Match Thread Sheffield United v. Manchester City - 27th August 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
MANC
MANC
MANC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1693126560999.png vs. 1693126567868.png

Premier League Matchweek 3 - Sunday 27th August 2023 - 14:00 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-manchester-city.659/

Officials:

Referee: Jarred Gillett
Assistants: Simon Bennett, Darren Cann
Fourth Official: David Coote
VAR: Simon Hooper
Assistant VAR: Adam Nunn

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2023-08-27 at 09.55.33.png

The reffing at this level is a joke.. Always favouring the established club...Ref had the whistle in his lips every time Grealish was on the ball, waiting for him to keel over.
Not really. It's football and simple maths and logic. Players tries to cheat in almost every challenge. Keep 80% possession and you will get almost all of the soft free kicks. It's the nature of the game, unfortunately.

Not really. It's football and simple maths and logic. Players tries to cheat in almost every challenge. Keep 80% possession and you will get almost all of the soft free kicks. It's the nature of the game, unfortunately.
Top clubs will always be given soft fouls, especially to certain players who look to go down at slightest touch. I don't mind that, just have to go with it

Only thing I don't like from our team is to dive in and draw silly fouls when their player is going nowhere. If possible, just shepherd them and stop them from getting past.

Hung him out to dry? Grow up. Because I dare suggest he does his job. 20 points for a bigger Blade post attempt. Titcake.
Titcake eh? That’s a new one haven’t been called that before, well done. I suppose it’s a bit pointless to point out to you that he’s lonely there because there are at least 3 players injured who are ahead of him, In a difficult situation he’s trying to do a job and your contribution is to label him a scapegoat

I was pleading for McB to come on a good 10mins before their goal
Me too. The footballing purists would hate my suggestion, but we couldn't "out football" citeh, so think we had to mix it up a bit earlier, and play it longer to mcburnie (and hope for a bit of chaos and luck!).

Titcake eh? That’s a new one haven’t been called that before, well done. I suppose it’s a bit pointless to point out to you that he’s lonely there because there are at least 3 players injured who are ahead of him, In a difficult situation he’s trying to do a job and your contribution is to label him a scapegoat
Another 20 points.

It was really stupid but otherwise laroucci has done well. I think there is actually a player there, just needs to dial up the discipline a little. I suspect he’ll be cult in a season or so.
Theres no way possible we sign him at the end of the loan no way good enough whatsoever at the moment, there’s a reason even Osbourn gets picked ahead of him

Well done for finding a negative given where we are.
Some of our "fans" fucking astound me.I am so proud of our performance.We are improving markedly with each new addition.We gave everything against last years Treble winners and came so so close.
Well done Blades this season has promise.
Great learning curve today and surely that's what we're here for but showed lots of grit to stay in the game.
City are not our yardstick and their fans I Imagine will be relieved.UTB🥳

Last edited:
Like the promotion it will be in spite of them If we stay up
Biggest bunch of entitled moaning wankers this club has ever had to endure
What are you on about? Your name isn't really Frank it is? Why are you on an Internet forum for opinions, if you think everyone else is a franker who doesn't hold your opinion.

What are you on about? Your name isn't really Frank it is? Why are you on an Internet forum for opinions, if you think everyone else is a franker who doesn't hold your opinion.
Ita pretty obvious what I'm on about
I couldn't have made it any clearer

Don’t be soft. If the fans trash a young players confidence of course they are partly responsible.

The job of a keyboard warrior is to apportion blame , not to accept it.

The job of being a supporter, is to support the team.

noun: supporter;

a person who is actively interested in and wishes success for a particular sports team.

Ita pretty obvious what I'm on about
I couldn't have made it any clearer
I'm entitled to my opinion as indeed you are yours. The difference is you are supercilious about it, you are nobody to me full stop, certainly not a bigger Blade.

The job of a keyboard warrior is to apportion blame , not to accept it.

The job of being a supporter, is to support the team.

noun: supporter;

a person who is actively interested in and wishes success for a particular sports team.
Yeah that applies to me, go and compare nob size with el accounto and say you really stuck up for the team today daddy.

Theres no way possible we sign him at the end of the loan no way good enough whatsoever at the moment, there’s a reason even Osbourn gets picked ahead of him

Were you one of the ones saying the same about McAtee when he first arrived last season ?

We were second best today, but fuck me we came within ten minutes of getting a point against the world's best team.

Players left it all out there, and yes they were better, but that's to be expected. I was gutted when their second went in, but walking from the ground, I've never felt so optimistic.

We have an inexperienced premier league team, but they will come good, and the mistakes will lessen. A few bumps in the road no doubt, but definitely a cause for optimism

Hey hope i’m wrong and he performs along the same tracks as McAtee but i don’t see it happening

I never thought Kyle Walker would turn out as he has when I saw him come out of our academy.

so proud of them. what a performance. couldn't ask any more from them. this is a team thats beat Everton & Burnley 3-0. Southampton & Bournemouth 4-1. there are many newly promoted team would be envious of that performance. its a compliment how we riled the beast & they chucked the kitchen sink at us after the equaliser

it sounds weird ive never had 3 defeats in 3 & but then had as much confidence in our survival as i do now. but premier league aren't doing anything to dispel the big club bias. referee turning a blind eye to anything man city up to

Back
Top Bottom