Slav Out

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’m not advocating he should go, but hopefully the Prince learned something from the Wilder fuck up, that there is no room for sentiment in football

We’ve all known Fleck and Norwood are shit, yet he brings in 2 midfielders who he then doesn’t play, even tho Fleck and Norwood are still shit - so it’s either bad management or bad recruitment.

he brings in Davies, who isn’t much better than what we have, whilst playing Egan in a 4 when he clearly can’t

Not sure 20 games in he knows his best side

Fulham & West Brom came down with us, Bournemouth missed out in playoffs

all 4 teams recruited a new manager

3 of those teams occupy the top 3 places

1 is 18th

i think this is the first question around Slav, which after 17 games and a win percentage of 29%, from a reputed salary of £4m he can’t be surprised about

Do you want a job in payroll?

HH
No thanks mate - too easy; I designed an Excel Spreadsheet many years ago to do all that stuff automatically just for the fun of it, producing P11's as a by-product. Computer software can sort any of those problems easy-peasey.

HR is much more challenging and rewarding - how to maximise your employee strengths and minimise weaknesses in the management of an organisation's most valuable assets - something this manager doesn't appear to have a clue about.

A P45 is the only communication I'd have with this guy - he'd receive it in time to show a prospective new employer on Monday morning.

Sharp has 5 goals & 6 assists. When he plays he makes things happen.

Brewster, McBurnie & Mousset have all been absolutely woeful since they arrived (apart from Mousset for a handful of games many moons ago).

In any case, our biggest problems are not at that end of the pitch. They're in the middle of the park & at the back.

Honestly, I think Sharp, MGW & Ndiaye are our only players to come out of this opening third of the season with any credit at all. The rest have been poor.

Sharp has scored 2 goals in 16 from open play this season and 5 from his last 55 he offers nothing to threaten other teams defenses + he is missing sitters regularly this season two today

The reason mcburnie & brewster have been poor is they dont get the chances sharp gets he is stunting there growth this season anyway

Its baffling mcburnie/brewster are 10/15 years younger we need them to be the future of the club , Billy sharp is not that is a fact im afraid as much as we all love Billy

No thanks mate - too easy; I designed an Excel Spreadsheet many years ago to do all that stuff automatically just for the fun of it, producing P11's as a by-product. Computer software can sort any of those problems easy-peasey.

HR is much more challenging and rewarding - how to maximise your employee strengths and minimise weaknesses in the management of an organisation's most valuable assets - something this manager doesn't appear to have a clue about.

A P45 is the only communication I'd have with this guy - he'd receive it in time to show a prospective new employer on Monday morning.
Sack him and he kops for a few million (most probably the transfer budget we have for the next two windows) , which means 18 months more of these load of crap players at least !

we have to give him a few transfer windows !

Sharp was one of the better players today and set up Brewsters goal, and also set up MGW midweek.
I actually worry about where we would be without him this season too. Not saying he's the be all and end all but he's certainly a useful player.

Sharp is not the problem or blocking a place I agree. Brewster was on the pitch today, he scored, who set him up ? Sharp. What else did Brewster do except scuff a shot banana wise when he just needed to connect with it properly.

McB has come on as sub when Sharp has been still on the pitch, who looked the better player, Sharp ? McB comes on huffs and puffs does a few useful headers then does stupid fouls. If there was anything about him he would be breaking his gonads to create chances, link up play, score goals, etc etc, Now who does that at the moment, er Sharp.

Its not Sharp thats the issue its the other strikers stepping up. He is just doing what he always does. Its upto the other strikers to push him out. They couldnt push a feather out of a paper bag.

Only thing that’s out is Securely live. Fed up with paying and not getting anything to see.

