Match Thread Sheffield United v. West Bromwich Albion - 2nd February 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
WES
WES
WES
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1612129409853.png v. 1612129418715.png
EPL Week 22 - Tuesday 2nd February 2021 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-west-bromwich-albion.530/

Officials:

Referee:
TBC
Assistant Referee: TBC
Assistant Referee: TBC
Fourth Official: TBC
Video Assistant Referee: TBC
Additional Video Assistant Referee: TBC

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-01-31 at 21.42.47.png

That was pleasing. I am pleased.

Relentless that second half. That's the drive, effort, endeavour required now for the rest of the season.

Fully deserved win,you could see the desire was there from the off,i closed my eyes when it look like they would score when i opened them Basham was coming away with the ball,seeing the replay i have to say a big pat on the back to Wilders pet Rabbit for an astonishing save.

Billy Sharp hero.

Glad to say I said nothing, but my God I was pissed off when they made it 1-0

I don't tend to get as emotive when it's on TV
But the things I called the stupid don't know whats for not clearing the danger must have been heard three streets away

Fair fucking play to every single one of them lads, looked like it was gonna play out a 1-0 at half time but second half came out and battered them. Basham and fleck outstanding. Billy scores of course and Bogle was MOTM for me, gonna be a good player that kid.

We were shocking in the first half tbh I'm sure wilder would say the same

I don't think he would.

We were disappointing going forward relative to the general control of the game we had, but not shocking. Not by the definition of the word 'shocking' that I understand anyway.

Bash was immense, Bogle, Fleck, Lunny, and the Fat lad from Sheffield with the winner.
Blades still alive, still a mountain to climb, but fight to the end..proud of them again tonight.

Brilliant! but as a half time bedwetter I had my doubts 😆

We won by sheer force of will. Better team over all but they were shit and we struggled a bit. Conditions were awful though.

We're still going down but at least it's no longer embarrassing and we have a fair chance of at least not finishing bottom.

Ramsdale - 6 - Possibly could have done better for the goal but awful conditions. Made a point blank save second half which was kind of at him. Punched well a couple of times
Bogle - 7 - If only our striker were as clinical as Bogle! Defensively up and down but a threat going forward
Ampadu -4 - Gave the ball away terribly in both halves and was too weak to even foul his man so Fleck had to take a booking. Weak and sloppy. Sorry, he's a liability.
Egan - 6 - Battled well with their big lad but lost a fair few battles. Took a bit too long on the ball, at times.
Basham - 8 - Man of the match. Decent at the back but constantly pushing forward and caused so much danger
Baldock - 5 - Thought he gave away a lot of stupid fouls with his trademark should to throat/stomach/head challenges. I hope he's not out for long
Fleck - 7 - Back to his best now and had a good game. drove is forward and put some great crosses in
Norwood -5 - Sloppy and poor. Right to be hooked at half-time
Lundstram - 6 - Still far too slow with the ball but got in some good positions
McGoldrick - 7 - Put in a shift. Beat a couple of men and had a decent shot first half. Did something similar in the second. Dropped back later on and did well
Sharp - 5.5 - About to be subbed off when he scored. Thought he was relatively non-existent first half but did better in the second.

Subs

Lowe - 5 - He likes to get forward but final ball not exactly the best. Neither is the defensive side but we're more dangerous with him on.
McBurnie - 6 - Dropped and picked the ball up well. A bit sloppy with it but dangerous
Burke -4 - Ran around but stupidly gave a couple of fouls away

Wilder - 6 - We looked ok first half and unlucky to go in behind. Better second half and more desire and intent but still a bit lucky despite being the better team. The ball dropped for us. Lucky with the Sharp non substitute.

Glad to say I said nothing, but my God I was pissed off when they made it 1-0

I don't tend to get as emotive when it's on TV
But the things I called the stupid don't know whats for not clearing the danger must have been heard three streets away

I wasn’t so angry because at least we looked decent first half...just no cutting edge.
My anger is when we look a poor outfit and struggle to string 2 or 3 passes together.

Thought we looked really good 2nd half...McGoldrick gives us that bit of creativity we miss.

I wasn’t so angry because at least we looked decent first half...just no cutting edge.
My anger is when we look a poor outfit and struggle to string 2 or 3 passes together.
Yeah, it works the other way with me.

If we'd been absolutely garbage I'd have shrugged, laughed and turned over the channel to watch something funny "Only Fools & Horses" is favourite

It was the fact that we weren't that bad and still conceded out of nowhere that pissed me off so much

Back
Top Bottom