Match Thread Sheffield United v. Southampton - 14th Sept 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
SOUT
SOUT
SOUT
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1568362838543.png v. 1568362845216.png

EPL Week 5 - Saturday 14th September 2019 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-southampton.469/

Officials:

Referee:
Lee Mason
Assistant Referee: Marc Perry
Assistant Referee: Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Ben Toner
Video Assistant Referee: John Brooks
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Darren Cann

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-09-13 at 09.22.56.png

I think fleck can consider himself extremely fortunate to be recalled. Luke freeman has done nothing wrong and has looked our most creative player.

That’s my worry, we’re playing a team we should be really looking to attack and we’re playing a more negative lineup.

I would’ve gone with Freeman playing behind the front two and really got at Southampton.

It looks to me we're looking to keep it tight first half then attack second, but in my opinion we should go for it from the first whistle, because I believe the first goal could be crucial today

Again, another example that Wilder is his own man, which in my view is exactly what we need as our manager. Of course I understand the questions or disappointment about Freeman's exclusion from the first team, but Wilder is in possession of information that most supporters are not invited to add their tuppence worth to. Wilder and Knill will see things, during the week, that add to their opinion about who is worthy of taking their place in the first eleven. The big plus is that for the first time in many years, probably decades, we have a squad of strength and options, where previously we just had players who were on the bench for a very good reason.

I can definitely see Luke Freeman coming on most likely Lys too
It does seem a little defensive as a starting lineup
Hope we don’t end up chasing the game

Thank god for JOC , Baldock , Egan , Bash and Stevens . We used to be not as good at the back !

Opps this was off another thread , but might as well leave it on lol

Fleck needs to prove a point Today
Fook me , Fleck needs to prove nothing to me the guy is class and has been for the past 3 years !

I'm sure Wilder has his reasons for doing so, maybe Freeman has picked up a late knock, but it does seem odd to start Fleck ahead of him. Also Besic on the bench ahead of Morrison also seems quite negative.

We say these things then we'll win 3-1 and say Wilder has done it again.

My guess is that maybe Soton like to play through the middle away from home and not down the wings, so Wilder is setting up to counter the threat so we can get it wide quickly and exploit the gaps.

In Wilder we trust but at home againat one of the poorer teams in the division I dont understand why we dont have a Freeman type playing. Just like I didnt understand when Duffy didnt start but that usually worked out ok.

Disappointed Freeman is out. We look much better with him in the team. Very good player.

I love our options up front. Five forwards, each brings something different to the table.

Surprised to see Freeman left out but he's gone for a more defensive line-up. However, when Fleck has been out injured and it takes him a while to get on his game. I feel we'll again give a side too much respect then try and fight back to get some points.

Really wanted to play with Freeman today, but let's see how the first half turns out. Could be the perfect game-changer in the 2nd half if things don't go smooth.

Didsy has to score that chance. Any of the other 4 strikers at the club scores that

I love Didsy, but looking at the Freeman situation it does seem there are inconsistent standards that Wilder deems warrant being dropped.

Good half, end to end enjoyable to watch. Should be about 4-4.
Ref is shit.

Here come the posts that seem to completely ignore the value McGoldrick brings to the team in terms of his link up play.

Back
Top Bottom