Match Thread Sheffield United v. West Bromwich Albion - 2nd February 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
WES
WES
WES
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1612129409853.png v. 1612129418715.png
EPL Week 22 - Tuesday 2nd February 2021 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-west-bromwich-albion.530/

Officials:

Referee:
TBC
Assistant Referee: TBC
Assistant Referee: TBC
Fourth Official: TBC
Video Assistant Referee: TBC
Additional Video Assistant Referee: TBC

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-01-31 at 21.42.47.png

A game we MUST win. A couple of changes needed I feel. Enda back in at LWB (if fit) and Bogle to take over from George at RWB as the more attacking option. Rest of defence & midfield picks itself.
Front 2 will be Didzy plus one. Many will want Billy to play but I think it will be McBurnie. Big Sam will look to dominate both penalty boxes with physicality and expose our aerial weakness at set pieces. McBurnie will be an important to us tomorrow night.

UTB

In the nicest possible way I hope that McBurnie isn't fit to start. I'd go with Didzy and Burke up top to start and try and get in behind them. If Wilder thinks we won't have room behind then Sharp should start.

After this weekends results i think escaping relegation has just become an impossibility.

I would still like us to beat WBA tho.

Like #4 above dont play McBurnie he breaks our flow and gives needless fouls away,Burke will be itching to score,i do think that black lad from Galatasaray is dangerous and will make our back 3 nervous.

After this weekends results i think escaping relegation has just become an impossibility.
Not sure about that CBB. Most of us seem to be pinning our hopes on catching Brighton, but Burnley and Newcastle should also be in our sights. Still a very tough ask though mate.

Not sure about that CBB. Most of us seem to be pinning our hopes on catching Brighton, but Burnley and Newcastle should also be in our sights. Still a very tough ask though mate.
Its our luck that when we played Spurs,Kane played and secured the win for them,and Doumbele had a MOM performance,yet yesterday and to Brightons benefit,there was no Kane and Doumbele had a shit game and got sub'd,thats how the cards are falling for us (Man U excepted).

Not surprised about Newcastle winning with Stmaximinimum playing.

It's a must must must win .No other result will do .Why not play Billy and McGoldrick again ,against Man U our front two look dangerous for the first time in months ,Billy not only knows where the back of the net is he seems to be the missing link between mid field and the strikers.We seem to flow a lot better.

Hopefully the lads can take the positives from the last couple of games and get a result. I'll go 1-0 with Billy scoring. Avoiding relegation seems impossible but if they can finish ahead of WBA and Fulham that will give them a boost heading into next season.

Its our luck that when we played Spurs,Kane played and secured the win for them,and Doumbele had a MOM performance,yet yesterday and to Brightons benefit,there was no Kane and Doumbele had a shit game and got sub'd,thats how the cards are falling for us (Man U excepted).

Yep, I thought the same thing. Kane will back in plenty of time to face us in the return no doubt, just as Ndombele hits form again!

Given this a lot of thought. Last chance Saloon for our boys this one. Even then, looks a mighty task.

Everything considered, given where the game is right now and the struggles of clubs financially from the Championship down, has there been a bigger game in the clubs entire history ?

I am not sure there has been tbh.

Huge game. 3 points the only satisfactory outcome.

UTB

If ever there was a must win game for us it’s this one , and our approach to the game should reflect that .

Two things I’d love to see but almost certainly won’t are :-
1) Billy and Burke up front with Didzy just behind and (2) a total abandonment of the practice of working it back to the goalkeeper from the halfway line or even beyond , resulting in a hoof upfield which is at least 60/40 in the defenders favour .

The latter has been driving me crazy all season and we are by far the biggest culprits in the league in that respect. Whilst it may very occasionally be justified against the very best sides , I don’t believe there is any excuse for it against the lesser ones and it is high time it is knocked in the head .

If it is once again in evidence tomorrow , it reflects very badly on both the players , the coaching staff and the manager for allowing it to happen and could cost us the 3 points we desperately need .

