Match Thread Sheffield United v. Wolverhampton Wanderers - 4th November 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
WOLV
WOLV
WOLV
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1698910886464.png vs. 1698910893937.png

Premier League Matchweek 11 - Saturday 4th November 2023 - 15:00 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-wolverhampton-wanderers.667/

Officials:

Referee: Robert Jones
Assistants: Timothy Wood, Wade Smith
Fourth Official: Jeremy Simpson
VAR: Chris Kavanagh
Assistant VAR: Harry Lennard

🚗 Matchday Parking:

Stuck for somewhere to park near the lane? CLICK HERE for Just Park spaces in the area

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 07.40.52.png

Last edited:

I feel for him as a kid & would not wish it on anyone, but honestly Brewster will probably go down as the worst £23 million signing in Premier League history.

I don’t know, the £35m paid for Fabio Silva must be up there.

He had an absolute beast today. Within about 30 seconds of coming on he’d been booked. He then missed an easy header in the box (granted it was given offside anyway) before giving away the penalty. I’m not sure he actually touched the ball.

As an aside to the match, Slimane warming up on the touchline was one of the first to realise that there was a problem with a fan in there South Stand and tried to get the match stopped 💗

Brewster wouldn’t have got injured had the linesman and the ref both not ignored a blatant pull on him 30 seconds earlier. Mind blowing how shit the officials are at supposedly the best league in the world.
Brewster got injured through his own fault.
From the BLUT he kept leaning back into the player instead of turning onto the ball. Instead of trying to get a shot off he wants to get a free kick. When he doesn't get it he got the hump and decided to barge into the players back when the ball was gone over the sideline and injures himself.

He does not make runs. Doesn't close down or tackle. I don't want to see him on the pitch again. Stealing a living.

Some change in attitude in the second half. All were up for the fight and even though we got a punch in the gut with their goal. All credit to the players who went after the game again. First half we were not any way accurate with our passes and messed up when in good positions.
It was great to see a bit of pride back in the team and it was really noticeable how much they were communicating with each other.

Some of the highlights for me were.
Souzas flying tackle.
Archers goal. And later his tackle.
Robinson taking a kick at one of their players.
McAtee and Hamer both busy and trying to create.

I know we have questioned Thomas but I thought he did well in the second half. First half they were overloading down our left side which took him out of position frequently. Archer worked hard even in the first half for little reward. Some goal to get.
Norwood some balls taking that penalty

the 1st half was frustrating as ive known during hecky reign. its like watching England v Spain 15 yrs ago. compared to the oppo, we look amateurs in possession. within a few passes we've lost it . only reason its not 2 or 3-0 down to wolves at HT. was magnificent defence

i don't know what hecky said at HT, because that was 1 heck of a teamtalk as the football it was night & day. utd came out a different team. if we play that level we can stay up. but the problem being ive only seen us play like v everton, 1st half v man utd & 2nd half v wolves

sadly last 10 mins we resorted to our bad habits. giving possession away easily, Norwood was the most guilty of that. & inviting pressure. for me thats a penalty. thats given every week, dont stick your foot in. wolves fans complaining about ref fooled by a "dive" well you reap what you so sow. because 18 for 6ft 7 guy you'd think hed have bit more strength but spent more time on the floor.

& the balls on Norwood my heart rate was beating out of my chest in the stands. dont know how he took that penalty so calmly & considering he was enemy number 1. survival isn't out of the question as yes its utter madness, that weve won & are only 2pts off safety despite the worst start in PL history

Screenshot_20231104_172201_BBC Sport.jpg

I don’t know, the £35m paid for Fabio Silva must be up there.

He had an absolute beast today. Within about 30 seconds of coming on he’d been booked. He then missed an easy header in the box (granted it was given offside anyway) before giving away the penalty. I’m not sure he actually touched the ball.

Nice hair though.

Think we’ll go back to a three at the back for this.
You were spot on , but what a negative 11 - who in the midfield can run with the ball ?
Totally saved today by McAtee coming on.
Very questionable decision by Hecky to have no attacking threat from midfield.
Needed Brewster's injury to get him off the hook.

A lot of bollocks being spouted on here. I watched us v Arsenal last week followed by Wolves v Newcastle. I thought we had no chance today.
But
We bloody well out fought Wolves for 100 minutes today and thoroughly deserved the win.
Stop moaning for a bit and get behind our team.
Y'all deserve another long stint in league one the way you "support" the team and manager by constantly undermining them on here.
UTB & FTP

I'm in Albufeira (Portugal)and watched it live. Had a wolves fan on next table, he went out for a fag, missed their goal went out for another ( nerves obvs getting to him) and missed our winner! Walked off cursing the ref ( even thoigh he never saw the incident) i take pleasure in the knowledge of the last thing he heard was my pissed up rendition of the GCB, fukin quality.

I missed the game today owing to my sister's 70th birthday weekend. Logged on just after Wolves equalised. Waited, as stoppage time stretched ahead interminably, for them to score an inevitable winner. And then it happened...ecstacy...we had scored rather than conceded a very late winner. I am now appropriately inebriated!!

The softest of penalties but I'll take it.

Feel for Brewster. Can't blame him for the injuries, fee and wage. He has the right attitude and I hope he will be back soon.

I'm in Albufeira (Portugal)and watched it live. Had a wolves fan on next table, he went out for a fag, missed their goal went out for another ( nerves obvs getting to him) and missed our winner! Walked off cursing the ref ( even thoigh he never saw the incident) i take pleasure in the knowledge of the last thing he heard was my pissed up rendition of the GCB, fukin quality.
I can understand Portuguese better than the Wolverhampton accent..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom