Match Thread Sheffield United v. Wolverhampton Wanderers - 4th November 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
WOLV
WOLV
WOLV
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1698910886464.png vs. 1698910893937.png

Premier League Matchweek 11 - Saturday 4th November 2023 - 15:00 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-wolverhampton-wanderers.667/

Officials:

Referee: Robert Jones
Assistants: Timothy Wood, Wade Smith
Fourth Official: Jeremy Simpson
VAR: Chris Kavanagh
Assistant VAR: Harry Lennard

🚗 Matchday Parking:

Stuck for somewhere to park near the lane? CLICK HERE for Just Park spaces in the area

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 07.40.52.png

Last edited:

I've gone totally off watching United recently, but I'll tune in as usual until I see the first dodgy referee or var decision and switch off again.

It's almost like footie is scripted in the Premier League these days.

For me apathy has set in ill be going but am only looking forwards to the pre game stuff, think we will lose to several headed goals or a breakaway from one of norwoods floated crosses into the keepers hands, im not looking forwards to seeing us which is a sad state of affairs. But it only needs the players to show a modicome of effort and ill be right behing them, here hoping for a miracle

If we have a go at them their fast counters will rip us apart and it will finish around 1-3 to Wolves.

If we sit in the low block and try to nick something inevitably our shaky makeshift defence will concede at some point it will finish around 0-2 to Wolves.

Basically unless we have a large amount of luck we look screwed in this one.

We have to live in the hope that Wolves are a team we can target putting in a performance that will result in us capable of winning.

BUT Wolves are in fine form, and have been surprising this season. I actually thought they were looking prime for a proper relegation scrap it's looking less likely at the min.

I keep saying it but for us to win any match we need to perform better and for longer periods in games. Do this and results will come.
And whilst we are depleted and have some obvious lacking in quality in area's we should be able to muster more than we have done so far.

Wolves are quite flexible mixing between a 442 - ish and 343 ish formations.

I would suggest a bit of a change since last time out:

Wes
Baldock, Trusty, Robinson, Bogle/Larouchi
Hamer, Norwood, Souza/Fleck/Osborn
McAtee
Brewster, Archer

The above I would hope strengthens the RWB role as Baldock is stronger than Bogle. And at LWB I think Thomas hasn't been as decent ever since his Everton introduction. So perhaps time to try another there.
Hamer in what should be more his actual position and then probably Norwood and one of the other midfielders to pick from. Happy to try Slimane but he seems less favoured aside from last weeks match.
McAtee behind two strikers who it would seem Brewster is more favoured to Traore.

Who do we think will get injured in this one?

Christmas not far off - ideal time to be out for a few weeks with a 'minor' injury.

Wes breaking his hand catching a corner?
Norwood stubbing his toe at kick off?
Brewster falling over a pigeon?
JLTs left arm falling off from a long throw?

Interestingly OPTA giving us a 60% chance of getting a win or draw against Wolves.

A model I follow also says we've pretty much got a 52% chance of getting something from the game. It's called looking at the first book I use and seeing Wolves are evens

this is it this the game that we have to win. if we lose if sad end to great managerial era that we owe so much to. if we beat wolves. we go level with Burnley & pt behind luton. despite the worst start in PL history. things look a tiny bit brighter

if we come out like we did b everton or 1st half of man utd there no reasons why we cant.

Really think we will win this one

Read yesterday the players had a meeting amongst themselves to air there views, hopefully some home truths have been said and the players come out with a bit of fight
They all agread that them 2 posts and the crossbar with a bit of netting on is were the ball should end to score goals What left them scratching there heads is how the fuck are we suppose to do that, when we can't get out of our half😊

this is it this the game that we have to win. if we lose if sad end to great managerial era that we owe so much to. if we beat wolves. we go level with Burnley & pt behind luton. despite the worst start in PL history. things look a tiny bit brighter

if we come out like we did b everton or 1st half of man utd there no reasons why we cant.
We won’t win this match, Wolves are better in so many areas management being one of them, I really hope I’m wrong

Both teams have played Newcastle at home.
I watched both teams games last week and the difference between the way they played and we 'played' was night and day,they were aggressive laced with plenty of skill,had an edge,strength and attitude,we had nothing

Back
Top Bottom