Match Thread Sheffield United v. West Bromwich Albion - 2nd February 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
WES
WES
WES
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1612129409853.png v. 1612129418715.png
EPL Week 22 - Tuesday 2nd February 2021 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-west-bromwich-albion.530/

Officials:

Referee:
TBC
Assistant Referee: TBC
Assistant Referee: TBC
Fourth Official: TBC
Video Assistant Referee: TBC
Additional Video Assistant Referee: TBC

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-01-31 at 21.42.47.png

If it wasn't for this fucking covid and we had a full house every game just imagine how many losses would have been turned into draws, and draws into wins, we would have got more points away as well, of that I'm absolutely convinced, I think we could be at least mid table.

We won by sheer force of will. Better team over all but they were shit and we struggled a bit. Conditions were awful though.

We're still going down but at least it's no longer embarrassing and we have a fair chance of at least not finishing bottom.

Ramsdale - 6 - Possibly could have done better for the goal but awful conditions. Made a point blank save second half which was kind of at him. Punched well a couple of times
Bogle - 7 - If only our striker were as clinical as Bogle! Defensively up and down but a threat going forward
Ampadu -4 - Gave the ball away terribly in both halves and was too weak to even foul his man so Fleck had to take a booking. Weak and sloppy. Sorry, he's a liability.
Egan - 6 - Battled well with their big lad but lost a fair few battles. Took a bit too long on the ball, at times.
Basham - 8 - Man of the match. Decent at the back but constantly pushing forward and caused so much danger
Baldock - 5 - Thought he gave away a lot of stupid fouls with his trademark should to throat/stomach/head challenges. I hope he's not out for long
Fleck - 7 - Back to his best now and had a good game. drove is forward and put some great crosses in
Norwood -5 - Sloppy and poor. Right to be hooked at half-time
Lundstram - 6 - Still far too slow with the ball but got in some good positions
McGoldrick - 7 - Put in a shift. Beat a couple of men and had a decent shot first half. Did something similar in the second. Dropped back later on and did well
Sharp - 5.5 - About to be subbed off when he scored. Thought he was relatively non-existent first half but did better in the second.

Subs

Lowe - 5 - He likes to get forward but final ball not exactly the best. Neither is the defensive side but we're more dangerous with him on.
McBurnie - 6 - Dropped and picked the ball up well. A bit sloppy with it but dangerous
Burke -4 - Ran around but stupidly gave a couple of fouls away

Wilder - 6 - We looked ok first half and unlucky to go in behind. Better second half and more desire and intent but still a bit lucky despite being the better team. The ball dropped for us. Lucky with the Sharp non substitute.
On what planet did Bambi on ice, on for 45 minutes in which he turned over possession more than ANY other player on the pitch score a higher grading than the bloke that scored the winner ?

Staggering 🥴 .

UTB

Amps 4 what tosh. The kid gave it away a couple of times and carried forward on a run and lost it. But he was pushing forward and scrapping as though his life depended on it. Pre meditated scoring totally pointless. Well done lads to every last one of you- for once you got what you deserved, and second half not one of you scored less than 8.

Can’t believe Wilder nutted the fourth official and fucking Ramsdale, what was he doing for their third? 😉

I might be in a minority but I thought Rammers was unlucky with their goal. Fantastic save 2nd half, he wasnt to know it was offside.

Billy Sharp 5.5 ?

So if he hadn’t delivered the cross that lead to the first goal and scored the second with the instinct and clinical finish that only the finest goal poachers possess , what score would you have given him , minus 2 ?

Sussed it if I turn off at half time until the end of the season we're staying up. And I won £28 as well!!!!

2021 going well so far
win any game of football ☑️
win in the premier league ☑️
beat derby's record ☑️
get off the bottom
get a respectable point total
survival

We won by sheer force of will. Better team over all but they were shit and we struggled a bit. Conditions were awful though.

We're still going down but at least it's no longer embarrassing and we have a fair chance of at least not finishing bottom.

Ramsdale - 6 - Possibly could have done better for the goal but awful conditions. Made a point blank save second half which was kind of at him. Punched well a couple of times
Bogle - 7 - If only our striker were as clinical as Bogle! Defensively up and down but a threat going forward
Ampadu -4 - Gave the ball away terribly in both halves and was too weak to even foul his man so Fleck had to take a booking. Weak and sloppy. Sorry, he's a liability.
Egan - 6 - Battled well with their big lad but lost a fair few battles. Took a bit too long on the ball, at times.
Basham - 8 - Man of the match. Decent at the back but constantly pushing forward and caused so much danger
Baldock - 5 - Thought he gave away a lot of stupid fouls with his trademark should to throat/stomach/head challenges. I hope he's not out for long
Fleck - 7 - Back to his best now and had a good game. drove is forward and put some great crosses in
McGoldrick - 7 - Put in a shift. Beat a couple of men and had a decent shot first half. Did something similar in the second. Dropped back later on and did well
Sharp - 5.5 - About to be subbed off when he scored. Thought he was relatively non-existent first half but did better in the second.

