Outgoing? Jebbison

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

There's nothing this season that can sway anyone on whether Wilder is a good fit or not.

The proof in the pudding will be next season with Wilder pretty much overseeing the whole rebuild .. it will be very much his neck on the chopping block if it doesn't work out.

RcF9EtvHCbuS.gif

It's extremely optimistic to assume Jebbison will even stay fit and available, let alone be a reliable option capable of what's needed as even a 2nd choice CF. There's no reason to think he'll even be at the same level as he was 2 years ago. He's now playing catch up. We might salvage a few pennies transfer fee wise by getting him on a new contract but it may cost us more overall. We need 2 good CFs if we're to compete for promotion. But maybe that's laughable and what we really ought to aim for is finishing 21st

These lot are obviously well in with PA.

When they start announcing stuff it’s that PA wants the good news out.

So would imagine it’s truthful.

I am glad that Wilder has been able to convince the players he wants to stay.

Now we move onto the bigger hitters see if he can do the same again.

These lot are obviously well in with PA.

When they start announcing stuff it’s that PA wants the good news out.

So would imagine it’s truthful.

I am glad that Wilder has been able to convince the players he wants to stay.

Now we move onto the bigger hitters see if he can do the same again.
We’ve got big hitters ….where ?

Deal practically done a week or two back but still no announcement. I really hope we can progress signings quicker than new contracts.

Deal practically done a week or two back but still no announcement. I really hope we can progress signings quicker than new contracts.
What’s done ?

Would be strange no announcement if it’s signed.

We saw Arblaster drag on for a few days and then was announced.

Who said it was practically done though? I can’t recall that being said by the club

I can potential in Osula as he's stood out in the under 21 team. He looks a different level to them and he's pretty much gone straight from League One to being thrown in the deep end in the Premier League. I thought he looked good at one stage when we had Osula, Archer, Brereton-Diaz and McAtee as our attacking four. We had real pace on the break then Archer got injured and Wilder dropped Osula rightfully or wrongfully for Mcburnie then never seemed to feature again except from the bench.

The jury is still out for me on Jebbison. He did well at Burton the returned to a Sheffield United team crying out for a partner for Sharp. Jebbo was recalled and reminded injury free in an injury ravaged team, and yet he rarely seemed to make the bench, let alone come off it. I wouldn't be that bothered if he left.

I can potential in Osula as he's stood out in the under 21 team. He looks a different level to them and he's pretty much gone straight from League One to being thrown in the deep end in the Premier League. I thought he looked good at one stage when we had Osula, Archer, Brereton-Diaz and McAtee as our attacking four. We had real pace on the break then Archer got injured and Wilder dropped Osula rightfully or wrongfully for Mcburnie then never seemed to feature again except from the bench.

The jury is still out for me on Jebbison. He did well at Burton the returned to a Sheffield United team crying out for a partner for Sharp. Jebbo was recalled and reminded injury free in an injury ravaged team, and yet he rarely seemed to make the bench, let alone come off it. I wouldn't be that bothered if he left.
Osula is the definition of when fans say they want Pace. He’s big powerful and very quick but usually these qualities do not follow as a good footballer or a good finisher.

Osula all around game is pretty poor and his finishing has big questions marks. He does out perform all of those in academy 2 level As he’s playing against players who will largely not be professional footballers in another year or so.

Jebbison doesn’t have the physical size and pace of Osula but has the finishing part. If you mixed them together it’s a hybrid Ollie Watkins.

It will be interesting to see how much game time they both get next season (if Jebbo does sign)

Osula is the definition of when fans say they want Pace. He’s big powerful and very quick but usually these qualities do not follow as a good footballer or a good finisher.

Osula all around game is pretty poor and his finishing has big questions marks. He does out perform all of those in academy 2 level As he’s playing against players who will largely not be professional footballers in another year or so.

Jebbison doesn’t have the physical size and pace of Osula but has the finishing part. If you mixed them together it’s a hybrid Ollie Watkins.

It will be interesting to see how much game time they both get next season (if Jebbo does sign)
It's funny you say that about Osula, as he is what the modern game is about. Teams take fast, tall lads who are good athletes and turn them into footballers, hence why the Premier League is over laden with speed demons. We are packed full of short, slow, "technically gifted" players whose first thought is pass the ball on receiving it. Our academy is packed full of these players.

Some of our best attacking football this season was the combo of Brereton-Diaz, Archer, McAtee and Osula as they were all pacey players who keep the ball and run with it.

Osula can finish. I think the reason his finishing was so poor in the Premier League came down to pressure. In the under 21 games he's so much more relaxed and composed when finishing.

Let's judge him on next season in the Championship, where he should have been playing on loan this season.

Back
Top Bottom