Get yourself Firestick and get an IPTV service. It's the future 😁

Got to admit now I have had enough of Slav, he has to take some responsibility for the weekly shit show these players put out. Quite obvious to anyone we are hopeless playing a back four, we are hopeless in midfield, not so good up front and as a unit a total shambles heading back to League One. Karl Asaba was spot on with everything he said this afternoon we can all see it why can't Slav? They might not be good enough playing 3-5-2 but that is what they are used to, that is what they were brought here to do so until we get different players play that system. The players can't adapt to Slavball so at the moment we are getting nothing at all out of them.
I don't know if Slav had any input on the summer recruitment but fuck me Gibbs White apart they are as bad or worse than what we already had at the club, and that keeper how the fuck is he Swedens #1 how?
I'm worried very worried ☹️☹️☹️

Footnote: I'd have Warnock back in a heartbeat and I hate that old fecker, at least he'd kick arse and stop these wankers strolling through games.

Sack him and he kops for a few million (most probably the transfer budget we have for the next two windows) , which means 18 months more of these load of crap players at least !

we have to give him a few transfer windows !
League One will drain our resources to the woeful tune of a few millions more though!

Sharp has 5 goals & 6 assists. When he plays he makes things happen.

Brewster, McBurnie & Mousset have all been absolutely woeful since they arrived (apart from Mousset for a handful of games many moons ago).

In any case, our biggest problems are not at that end of the pitch. They're in the middle of the park & at the back.

Honestly, I think Sharp, MGW & Ndiaye are our only players to come out of this opening third of the season with any credit at all. The rest have been poor.
Do you remember when we used to take a good ‘keeper as a given? For probably 20 years we had crackers. I was at the front for the Forest game and what struck me immediately was Olsen waves his arms about as if he’s directing the defence. But he isn’t. Nothing comes out of his mouth. He points with their backs turned to him. I’m going to use the word flabbergasted.

Sharp is the biggest problem

Slav refuses to drop him even though he offers nothing

Sharp playing every minute has stunted the minutes brewster/mcburnie have had as a no9 there actual position

Sharp is 37 next year its time he was a squad player at best
Agree

Sharp is a true hero

But we will never ever know if our £43 million duo , who have performed in this league before , will do it for us and can build up a confident performing understanding

This is no slight on Billy but we have to give these guys a run

If they don’t deliver - at least we will know

billy isn’t the future - bless

I think id give him to the new year (after middlesbrough game). If results/performances havent improved i think we'd need to act to enable a new manager to save us from relegation, possibly a warnock type figure.

What I would say as a slight contradiction is Slav is doing himself no favours. The formation clearly not working, picking players who are so far out of form its untrue on a weekly basis, pedestrian possession based boring football hes got us playing.

Its got to improve significantly, id be acting in january if it doesnt

We are potless and can’t change the players so we need to find someone who can get a tune out of this lot, otherwise we are certs to be relegated this season.

I wanted to give Slav the benefit of the doubt but this is just not the job for him.

So we just keep changing managers that’s worked before hasent it
Slav needs the next window it’s the Wilder guard that’s the problem stick Slater in for a start and the energy levels will go up
Well with Wilder at Middlesborough now - he may take a few off our hands

Agree

Sharp is a true hero

But we will never ever know if our £43 million duo , who have performed in this league before , will do it for us and can build up a confident performing understanding

This is no slight on Billy but we have to give these guys a run

If they don’t deliver - at least we will know

billy isn’t the future - bless

McBurnie has played 70 odd games for us.

He was never the right appointment whatsoever, big name on big money to appease the fans 100%, but what’s the point in sacking him now? Minimum he should be given another season but with the state of the club behind the scenes and the lack of funds it’s probably totally pointless keeping him in charge.

Same set up every game. Go back to 3 CBs. Current formation doesn't work especially with a piss poor midfield. Would 5-3-2 or 3-5-2 work? Haven't a scooby...but the current shit show certainly doesn't does it. What really is pissing fans off is the same outcome performance wise game after game.
I have to ask the question, what happens if basham gets injured? Or davies? We don’t even have a backup RCB and it’s robinson at LCB, which will make 90% of posters on here shit their pants

We’ve failed to score a league goal playing 5 at the back this season. Playing this system we have one of the highest xG’s in the league. It’s a case of missing chances, not creating them. And defensively we’ve been a shambles either way. Imo it’s completely on the personnel and not the system

Slav needs a few transfer windows to flush the crap out of the team. In january we’ll be looking at selling burke, freeman (disappointing) and at least one forward I’d imagine which hopefully frees up funds for a couple of midfielders

Any manager worth his salt could see that 10 minutes into the second half today the game was getting away from us, he should have changed it then, but he never makes the first sub, its almost like he's waiting for the opposition to score, and even then the changes didn't occur till it was 3-1.

