Slav Out

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm not arguing about it mate, I was giving a suggestion on another name. We're closer to relegation than mid table right

We’re just as close to the relegation places as we are the playoff places. And yes, I know we’re miles off the playoffs.

How long would you give Ryan Lowe? 5 games? 10?

No other manager across all the divisions across the world will ever get a note out of this ageing unbalanced squad especially with literally fuckall cash. Change across the board is needed to make us a modern somewhat competitive or entertaining club. Sorry to be piggish but our club with our fanbase and all the trials and tribulations it has been through deserve something to look forward to and anticipate not another
easily predictable slump due to our unwillingness to move our supposed big namers on.

TLDR: Our situation is not dependent on any given managerial depature/acquisition.

If we did sack Slav then kiss whatever budget we've got for bringing in loans in January goodbye, as that'll be spent on compo.

We're stuck with these players until their contracts run out as they've shown no signs of being able to improve under three managers, so no one is going to buy them so that we can raise funds to buy replacements. The Prince already stated that there will be no funds for permanent signings this season.

The only person I can think who can do the job is Jesus Christ, as he's pretty good at performing miracles, but no one has heard from him since his resurrection, and I'm not sure that football is his forte.

Slav is the best man for the job but he doesn't have the players he needs. However, he needs to realise that square pegs in round holes isn't working and change the system to suit that he's got, rather then trying to change useless players to suit the system he wants to play.

Like it or lump it, our squad is suited to 5-3-2 so we should stick with it for now. 4-2-3-1 isn't working.

He’s got to be given the full season at the very least. Changing manager at this point won’t achieve anything in the long term.
Sod the long term, short term is the priority with this shower of shite!

We’re just as close to the relegation places as we are the playoff places. And yes, I know we’re miles off the playoffs.

How long would you give Ryan Lowe? 5 games? 10?
My issue with Slav right now is I have absolutely no clue what direction he's taking us. He's made us worse defensively.

He came into a squad of players that have played a system for so long and pretty much have players only made for that system. Change it over time but no immediately. We were up there with the favourite to bounce back, we knew we wasn't all that great but we certainly didn't think wed be this bad.

We literally cannot defend, his substitions are bizarre, his team selection is all over the place.

We're a loyal fan base and if we see a direction someones taking us then we’ll stick with it. But this literally feels like Bryan Robson, Nigel Adkins & Micky Adams stuff

The majority of our players are spineless, slow, talentless, useless fucking twats who are stealing a wage. MGW and Ndiaye aside they can all leave for me.
Billy?

I'm not advocating Slav to go but do have to wonder what's the plan? If anything if feels like we are regressing.

We see in parts some really nice intricate play but it's not enough on it's own.
Defensively we look awful but it's largely because we put ourselves under pressure too.

He's got to change something between now and January and to be honest if he's not going to be supported in January then they need to sit down and work out whether he should stay for the rest of the season.

We've been concerned about Wolves recalling MGW and it curtailing any sort of promotion push. With the way things are panning out I wouldn't be surprised if Wolves recalled him and sent him on loan to a club at the top end of the Championship for a better loan experience.

My issue with Slav right now is I have absolutely no clue what direction he's taking us. He's made us worse defensively.

He came into a squad of players that have played a system for so long and pretty much have players only made for that system. Change it over time but no immediately. We were up there with the favourite to bounce back, we knew we wasn't all that great but we certainly didn't think wed be this bad.

We literally cannot defend, his substitions are bizarre, his team selection is all over the place.

We're a loyal fan base and if we see a direction someones taking us then we’ll stick with it. But this literally feels like Bryan Robson, Nigel Adkins & Micky Adams stuff

I largely agree with that but this set of players showed last season that they are no longer capable of playing the system that you say they were made for. Can you not remember the shouts for Wilder to change it last season?

What is a new, new manager going to be able to do differently? If it’s just about motivating the players to do better then surely we should see some results of that within 5 games. What if that isn’t the case? At what point do we give someone a chance to move some of these players on and start to build his own team?

So we just keep changing managers that’s worked before hasent it
Slav needs the next window it’s the Wilder guard that’s the problem stick Slater in for a start and the energy levels will go up

Feels like slav is just going through the motions to me until he either leaves for another job, probably abroad, or gets sacked.

He doesn't seem to be planning for the future and hasn't looked to move players out that have been dismal for over 18 months. Apart from Ndiaye there's been no progress from a decent u23 squad on to at least the bench. We've sent 2 players out to the conference who on the performances of some of our so called first team "stars" should be knocking on the door.

I'd have more confidence in him if he had the bollocks to drop certain players but you can pretty much guess the majority of his team and look where that's got us!

One simple solution.....change the system to what these players are used to 352.

The 3-5-2 that we played for the first 5 or 6 matches that yielded us no wins?

No wonder we started picking up points and a few wins since switching formation. Granted MGW and Ndiaye have helped with this but they also wouldn't fit into 3-5-2.

If Slav is still here in Jan and doesn`t get any backing from the board for players he may just walk anyway.

Back
Top Bottom