Match Thread Sheffield United v. Southampton - 14th Sept 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
SOUT
SOUT
SOUT
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1568362838543.png v. 1568362845216.png

EPL Week 5 - Saturday 14th September 2019 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-southampton.469/

Officials:

Referee:
Lee Mason
Assistant Referee: Marc Perry
Assistant Referee: Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Ben Toner
Video Assistant Referee: John Brooks
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Darren Cann

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-09-13 at 09.22.56.png

This weekend I imagine as Uni website says "Orientation Week will be held between 16th-20th September 2019"

There will be some students moving this weekend (as there have been all week), and there are some orientation activities happening next week, but Freshers' week for the Uni of is from the 23rd & the expectation is that most students will be moving in next weekend. Not sure about Hallam.

Tough game which will be very close. One we really need to be looking at winning.

"must win" already?
It's going to be a hell of a season...

Warnock went down on a single goal.

Games against relegation rivals are always must win. It's silly to say otherwise.

At the end of the season, it could easily end up been us or Southampton dropping with a couple of points difference. So yeah, it's a must win.

Following four games of finding their feet in the top flight, the Blades will finally kick into high gear today with a 4-0 demolition

I fancy our chances but do think Adams will score, if he starts. He's due to.

But hasn't every home win for about 5 years been without conceding?

Expect under 3 goals. So I'll say 2-0 or 1-1.

Robinson highly doubtful today. So probably McBurnie and Didsy up top.
Also hearing that Fleck is likely to return 👍

Read a Saints fans guide earlier and apparently...

".. the Blades boast physically-imposing players who are strong in the air..."

Of course. It's obvious our only threat is from corners!

This is one we’d have looked at at the start of season as a good chance for 3 points. They’ll be dangerous at times but if we can keep up the same performance as previous games we’ll win this 2-0. Mcburnie and Lunny

Thinking about it, although I’ve watched PL football regularly I couldn’t actually name Southampton’s first team. I couldn’t even say exactly how they play under the current manager (or spell his name without checking).

Robinson highly doubtful today. So probably McBurnie and Didsy up top.
Also hearing that Fleck is likely to return 👍
Give them away to the least fortunate kids in a conurbation of over 1 million population - but if course , don't let them move around to better seats until half time , so the payers don't resent their presence.

Crucial 6 pointer versus a relegation rival.

6lOY4a7RdDxA.gif

It's not like they have the tallest player in the league or anything....

Thinking about it, although I’ve watched PL football regularly I couldn’t actually name Southampton’s first team. I couldn’t even say exactly how they play under the current manager (or spell his name without checking).

Or pronounce it! 😁

Hope for a win, would like to see our Bill n Moosey score today, equally, I'd like to see Adams schooled by JOC and Egan.
Be nice to get a clean sheet for Hendo too, but then were returning from the international break, and we can be dire after those, so I want us to put a performance in, and play like it's a cup final!!

COYRAWW!!!!!

Because ..... ?
You see Soton as above the scrap for survival ?
You see us above it ?

No point waiting till March to identify the 6 pointers.

Everton , Liverpool , Arsenal & Spurs are not 6 pointers.

Soton , Burnley & Watford are.

Give them away to the least fortunate kids in a conurbation of over 1 million population - but if course , don't let them move around to better seats until half time , so the payers don't resent their presence.

eh? Have I missed summat?

Let’s put the international curse to bed like we have our normal first few games of poor form!

Personally think it will be 1-1

Because ..... ?
You see us above it ?

Agreed

Warnock's season we played Fulham early on and lost 1-0 If we'd won, they'd have gone down instead of us. Even if we got a drew we'd have stayed up instead of Wigan.

Premier League seasons are always gonna be tight. Even this early, matches vs relegation rivals are six pointers. Can't be dropping points against them.

Because ..... ?
You see us above it ?

It's hard to tell. There are always some surprise packages; teams tipped to do well that falter, and teams written off that end doing well. Us or Southampton could be one of those teams - it's too early to tell. Hence why it's too early to call it a 6 pointer, in my opinion at least. You dont have to wait until March, but we're not even 5 games in yet.

eh? Have I missed summat?
Yep - what to do with RV seats.
There are still good seats left for this afternoon , so no one's gonna pay full price for an RV seat.
I dunno what's happened to the big chunk of RV seats in BLUT 1 , that's at the John Street side of BLUT.
They are not available for sale on the website , but I can't imagine they've all been bought ahead of good seats , so where are they ?
It seems the club has taken them "off sale" but why ?
If they have given them to deserving recipients , that's laudable , but why not publicise such a charitable act for our community ?
I'd love to know if they all remain empty , but since I'm in Greece , I won't find out unless someone tells me.

Would have deffo kept freeman in the team and maybe mousset for didz as these are the games we should be going far.

What do I know still a great team UTB!!!

I think fleck can consider himself extremely fortunate to be recalled. Luke freeman has done nothing wrong and has looked our most creative player.

Back
Top Bottom