Put in his customary shift in but nothing really worked going forward. The ball bounced off him too much
McBurnie 5.5 - As it did McBurnie. He looked back to his poor form. Looked weak on the ball and challenge without commitment. Think he was too eager to do well. Got better and more clever second half but a dip from his recent high standards

Subs

Brewster - 6.5 - Was the difference in the end. Had a good diving header and added energy upfront. It was his desire to win the header then the ball which created the goal
McAtee - 5 - He's neat and tidy but I really can't see him playing that CM position. He's so lightweight and poor defensively. I'm really piuzzled by his signing.
Khadra - 5 - As I am by Khadra. Yes, great cross for the Brewster chance and finish for the goal but everything else was terrible. He seems devoid of any confidence on the ball and seems to not know what to do with it. Like his brain and body are on different wavelengths.

Hecky - 6 - He's down to the bare bones and I think we'd all (apart from Fallowfield) have picked that team. Subs helped us in the end but not sure if that was more luck than judgement.

Swansea - Russell had them really well organised. They neutralised our limp display and created enough to score. They'll be annoyed they didn't get at least a point out of it. I was quite impressed with some of their passing but they did look a bit hopeful in attack. They defender really well until the end though.

If anything, I thought their lad fouled Brewster there rather than the other way around.

Either way, get in!

They said on the commentary on Talksport radio that it looked like it possibly could have been a foul
but they also said Brewster was very strong where as Naughton was busy looking at Brewster instead of watching the ball.

They said Swansea will feel gutted because a draw would have been a fair result.

Shocked
Nicking a winner in last minute of injury time. When was last time that happened?

GTFI

It happened against us loads of time last season....especially at Bramall Lane.
Feels wonderful for us to gain an unlikely extra 2 points right at the end instead...pleased for those diehard away fans there tonight.

Last edited:
These times that go either way normally don’t go our way. Fantastic for it work for us for once. I thought RND was a 9. Attacking is better crossing is better closing down immense. What a display.

Chuffed for Brewster , only a few minutes prior he was manhandled right in front of the dumb lino who gave nothing ... In fact looking back over the game , they got away with a lot of niggly but effective fouling on all our players - justice in that result
That was it for me, the sheep shaggers can’t ask for a foul because the one not given on Brewster a few mins before was 10x more of a foul. Shit referee but he got the goal right.

We probably deserved that
Where do they get these referees from ???
I’m all for letting the game flow, and not giving soft free kicks, but McBurnie got mugged tonight on many occasions
He seems to be the new Crouch
Big Gangly and always penalised
I wouldn’t have moaned about a draw
But I think we deserved that
UTB
4 points clear

Back
Top Bottom