Subs

Lowe - 5 - He likes to get forward but final ball not exactly the best. Neither is the defensive side but we're more dangerous with him on.
McBurnie - 6 - Dropped and picked the ball up well. A bit sloppy with it but dangerous

Wilder - 6 - We looked ok first half and unlucky to go in behind. Better second half and more desire and intent but still a bit lucky despite being the better team. The ball dropped for us. Lucky with the Sharp non substitute.
What a load of complete bollocks....fuck off.

I mean, if West Brom are our promotion rivals if we’re relegated, we’re curb-stomping the Championship next year

Can’t believe we lost 1-0 to that lot
Neither could some of the WB fans according to tonight's "View from"

“We saw it at the hawthorns and we saw it again tonight – they are miles better drillled than we are.
And MILES fitter.”

“Let’s face it, this is basically the same performance from both sides in the reverse fixture. They missed 4 or 5 sitters in that game. They should have had 6 points off us not 3"

fantastic win that & its no understatement to say that half time talk probably went something like "youve got 45 mins to save your season" because dont need to say on here that we cant afford to slip up v our relegation rivals. our season was dead if we hadn't turned it around

but delighted 1 thing you cant fault in 2021 is the fight. they always comeback fighting now. great spirit. Billy Deserved that goal as we were only ones interested in winning the game. mainly because we had to. we know all too well you have to make your dominance count in PL we didnt 1st half & did 2nd half. but i feel we need in this must win games v rivals. go 3412 like the championship & league 1. because it was like Duffy days in wilders 2nd season. games where 352 no Duffy slow & ponderous. bring duffy on 3412 & we are different team far more dangerous

now isnt it 5 wins out of 7 after none in 18 including cups & imagine saying after that atrocious display v Palace. although Chabuddy G would still say we shouldve sacked wilder as eddie Howe wouldve won all 7

Subs

I'd quit the ratings game dude as you are miles off with some of them...summed up by the Rammers comment ..."made a point blank save which was kind of at him" ...it wasnt , he stretched an arm out to get the ball and it was a save which, if Hendo had made it, people would be rubbing one off about it for weeks. As for your Sharp rating...jesus wept. Strange cos you are usually spot on with your posts from memory.

I might be in a minority but I thought Rammers was unlucky with their goal. Fantastic save 2nd half, he wasnt to know it was offside.
Couldn’t fault Ramsdale at all tonight. Double save before they put the ball in the net & if our defence had reacted half as quick maybe Phillips wouldn’t have had an unchallenged tap in.
Pretty much controlled things 1st half but not ruthless enough in final third & as usual looked much more threatening after the 2nd half reshuffle with Didzy playing a bit deeper.

fantastic win that & its no understatement to say that half time talk probably went something like "youve got 45 mins to save your season" because dont need to say on here that we cant afford to slip up v our relegation rivals. our season was dead if we hadn't turned it around

but delighted 1 thing you cant fault in 2021 is the fight. they always comeback fighting now. great spirit. Billy Deserved that goal as we were only ones interested in winning the game. mainly because we had to. we know all too well you have to make your dominance count in PL we didnt 1st half & did 2nd half. but i feel we need in this must win games v rivals. go 3412 like the championship & league 1. because it was like Duffy days in wilders 2nd season. games where 352 no Duffy slow & ponderous. bring duffy on 3412 & we are different team far more dangerous

now isnt it 5 wins out of 7 after none in 18 including cups & imagine saying after that atrocious display v Palace. although Chabuddy G would still say we shouldve sacked wilder as eddie Howe wouldve won all 7
Yawn. There’s been an upturn in results you bore. It’s come out of nowhere. You certainly didn’t predict that, no one did.

Subs

Fuck me.

I'd quit the ratings game dude as you are miles off with some of them...summed up by the Rammers comment ..."made a point blank save which was kind of at him" ...it wasnt , he stretched an arm out to get the ball and it was a save which, if Hendo had made it, people would be rubbing one off about it for weeks. As for your Sharp rating...jesus wept. Strange cos you are usually spot on with your posts from memory.

Just watched the save again (admittedly the first time was on a small screen) and whilst he makes himself big (very well) it hits him. Pure and simple.

As far Sharp, he was that effective that he was about to be subbed off before he scored, he was doing that well! (and yes, I realise there are strong positive opinions about him on here). I was maybe a little harsh but his overall game just isn't there for me.

Last edited:
You know about opinions and arseholes. So i wont give mine. It wasnt too pretty tonight but who gives a fuck. These lads have some confidence and belief again. The run in is going to be exciting thats for sure. And should the worse happen, like on the Titanic, “we shall go down dressed as gentlemen”. UTB

Back
Top Bottom