Steve Mounié

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Westran

Reaction score

On the plus side he plays for a poor African team so we wouldn't lose him for 3 weeks.

We should feel up Brest, see how much they want.

Last edited:

We could do with some Mounié

First Anel, then Anis, then we’re all over Brest for players.

Stick some money on Stefan Kuntz joining the backroom staff lads.

Absolute filth this scouting team 🙄

In all seriousness I've seen him many many times in the flesh, he is a bit of a lazy lump, decent in the air, but not PL standard at all

If and it's a big if, we catch him on a golden patch, he is the kind that could net 5 or 6 games on the Trot, but spent a lot of last season injured too

I just think even with our budget we can do so much better

Out of contract in the summer and with us possibly needing to recruit at least three strikers I don’t think he’d be a bad free transfer in the championship.

Got to think there would be much better free agent options, that's if we go down that route rather than just having belief in what we have augmented by the loan market. If he didn't previously play for a Yorkshire club I doubt we even have a thread about him

Got to think there would be much better free agent options, that's if we go down that route rather than just having belief in what we have augmented by the loan market. If he didn't previously play for a Yorkshire club I doubt we even have a thread about him
Here’s who is out there. Not sure the list is so large in terms of would come and can afford their wages, then filtered by good enough:

We could do with some Mounié
Sounds like a reyt arse

Here’s who is out there. Not sure the list is so large in terms of would come and can afford their wages, then filtered by good enough:

Thanks. There's clearly a lot of players in there who are unrealistic for multiple reasons - I suppose the question really is whether when it comes to the summer we think we are one established striker away from bouncing straight back. If so, then surely it makes sense to go all in with a one year rental on someone that would piss all over the Championship from a great height, rather than going half-hearted? Someone like Batshuayi would likely cost £5m tops on a one year rental which, if it is the difference between earning nine figures in 25/26 and not doing so, is probably going to be worth the investment.

The obvious counterpoint is if we are going to be a year away regardless even if we got a Mitrovic sort of cheat code, then why would we try to improve the forward line externally, rather than giving what we have a proper run, working out if we have the players for the following season, then going into Championship season two with our current squad having +1 experience at that level and knowing better what we need?

That striker pigs were after expires end of the year, may be worth a look. 2 in 3 in this year's MLS, same with Tyrhrs Dolan, fit the profile I guess age wise

Back
Top Bottom