CONFIRMED Slaviša Jokanović

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

dont know whether cooper plays 433 or 343 but he definetly uses a front 3 and i think that system suits mcburnie and brewster rather than a front 2 could well depend if swansea go up or not

I think some of our fanbase are suspicious of anyone who isn't a straight talking muck and nettles bloke from North of Leicester.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but when you see people not wanting certain managers because they're a middle Englander, or because they're too posh, I despair.

I couldn't care less if I like the next manager as a person if he's gets us playing entertaining attacking football and has us challenging at the top end.
I never really cared that Wilder was a United fan. Found it quite irritating how it made him in to a selfless deity with some people. His best quality was his experience of winning games and leagues.

He was a great appointment regardless, just based on his record.

I think some of our fanbase are suspicious of anyone who isn't a straight talking muck and nettles bloke from North of Leicester.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but when you see people not wanting certain managers because they're a middle Englander, or because they're too posh, I despair.

I couldn't care less if I like the next manager as a person if he's gets us playing entertaining attacking football and has us challenging at the top end.

I think you will find they are the same people who didn't want Jesse Lingard anywhere near BDTBL.....

Agreed. I also think we need to grow the fuck up and start acting like a football team who plays in the 21st Century.

Signing foreign players (of pedigree) and hiring foreign managers with strange sounding names doth not 'not' make Sheffield United true to it's roots. Whilst Wilder may have catapulted us up the leagues, and Wilder is in fact a Sheffield born and bred fan of the club, we have seen that 'being native' has it's restrictions and limitations both recently and in the past.

We need success. United are a big city club and should have big city attitudes and aspirations.

I hadn't considered Jokanovic having thought he'd gone and wasn't returning. I am in favour of Howe, but if this bloke is available, he should be pushed upwards in the running list.

pommpey

"Chris Wilder has recommended Steve Cooper"

Who ?
I thought there were a few names he recommended.
Maybe that’s why they gave him such a good pay off?
Who else is on that list?
So many questions?

If we get the Serbian chap, will he be bringing in his own matchday stewards? That’ll be a step up and quite worrying! SYP may just leave it to them.

Was he managing Fulham in that 4-5 game at BDTBL ?
Fit in with Blades rollercoaster world, a season like that.
I imagine football gods rubbing their hands at the thought, promotion just about assured and they whisk him off to do his national service or jury service.

I work with a Watford fan so text him about Jokanovic this morning. His reply was “quality manager, played some of the best football I’ve seen us play when he took us up. Then fell out with the owners so they fucked him off”.

Sounds familiar.

Maybe it's because Swansea just lost a derby and emotions are running high, but their fans don't seem to like Cooper or his style of play.

Can't say I've watched much of Swansea this season so I'm sure their fans know more than me about their style of play but....

Quite a few of them are clamouring for the Barnsley gaffa. I've watched Barnsley a few times this season (including their match with the pigs yesterday) and Barnsley aren't exactly playing a great style of play are they.

Style of play aside, having Swansea sat in 3rd place isn't exactly a failure is it. Fans are greedy and always want more.

Jokanovic had success at teams with far more resources and better players than our own, it wouldn’t work out. Cooper would suit us far more and be a great appointment, but why he would leave Swansea for this sinking ship I haven’t a clue.

As for Cooper, it may be too much of a temptation to turn the job down if offered to him, in the knowledge that he would be reunited with both McB and Brewster. Two players he knows that in the right system he'd have 40+goals between them guaranteed. Would make his job all the more easier.

Bet we are Swansea's villa
The club just above them that Hoover's up their talent

Basically we are replacing Wilder with someone who’s done the same as Wilder but with a lot more money whilst we are paying him a fortune.

This club is unreal.
Wilder didn’t want to be here. Imagine having an employee speaking badly of you in the press, making demands every other day and handing in his resignation twice. At what point is enough enough?

We have to be grateful for what he’s done 100% but life goes on.

Back
Top Bottom