If ever there was a must win game for us it’s this one , and our approach to the game should reflect that .

1) Billy and Burke up front with Didzy just behind and (2) a total abandonment of the practice of working it back to the goalkeeper from the halfway line or even beyond , resulting in a hoof upfield which is at least 60/40 in the defenders favour .

The latter has been driving me crazy all season and we are by far the biggest culprits in the league in that respect. Whilst it may very occasionally be justified against the very best sides , I don’t believe there is any excuse for it against the lesser ones and it is high time it is knocked in the head .

If it is once again in evidence tomorrow , it reflects very badly on both the players , the coaching staff and the manager for allowing it to happen and could cost us the 3 points we desperately need .
Well said Joe that's been one of my major gripes all season, we work it nicely to halfway line or just past then all of a sudden it's back in Ramsdale's arms. Tomorrow really is a shit or bust game if we play like we have done for past few games I see us beating them, as long as we don't go in front and start pissing about with the ball as we've been known to do and letting them back into it.

And looking at Brightons goal, Spurs didn’t want to defend. They must have been taking tips from us.

WBA have brought a few in the window a different lineup from our last meeting.
Their new lads need a few games before they gell though.

HOW have they managed to get maitland niles
Do they have this thing called ’desire’?
I remember having that. Anyway that is another story and irrelevant.
Whatever, we need to turn up with lots of it tomorrow night.
9:30pm. Looks like no one arriving to boost whatever it is we want,

If we're going to salvage anything from this season we desperately need a good win.

Referee: Paul Tierney.
Assistants: Lee Betts, Harry Lennard.
Fourth official: Darren Bond.
VAR: Peter Bankes.
Assistant VAR: Neil Davies.

So after the pretty decent performance but ultimately pointless at the weekend we welcome West Brom to BDBL in a last chance game I'd say. Win this and who knows, though still a tall order. Fail to win and it is all over...

So..

Any team news? :)

One or two returning?

But stick with the same starters?

Another difficult game but perform as we have in one or two of the recent games then we should have enough. 2 nil Blades win and Brewster scores at last lol....

UTB

Looking like Sheffield is in for a load of snow today.
Will we be able to keep the pitch playable?

So after the pretty decent performance but ultimately pointless at the weekend we welcome West Brom to BDBL in a last chance game I'd say. Win this and who knows, though still a tall order. Fail to win and it is all over...

So..

Any team news? :)

One or two returning?

But stick with the same starters?

Another difficult game but perform as we have in one or two of the recent games then we should have enough. 2 nil Blades win and Brewster scores at last lol....

UTB
Two unnecessary uses of “So” in one post. My head might explode 🤯

Odds for a home win have lengthened.
Was odds on home win, now just evens for home win. Maybe due to West Broms successful transfer activity?

Looking like Sheffield is in for a load of snow today.
Will we be able to keep the pitch playable?

The match will definitely be played.
Temperatures are due to increase throughout the day. The snow is already starting to melt away.
Also the latest forcast is for rain today....it’s not cold enough for snow.

Actually this is the only example where a lock down is a positive.
The pavements and side roads will still probably still be bad tonight..
If we had 30K fans turning up tonight....the SAG would probably postpone the match...on safety grounds around the stadium.

Given the progression we have seen in the last 6 or so games, I’d have thought that “hoof it to McPub” would have been permanently abandoned in to Room 101. Be utter madness to revert back now.

Wouldn’t it !

UTB

WBA have brought a few in the window a different lineup from our last meeting.
Their new lads need a few games before they gell though.

I'd put the 'needs a few games to gel' theory into the cliches thread. I understand the principle but, if anything, new players might try even harder than usual in their first few games. Vas Borbokis didn't need much time to gel when he had the game of his life against Sunderland. Bobby Davison certainly didn't need to play himself in over a few games. We shouldn't take anything for granted here.

Back
Top Bottom