CONFIRMED Steel City Derby at the Lane - moved to Friday?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Couldn't wish for a better day and time, Wendy will not be looking forward to it. This had better be right sunny.

I'm going to have to book that day off to get to the game. I hate it when this happens because I've now got to book a hotel for that night!!. As per bloody usual absolutely no thought for those of us who have to travel any kind of distance!. Trains are very few and far between after 10:30pm on a Friday night. Rant over. Utb

What a load of fucking bollox
Already booked fucking flights Saturday 6.30
Plenty of time for 12.15 kickoff
Return flight Sunday afternoon
What a fucking load of bollox

Not wishing to put-ITK sun (because I usually know fuck all) but I said this two days ago ;)

Threads merged and popped in Rumour Mill until confirmed.

We've heard (from one whose job it is to know these things) that the SYP preference is for Friday night games as there's less disorder. Sky may not be the push factor on any move.

Less disorder on Friday nights as opposed to Saturday 3pm? Are they serious? Or are they really as idiotic as they’re made out to be?

I’m self-employed. My tools will be downed at 11 and a pint downed at 12. By 7pm I will be hammered.

Unbelievable logic if that’s the case

Sky are just waiting for me to book an expensive trip somewhere before rearranging the game to clash. They’re on a hat trick this season for such bellendery.

:D

Travel insurance? Might be worth taking some out if you feel that the Sky corporation are out to get you?

It's getting late have you seen my mates
Ma tell me when the boys get here
It's seven o'clock and I want to rock
Want to get a belly full of beer
My old man's drunker than a barrel full of monkeys
And my old lady she don't care
My sister looks cute in her braces and boots
A handful of grease in her hair
Don't give us none of your aggravation
We had it with your discipline
Friday night's alright for fighting
Get a little action in
Get about as oiled as a diesel train
Gonna set this dance alight
`Cause Friday night's the night I like
Friday night's alright alright alright

Elton or Nickleback?

Elton or Nickleback?
Elton of course ,Nickelback have their place but Elton Johns back catalogue is brilliant and no one does his songs better. 'Get about as oiled as a diesel train' is a brilliant lyric although I suspect Taupin wrote that.

Nickelback can have

Well it's Friday night, damn right, we're wound up too tight
I've got a fist full of whiskey, the bottle just bit me
Oh
That shit makes me bat shit crazy
We've got no fear, no doubt, all in balls out

Elton of course ,Nickelback have their place but Elton Johns back catalogue is brilliant and no one does his songs better. 'Get about as oiled as a diesel train' is a brilliant lyric although I suspect Taupin wrote that.

Nickelback can have

Well it's Friday night, damn right, we're wound up too tight
I've got a fist full of whiskey, the bottle just bit me
Oh
That shit makes me bat shit crazy
We've got no fear, no doubt, all in balls out

I love both versions of that song - the NB one just edges it for me because of the rockier noise and I allus have the thought that Elton is going to leap into the La, la, la, la, la, la bit from Crocodile Rock, at some stage.

I'd like to hear a Foo Fighters version :)

Less disorder on Friday nights as opposed to Saturday 3pm? Are they serious? Or are they really as idiotic as they’re made out to be?

I’m self-employed. My tools will be downed at 11 and a pint downed at 12. By 7pm I will be hammered.

Unbelievable logic if that’s the case

It won't be before the game that they will be concerned with as they know most folks will be near enough to the Lane that they can be heavily resourced there and avoid issues.

The problem is after the game, and where to man resources. At least with a 7.45 kick off, their isn't as much time left in the day for problems, plus with the tremendous transport network available, even those hell bent on trouble need to try and get home! They be on high alert from 5-11 after a 3ko, perhaps only 10-12 for a night match before pubs start to empty, especially those who've been on the ale since dinner!

Same her George , booked 6.30 flight Saturday morning , and Sunday afternoon flight back .
What a crock of shit if true
Can't believe those in positions of authority would think that Friday night is a more suitable time for a game of this magnitude!

I've looked at alternative flights but would need to be on an early afternoon flight to make an evening game and that just isn't possible with school. (All those folk who complain about teachers holidays note the distinct lack of flexibility in getting a random day off :mad:)

we have lost so many planes at Crab Airlines we may well re-brand to be Bermuda Triangle Air.... :confused:o_O

I have to say, I find the "window cleaners ladders" method of boarding, a little unconventional......

aero-ladder-ii-300x300.jpg

Sssshhhhhh.... Val lent it me, its fucking cold down here, I am not a hard northern bastard any more so I have to use mi big coat more and more.

What happened to all those fucking coats we had in the lock up? Don't tell me you've sold some?

Back
Top Bottom