Summer signings 2024

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ShorehamRevolution

Reaction score
In my opinion the majority of the fan base are in agreement that nearly everyone goes. Let’s presume that’s true. Give me a realistic starting 11.

One of the reasons Wilder left last time was because he squandered money on poor signings and the Prince had it out with him over this. Roll on to his second tenure and Wilder signs Grbic and Holgate in January. 'Nuff said really.q

This clubs needs a new recruitment team with new scouts and a director of football. Coming to think of it, it also needs a new owner, a new manager, a new squad, a new long term strategy, a new identity and massive steps to reunite with very pissed off and let down fans.

So not a whole lot really. 😂

We don't need a new manager, that's the first bit. We're crap, end of by PL standards. But back in the Championship with Arblaster, Brooks, Osula, Robbo, Trusty, yes Trusty, Hamer, we have some quality Champ players. Hopefully the better players out if contract stays like Baldock, 4/5 decent signings, two probably decent loans and we'll be better than most in the Champ.

So there's brighter times ahead very soon. Just have to get this season over with asap. Obviously it ends when it ends but you get the drift!

Don’t hold your breath …. We will have very little money to spend. It will be those left on existing contracts, youngsters and loans.
Parachute payments, Archer money, hopefully some money for Anel/ Hamer or whoever is sellable will hopefully be used to reconstruct a team.

Do we have anyone with an eye for a good player? Cos I can't remember the last time we were good at signing players. We got lucky a few times, with Anel last season, with Ndiaye and with Che Adams, but other than that, we've basically had as many lucky punts as anyone would have, all whilst wasting hundreds of millions of pounds on absolute dog shit. Wilder is responsible for most of the waste.

Honestly, some of you really need to make up to the mess we are in.

Biggest issue- recruitment. We have a club that has no clout in the market, and a recruitment department that lacks any aptitude for scouting and spotting emerging talent.
Next problem- No identity. We have no style of play and therefore no idea what type of players we need.
Next- Current squad- has very little value in it, with most leaving for free in the summer.
Those left are worth fuck all, while the over hype around half a dozen academy lads is laughable.

So with all that to deal with, we are a club that will do well to stay out of the bottom three again next season, never mind think we will bounce back with our TV money. The owner can’t find a buyer, and has no money to fund a championship club without either a promotion or player sale.

Maybe doom mongering, but to me i see no evidence from the club presently to allay those prophesies.

I’m sick of seeing him appear on fans channels spouting his excuses and bollocks. I’m sick of the lack of leadership at the top of the club.
I want something done now before this comes to pass. He either funds the club properly or just tell us where we are and let us prepare for that shower of shit up the road out performing us. We’ve all laughed at the pigs and their nut job owner, but ours is about to put us at the same level and lower despite having had 3 lots of prem money!!

It’s a feckin disgrace.

I’m sick of seeing him appear on fans channels spouting his excuses and bollocks. I’m sick of the lack of leadership at the top of the club.
It would be good if YorkBlade could get him back on to explain this current situation with the players seemingly giving up.

His decisions set us up for this, he needs to front up and explain what’s going on to put it right.

In my opinion the majority of the fan base are in agreement that nearly everyone goes. Let’s presume that’s true. Give me a realistic starting 11.

I honestly wouldn't hate a Grbic - Bogle/Baldock/Curtis, Anel, Egan (or better younger CB), Trusty, RND/Boyes - 3 of Blaster/Souza/Hamer/Brooks/loan signing - Osula, loan signing assuming we don't re-up Jebbo

Brooks and Arblaster as 2 of a middle 3. Osula up top. The rest I don't really care right now so long as its not filled by any of the current squad.
I think I’d be rather worried that Prince gotnowt will sell Arblaster to somewhere like Wolves or Newcastle (God forbid Florist) to keep the club afloat.

Hoping a formation change so here's mine.

Adams - free agent st
Dolans - free agent rw
Willock - free agent lw
O'hare - free agent attacking mid
Wood/mcnair - free agent Cb
Giannoulis - free agent lb
Johansson- nominal fee gk
Sorba Thomas- nominal fee lw/rw
Choudray - loan cm/cover full back
Then see which strikers are available for Loan from prem end of window.

Release - Norwood, osborn, Davies, Lowe, wes, rnd, coulibaly, basham.

Offer new deal - egan, baldock, bogle, mcburnie.

That is my hope, but chances are slim to none as we won't pay the going rate in wages with our Small club mentality.

We don't need a new manager, that's the first bit. We're crap, end of by PL standards. But back in the Championship with Arblaster, Brooks, Osula, Robbo, Trusty, yes Trusty, Hamer, we have some quality Champ players. Hopefully the better players out if contract stays like Baldock, 4/5 decent signings, two probably decent loans and we'll be better than most in the Champ.

So there's brighter times ahead very soon. Just have to get this season over with asap. Obviously it ends when it ends but you get the drift!
We don't need a new manager? Woe just fucking WOW

Hoping a formation change so here's mine.

Adams - free agent st
Dolans - free agent rw
Willock - free agent lw
O'hare - free agent attacking mid
Wood/mcnair - free agent Cb
Giannoulis - free agent lb
Johansson- nominal fee gk
Sorba Thomas- nominal fee lw/rw
Choudray - loan cm/cover full back
Then see which strikers are available for Loan from prem end of window.

Release - Norwood, osborn, Davies, Lowe, wes, rnd, coulibaly, basham.

