Match Thread Sheffield United v. Manchester City - 31st October 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
MANC
MANC
MANC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1603834862445.png v. 1603834866095.png
EPL Week 7 - Saturday 31st October 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-manchester-city.515/

Officials:

Referee:
Michael Oliver
Assistant Referee: Stuart Burt
Assistant Referee: Simon Bennett
Fourth Official: Peter Bankes
Video Assistant Referee: Paul Tierney
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Andy Halliday

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

1603834984550.png

Shame that we have only tried to keep the ball and take the game to them since going behind.

I dont get it. We're never holding city to a clean sheet, so should assume we have to score. Individuals not playing well, but its tough when we appear to be conceding games from kickoff.

Signs of life towards the end. Did our midfield even touch the ball in the first half hour? Looked tough!

I'm calling it - Wilder needs to change, don't want to get rid if the guy but where has last seasons bottle gone? As said previous his attitude is like a man already beaten.
Hes under big big pressure for me if we take our rose tinted glasses off weve been shit since end of last season and it doesn't look like he can change it round the board wont keep accepting it we know there's no loyalty in football. Im not suggesting anything because id keep him for good but its football and its money & results driven game.

That was infuriating. Been waiting for an opening like that
He's done it a few times. He's got a great engine, can tackle and just the right side of aggression, but his crossing let's him down. It's either too slow, or too long. He needs to work on that, he'd be excellent if he could sort that out.

He's done it a few times. He's got a great engine, can tackle and just the right side of aggression, but his crossing let's him down. It's either too slow, or too long. He needs to work on that, he'd be excellent if he could sort that out.
Would make a hell of a difference if we could put a good ball in

Something I've noticed in recent interviews is the amount of times Wilder talks about bring "good out of possession", which is obviously needed but feels like wevare setting up to avoid defeat first. We are accepting our of having less of the ball, obviously likely to be the case against the big boys but still a very different approach to last year.

Obviously City, Liverpool etc are not the games which will determine our fate this year - but we need to go down swinging and treat these games as a free hit.

Crossing is woeful, surely Bogle is close to a start

Our football has rightfully been compared to sunday league. Smash it long and land it on mcburnies head. Mcburnie has been impressive at winning it in the air but it never leads to anything. Fucking sick of this style of play! Why any technical player would want to play for this shit is beyond me. Keep the ball on the fucking ground and pass it. Stoke 2.0 but less effective. We will never score with loads of runners in a squad and limited quality!

some composure needed on the ball,

Were in serious trouble if the season is stopped after we play 19 games we will be down

It's like we're waving the white flag and just asking City to try and score. Oddly, they have. It's lucky they've been otherwise wasteful.

Our only attacks have come from City being sloppy and giving the ball away to us.

We've stood off them way too much and given their midfield far too much time on the ball. I don't expect the defence to just in in these conditions. I do expect the midfield to make life difficult for them.

I have no idea why we're playing two upfront given the way we've set up to hope they have a dreadful day and then make a mistake so we'll score.

So our play is 90% whack it upto OMB and hope to win the first & second ball.

Absolute shite. Apart from the last 5 minutes when we actually tried to get in behind the fullbacks.

When we did get behind, Brewster needs to grow abit as we keep trying to cross into his head as if hes over 6 foot tall.

Hes under big big pressure for me if we take our rose tinted glasses off weve been shit since end of last season and it doesn't look like he can change it round the board wont keep accepting it we know there's no loyalty in football. Im not suggesting anything because id keep him for good but its football and its money & results driven game.
Come on now. Who do you suggest we take him? For me we could go rest of season without winning a game but he deserves a shot at getting us back up from championship which is where we are heading.

Do we have a midfield playing? They’ve been missing throughout the entire match

We look so slow when we get the ball... Almost walking pace. Diabolical

I'm beginning to think one of the staff had a big bet on us getting relegated.

Everytime we either win the ball or get chance to break by intercepting we seem to pause, let city get the bodies and shape back then we slowly have a go.

A depressing watch this. At least a Blade scored... sort of.

Back
Top Bottom