I honestly don't see a plan, the style of play is so negative, sideways and backwards, there's no point looking at possession stats because in the real world they don't matter. I don't mind losing but its uninspiring, and he doesn't appear capable of altering that.

Any manager worth his salt could see that 10 minutes into the second half today the game was getting away from us, he should have changed it then, but he never makes the first sub, its almost like he's waiting for the opposition to score, and even then the changes didn't occur till it was 3-1.

I honestly don't see a plan, the style of play is so negative, sideways and backwards, there's no point looking at possession stats because in the real world they don't matter. I don't mind losing but its uninspiring, and he doesn't appear capable of altering that.
We have the 4th highest expected goals in the league

He’s got to be given the full season at the very least. Changing manager at this point won’t achieve anything in the long term.
I could not agree more.He has a poor squad and until he has had two windows we cannot comment on his managerial abilities.
Why when things are not to fans liking do they immediately want to get rid of the manager ?
Was it his fault that Sharp missed a one on one ?
Was it his fault that Stevens and Egan were both on the wrong side of their men when the second goal went in ?
Was it his fault that Olsen failed to gather a simple shot ?
Was it his fault that Mousset and G-W both missed chances to score ?
Clearly not, so why blame him when he has no viable alternatives to this underperforming bunch ?

People demanding we revert back to 3 5 2....did you miss how impotent we were playing that all last season, and arguably more importantly, when we tried it earlier this?

He was never the right appointment whatsoever, big name on big money to appease the fans 100%, but what’s the point in sacking him now? Minimum he should be given another season but with the state of the club behind the scenes and the lack of funds it’s probably totally pointless keeping him in charge.

Who was the right appointment?

We are potless and can’t change the players so we need to find someone who can get a tune out of this lot, otherwise we are certs to be relegated this season.

I wanted to give Slav the benefit of the doubt but this is just not the job for him.
No one could do it , two years of losing has shot any confidence in their ability the players had right out of them !
the only two bright sparks were not part of last season … let’s hope they don’t plunge to the depths the others have !

No one could do it , two years of losing has shot any confidence in their ability the players had right out of them !
the only two bright sparks were not part of last season … let’s hope they don’t plunge to the depths the others have !
It's absolute insanity from Slav to stick with Norwood and Fleck as a central midfield when both of them lost 29 league games last season.

Zero fight or reaction when under pressure, both have the look of "ahhh f**k, here we go again" every time something negative happens.

We have the 4th highest expected goals in the league
I'm glad you're happy with that.

'We didn't put enough energy on the field. We weren't strong enough, quick enough, to offer the supporters this poor level is not good enough

That's not me talking by the way......that's the manager

I'm glad you're happy with that.

'We didn't put enough energy on the field. We weren't strong enough, quick enough, to offer the supporters this poor level is not good enough

That's not me talking by the way......that's the manager
I don’t disagree with that today. I responded to the claim that our style of play is negative, sideways and backwards. 4th best expected goals (above bournemouth) suggests that it clearly isn’t

If the mongs in defence could do their job for the last 10 minutes of a game alone we’d be 6 points better off & half this criticism wouldn’t be happening

Sharp has scored 2 goals in 16 from open play this season and 5 from his last 55 he offers nothing to threaten other teams defenses + he is missing sitters regularly this season two today

The reason mcburnie & brewster have been poor is they dont get the chances sharp gets he is stunting there growth this season anyway

Its baffling mcburnie/brewster are 10/15 years younger we need them to be the future of the club , Billy sharp is not that is a fact im afraid as much as we all love Billy
I tell yer now if McBurnie and Brewster are the future WE ARE FUCKED !

The players are not an will not play for him.. goodbye as quick as possible

Back
Top Bottom