Match Thread Sheffield United v. Manchester City - 31st October 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
MANC
MANC
MANC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1603834862445.png v. 1603834866095.png
EPL Week 7 - Saturday 31st October 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-manchester-city.515/

Officials:

Referee:
Michael Oliver
Assistant Referee: Stuart Burt
Assistant Referee: Simon Bennett
Fourth Official: Peter Bankes
Video Assistant Referee: Paul Tierney
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Andy Halliday

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

1603834984550.png

So after the valiant but in the end pointless performance at Anfield we are back in action in the early game against Manchester City at BDBL.

Another tall order but somehow not as daunting as last season despite us being in poorer form this time around.

Anyway...

Any team news?

Brewster starting?

Lundstram out?

So not really sure how this will pan out. City are carrying a few injuries to key personnel but have De Bruyne back available. Very tough game and we really need some points on the board. However I'd love to suggest a famous Victoria I think a decent result would be a draw, so it's 1-1 for me, with Ampadu scoring our goal ;)

UTB
A famous Victoria?
No can’t think of one 🤔

2-1 blades Brewster and Egan

Wilder has mentioned that Bogle is getting close to the first team?
Where?

We've failed to score in 7 of our last 8 Premier League games against Man City.

That's the highest percentage of games a team has failed to score against another in Premier League history.

Last week I said 2 would only get us a point at best,
Today I think 2 could get us a win, and I fancy us to get a couple today.

You heard it here first.

One more scoop on here...
Brewster has picked his celebration for his first goal. Hope we see it today (as naff as it is)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201031-084248_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201031-084248_Chrome.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 25
Absolutely nothing seems to be going right for wilder and the club. Spent half theprematch interview moaning about lundstram and now that's another option gone since he won't be trying to impress us into paying up anymore. We don't have a settled or first choice team in attack, midfield or defence so our form is unsurprising. Perhaps we can turn it round but very unlikely to be this game. 2-0 to United . It's a funny old game....

Man City were unbelievably impressive Tuesday night in the Champions League beating Marseille 3-0.
Marseille struggled to close down City so they were able to knock the ball about like Barcelona in their prime.

Our only hope is that Man City are over confident and the strong winds might effect their passing.
At least theres no pressure for us and zero expectation,

Last edited:
Really looking forward to the game today, I know we lost last week but we played a lot better than we have been. I realise its Man City today but i've lot more confidence going into this game than i have for other games.

Utb, lets do this!

Yeh, I was miles out. I predicted no points and we got none.

I also predicted McBurnie would miss a sitter.
Are you suggesting your prediction was bang on here??
Cos trust me... you was indeed miles out! Like here to the moon miles I’m talking!

We've failed to score in 7 of our last 8 Premier League games against Man City.

That's the highest percentage of games a team has failed to score against another in Premier League history.

No it isn't. Huddersfield for example have failed to score in 100% of their Premier League games against Swansea, Liverpool, Tottenham and Newcastle.

No it isn't. Huddersfield for example have failed to score in 100% of their Premier League games against Swansea, Liverpool, Tottenham and Newcastle.

Most stats of this nature have a minimum requirement of six or eight games.

I'd prefer McGoldrick to start instead of Brewster but it looks about as good as we can put out. I'd be a bit miffed if I was Burke though.

Lundstram dropped Lowe in

Attachments

• 120E5322-2E76-4761-8B7D-5379EDB5A064.jpeg
    120E5322-2E76-4761-8B7D-5379EDB5A064.jpeg
    225.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 7E3706B5-6FEB-4AB3-B24F-39E38A82DC02.jpeg
    7E3706B5-6FEB-4AB3-B24F-39E38A82DC02.jpeg
    85.7 KB · Views: 45
It’s definitely worth taking on a few long range shots today....nobody tell KDB

Back
Top Bottom