Match Thread Sheffield United v. Tottenham Hotspur - 17th January 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
TOTT
TOTT
TOTT
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1610750585640.png v. 1610750600016.png
EPL Week 19 - Sunday 17th January 2021 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-tottenham-hotspur.527/

Officials:

Referee:
Andre Marriner
Assistant Referee: Richard West
Assistant Referee: Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Robert Jones
Video Assistant Referee: Mike Dean
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Andy Halliday

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2021-01-17 at 12.25.18.png

Last edited:

Not seen this video posted (forgive me if it is) but an indication of who is available Sunday. Noticed Simon Moore was training with the keepers assume it was him shouted "Simon"

Still don’t fancy us, one swallow doesn’t make a summer and all that. But I’m definitely more optimistic pre match than I have been for months!

I think of the next three fixtures there’s this and potentially we could maybe sneak a point from. Spurs struggled to break down Fulham through so will be looking for a reaction so we could get annihilated.

If we could could keep Kane and Son quiet then we may get something but it’s a big if. When either are on form it’s a completely different level and I can see out weak back line keeping them out.

Rammers not getting both hands round the ball again!

Good to see however the likes of Lunny and his actions on the ball. Receive - look up - turn head - stay aware - deliver - start moving. Always looking for the outlet. Why does it all change once we're out there for real?

pommpey

Spurs record at our place is not good
Really think if the good blades team shows up there is a positive result to be had
Jose has had better results this season but at times Spurs look a bit disjointed .
They really faded second half v Fulham.
Just need a 5 or 6 points from next 5 games to keep us ticking over till OConnell returns

I think of the next three fixtures there’s this and potentially we could maybe sneak a point from. Spurs struggled to break down Fulham through so will be looking for a reaction so we could get annihilated.

If we could could keep Kane and Son quiet then we may get something but it’s a big if. When either are on form it’s a completely different level and I can see out weak back line keeping them out.
Will be a hard task keeping them 2 quiet, they are, IMO the best strike partnership in world club football, but you never know

Has to be same team To start if they’re all fit.

Not seen this video posted (forgive me if it is) but an indication of who is available Sunday. Noticed Simon Moore was training with the keepers assume it was him shouted "Simon"

We've certainly got plenty of keepers. Desso and undersoil heating proving useful again.

It’s my bday tomorrow, brings back memories sat on the Kop on my bday when we thrashed the pigs 3-1 with that Brown wonder strike! Same result tomoz would do! Brewster to score a similar beauty!
It's my birthday tomorrow too, hopefully those Southern twats won't ruin it!

Need to get 3 pts from today as we won't get anything against the Manchester sides {well most likely} to even be with a outside shot heading into WBA

After a fantastic start to the season, it seems that Spurs have reverted to classic Mourinho now. Take the lead and try to defend it for the rest of the match and nick a 2nd on the break.

I can see us having some decent possession and fancy us to give them a game. I do worry what might happen when Son runs at us though.

Genuinely think this could go either way, but I would happily take a draw just to keep a bit of momentum going.

Don’t think there’s any chance of us getting something. Although with Deano on VAR anything could happen.

Spurs are a bizarre side at the moment. Kane playshalf a game in midfield. He drops back and then stays back. Makes no sense to me. Jose also plays defensive midfielders, so there's basically Son attacking.

We are playing them, like we played Newcastle, at the best possible time. Who knows. Keep their left back quiet and we have a chance of getting something.

If we play like we did against Newcastle then we stand an outside chance of getting a draw.

The reason I say draw is because it still looks like we need an open goal and the ball placing on the line to have a chance of scoring and Rambo is like a 2 year old child learning to catch. Drops 95% of everything and when he does catch/block something has that look of astonishment.

Spurs are a bizarre side at the moment. Kane playshalf a game in midfield. He drops back and then stays back. Makes no sense to me. Jose also plays defensive midfielders, so there's basically Son attacking.

We are playing them, like we played Newcastle, at the best possible time. Who knows. Keep their left back quiet and we have a chance of getting something.
Impossible to keep that left back quiet. He squeals like a piglet if someone gets within a yard of him

Same line up as we had for Newcastle for me, we looked more like it..feeling positive that we can get a result.
Son always worries me the most for them,although hopefully Aurier,Winks and Dier in their line up will give me hope.

Back
Top Bottom