Slav Out

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don’t disagree with that today. I responded to the claim that our style of play is negative, sideways and backwards. 4th best expected goals (above bournemouth) suggests that it clearly isn’t

If the mongs in defence could do their job for the last 10 minutes of a game alone we’d be 6 points better off & half this criticism wouldn’t be happening
Stats will only tell part of the story, this is a team that is set up with a negative mindset. After the great start yesterday we should have gone for the jugular, but we didn't we just sat back allowed them to get settled back into the game, created nothing for the rest of the half and it was no surprise when they scored. It was coming.

Likewise when we play at home, we don't have any intensity, teams are allowed to settle because of the style of play, the fans are bored after 10 minutes.

Accusations can be levelled at playing personnel, some justified some not, but when we get a free-kick 10 yards in the opposition half the players do not look forward, its sideways or more often than not backwards towards Olsen.

There was an occasion at Forest where we had a nice little break up the left wing that found Enda at the byline. 10 seconds later from a promising position the ball's back with Olsen. Attacking wise, we did create opportunities yesterday but we are not willing to shoot from anywhere further than 10 yards away from the net.

We are playing far too much football facing our own goal. We look like a side that has no structure, no identity, and no game plan.

Slav is responsible for coaching, organising, style of play and the spirit within the team and sadly its not happening.

You can call the players, and as I said some of it is justified, it was surreal yesterday at full time, where half of the crowd at the front were begging for shirts and half of them were getting the pitchforks and rope ready.

Who is the miracle worker you want in?
I don't think it needs a miracle worker.

It needs a manager prepared to accept the capabilities of his players and to organise them on that basis.

We need to do the basics right and protect our goal and then hopefully build from there.

This manager is in denial about his players or is only capable of one way of playing.

We've seen it before with Wier, Heath and others.

Bring in a decent manager and these players will do much better

It needs a manager prepared to accept the capabilities of his players and to organise them on that basis.

We need to do the basics right and protect our goal and then hopefully build from there.

This manager is in denial about his players or is only capable of one way of playing.

I for one can't wait for the hoofball that people seem to want...

I for one can't wait for the hoofball that people seem to want...
It's not about hoof ball. It's about recognising the limitations of your players and organising them to enhance their strengths and minimise their weaknesses.

Wilder did it really well for 3 of his 3 1/2 years in charge and in truth his team just ran out of steam alongside some terrible recruitment.

Slav should be able to see after nearly 20 games that he hasn't got 2 centre halfs who can cope at this level, with direct or quick teams, especially with 2 players in front of them with little defensive strength as well. So regardless of how much nice football we play around the oppositions box, we are always vulnerable to give up easy chances. You can't win many football matches giving away the number of goals and chances we give up, week in, week out.

Many of these players have shown they can play top half of this league, either with us or with other teams, yet today we are deservedly just above the relegation zone with a manager who is now clearly settled on a formation/style of play, that the players are obviously unable to execute.

Don’t you think he’s trying to get them to do the basics right but they are not capable of doing the basics right ?
I genuinely think he players are trying but they are not capable of doing it , the defence especially!

Don’t you think he’s trying to get them to do the basics right but they are not capable of doing the basics right ?
This entire squad have been succesful at this level under different managers. It's likely that some of them have let standards slip and possible that "the legs have gone" for some, but I personally don't buy that. I think Slav is doing a crap job so far

Likewise when we play at home, we don't have any intensity, teams are allowed to settle because of the style of play, the fans are bored after 10 minutes.
This nails it for me. Even when the players are playing to the game plan and doing they are meant to, it is boring as fuck to watch.

Can't remember the matches but we won a game a few weeks ago and I came out the ground thinking what a waste of an afternoon as I had been so bored. Then we lost the next game and I actually enjoyed that match more than the win!

One simple solution.....change the system to what these players are used to 352.

People keep forgetting that these players couldn't function in a 3-5-2 either for the best part of 18 months.

Why can't professional footballers adapt to a 4-2-3-1, which is the 2nd most commonly used formation in the world?

It's not like they are being asked to play with their boots tied together.

I think people are obsessing over the system too much to be honest. The issue is that we have 3 players in our starting 11 who are no longer good enough at this level, with a couple more rapidly following them down the plug hole.

Sharp has scored 2 goals in 16 from open play this season and 5 from his last 55 he offers nothing to threaten other teams defenses + he is missing sitters regularly this season two today

The reason mcburnie & brewster have been poor is they dont get the chances sharp gets he is stunting there growth this season anyway

Its baffling mcburnie/brewster are 10/15 years younger we need them to be the future of the club , Billy sharp is not that is a fact im afraid as much as we all love Billy

McBurnie & Brewster have been given lots of opportunities by 3 different managers. What have you seen, that they haven't, that suggests they're worth blindly persevering with?

You can play down Sharp's contributions and talk about missed chances, but every time he plays he gets himself into good positions to miss. McBurnie & Brewster rarely even have shots on goal.
Sharp brings others into play, Brewster doesn't seem to even know where to stand on a football field. McBurnie offers little to nothing in respects of goal threat or link up. His output is defending corners.

I can come to the table if your argument is that we might as well play them because we've got nothing to lose, we're not going up this season so playing an ageing Sharp is pointless. But all of the other stuff about them not having opportunities and thinking they might be the answer is a nonsense.

If you want to play, train well and when you get on the field play well. Look at Ndiaye & MGW as examples of what can happen if you apply some effort. Your boys are riding the gravy train. Laughing and joking on the bench whilst the lads are 2-0 down at Middlesbrough, warming up laughing and joking with substitutes from the opposition, posting on Instagram, getting into petty scraps pissed up on days out with their mates, getting caught drink driving. The attitudes appalling.

McBurnie & Brewster have been given lots of opportunities by 3 different managers. What have you seen, that they haven't, that suggests they're worth blindly persevering with?

You can play down Sharp's contributions and talk about missed chances, but every time he plays he gets himself into good positions to miss. McBurnie & Brewster rarely even have shots on goal.
Sharp brings others into play, Brewster doesn't seem to even know where to stand on a football field. McBurnie offers little to nothing in respects of goal threat or link up. His output is defending corners.

I can come to the table if your argument is that we might as well play them because we've got nothing to lose, we're not going up this season so playing an ageing Sharp is pointless. But all of the other stuff about them not having opportunities and thinking they might be the answer is a nonsense.

How many games have mcburnie & Brewster started as a striker this season ?

Not once

They don't deserve to start. Re-read last paragraph, edited before your response.

If the clubs happy spunking £40 million on strikers that haven’t been given a run of games in there proper position then that’s upto the club

Mcburnie looked good in the prem at times and Brewster was lost puppy however yesterday shows what he can do when playing down the middle which neither of them have this season

Instead we play sharp who has scored 5 goals in 57 from open play who has no long term prospect of building a team around him which any sensible club does though we aren’t atm as we play bad players and cover that up with loans

Back
Top Bottom