Offer new deal - egan, baldock, bogle, mcburnie.

That is my hope, but chances are slim to none as we won't pay the going rate in wages with our Small club mentality.
Mcburnie no thank you get shut

I've just got to the point of thinking what's the point. Why would we want to get promoted again? We can't afford it and we'll have nothing to show for this season either. We've hardly spent anything on players, we won't have loads to spend in the summer and if we did we'll only end up the same as we are now. It's not even like we've banked all the Premier league money and used it for a decent academy. I've just lost it I'm afraid and the trip to Bournemouth on Saturday isn't going to cheer me up either.
UTB.

Biggest issue- recruitment. We have a club that has no clout in the market, and a recruitment department that lacks any aptitude for scouting and spotting emerging talent.
Next problem- No identity. We have no style of play and therefore no idea what type of players we need.
Next- Current squad- has very little value in it, with most leaving for free in the summer.
Those left are worth fuck all, while the over hype around half a dozen academy lads is laughable.

So with all that to deal with, we are a club that will do well to stay out of the bottom three again next season, never mind think we will bounce back with our TV money. The owner can’t find a buyer, and has no money to fund a championship club without either a promotion or player sale.

Maybe doom mongering, but to me i see no evidence from the club presently to allay those prophesies.

I want something done now before this comes to pass. He either funds the club properly or just tell us where we are and let us prepare for that shower of shit up the road out performing us. We’ve all laughed at the pigs and their nut job owner, but ours is about to put us at the same level and lower despite having had 3 lots of prem money!!

It’s a feckin disgrace.
My issue is we cannot string 10 passes together. But then normally the teams that cannot string 10 passes together can all run and be horrible and aggressive and we aren’t that either.

Solid proven championship players in their mid 20s and beyond. The more frees the better

Sign a number of them and mix them with Arblaster, Brooks and Peck plus 2 or 3 others

Get rid of the likes of Souza and Trusty

Viktor Johansson - GK, Rotherham
Jimmy Dunne - CB, QPR
Wesley Hoedt - CB, Watford (Trusty part ex?)
Paddy McNair - CB/CM, Boro
Sam Field - CM, QPR
Joe Rothwell - CM, Bournemouth
Callum O'Hare - AM, Coventry
Sam Gallagher - CF, Blackburn
Emil Riis - CF, Preston

Those types. Quite a few there are out of contract. They'd give us a good new and much needed spine

It’s a feckin disgrace.
Agree 100% with all that.

Solid proven championship players in their mid 20s and beyond. The more frees the better

Sign a number of them and mix them with Arblaster, Brooks and Peck plus 2 or 3 others

Get rid of the likes of Souza and Trusty

Viktor Johansson - GK, Rotherham
Jimmy Dunne - CB, QPR
Wesley Hoedt - CB, Watford (Trusty part ex?)
Paddy McNair - CB/CM, Boro
Sam Field - CM, QPR
Joe Rothwell - CM, Bournemouth
Callum O'Hare - AM, Coventry
Sam Gallagher - CF, Blackburn
Emil Riis - CF, Preston

Those types. Quite a few there are out of contract. They'd give us a good new and much needed spine
I agree that we need a rebuild, the problem is that will take at least a season to bed in a new squad of players and a manager of ours won’t be allowed that time, they’ll be sacked with us near the bottom by next Christmas.

Speaking to a current manager in the EFL when he did similar recently he said “if I don’t get sacked by Christmas I’ll get us promoted”, he didn’t get sacked and he got them promoted having signed 16 players the previous summer. They were shit up to Christmas but the plan worked. They’ll likely get promoted again this season and we’ll play them next season.

It would be good if YorkBlade could get him back on to explain this current situation with the players seemingly giving up.

His decisions set us up for this, he needs to front up and explain what’s going on to put it right.

I said it on the last chat with him and I've said it to him privately, the next interview the owner does shouldn't be with a fan channel, it should be the proper media. Ideally our well informed local media outlets. It is unlikely (although not impossible) they will go down our route of just asking 'fan submitted questions' and they will push for further answers with greater scrutiny in a way that we can't on that free platform.

I said it on the last chat with him and I've said it to him privately, the next interview the owner does shouldn't be with a fan channel, it should be the proper media. Ideally our well informed local media outlets. It is unlikely (although not impossible) they will go down our route of just asking 'fan submitted questions' and they will push for further answers with greater scrutiny in a way that we can't on that free platform.

When you speak to him next, do ask him to apologise to us for this shitshow of a season. And ask the players and the manager to do the same.

No accountability at all. None.

I'm entitled to my opinion. I don't see how any manager can be judged after less than half a season with a team that is so woefully out of its depth.
Four home games in a row conceding 5 or more.

Starting four at the back with Norwood and Trusty in the starting 11 against one of the best teams in the league.

Failed in his last season with us in the prem.

Failed at Watford.

Failed at Middlesbrough.

Doing no better than Hecky did who many said had to go.

Brought in Grbic and Holgate, continuing a run of awful recruitment.

How much evidence do we need before our fans accept it’s not 2016 anymore? It’s now four seasons in a row since Wilder had anything approaching a successful run as a manager. That’s plenty to judge him on.

Last edited:
He won’t do that because I assume he would like the opportunity to edit responses prior to airing.

He’s more than happy to bring Yusuf and co over to dance around the pitch when we achieve promotion against a terrible financial backdrop but nowhere to be seen or heard again when it’s a shitshow from top to bottom.

Back
Top Bottom