Match Thread Sheffield United v. Manchester City - 27th August 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
MANC
MANC
MANC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1693126560999.png vs. 1693126567868.png

Premier League Matchweek 3 - Sunday 27th August 2023 - 14:00 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-manchester-city.659/

Officials:

Referee: Jarred Gillett
Assistants: Simon Bennett, Darren Cann
Fourth Official: David Coote
VAR: Simon Hooper
Assistant VAR: Adam Nunn

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2023-08-27 at 09.55.33.png

Almost the perfect performance with the only obvious game plan we could have. I wasn't bothered pre kick off and it felt like a free hit. Now feel like it's a point dropped happy for Bogle hopefully that will get him back to his best.

Robinson isn't premier league quality and he cost us with the first

Larouci. I have no words.

The reffing at this level is a joke.. Always favouring the established club...Ref had the whistle in his lips every time Grealish was on the ball, waiting for him to keel over.
The booking he gave against Egan was perfect example, ironically dont doubt that Egan was about to foul Grealish but ref didnt even give chance before he blew up and booked grealish... who deffo asked for the card and should have been booked himself... and that Osula one FUCK ME

Teams don't get relegated losing to man city, but the workrate and team structure bodes well against teams that will be down there with us, yes there were a couple of mistakes in defense but to be defending for 90% of the game that'll happen especially against the best team in the world

Great shame we lost Ozzy so early. Wouldn’t have conceded second. Still too weak at LWB going to be exploited every week in prem league.plus what’s ozzy doing getting injured kicking a ball anyway. Our conditioning is hopeless.
a great effort mind you and enough to think we can hold our own in relegation scrap this year.

Last edited:

Knee jerk comments on Larouci, he’s a kid been thrown into a massively demanding situation. Hatchet fans hiding behind their keyboards giving him a kicking is completely destructive and if that’s the way we go, creating scapegoats, we’ve no bloody chance this season.
It won't be the fans fault if we go down.

Teams don't get relegated losing to man city, but the workrate and team structure bodes well against teams that will be down there with us, yes there were a couple of mistakes in defense but to be defending for 90% of the game that'll happen especially against the best team in the world
Exactly. There were some mistakes. but there were so much more done right. Fotheringham was outstanding!!!
With a few more additions, improved fitness and the team gelling, we will stand a great chance of holding our own in this division.
UTB !!!

We could have won 3 - 2 if only Armedhoggy had used his other foot to guide the
ball into the net & if Frenchy had crossed the ball into the 3 attackers instead of shooting.
Just need a creative Mid to go with our new boy Archer. We'll done lads, we will get results against
the other 10 candidates for demotion . UTB

Knee jerk comments on Larouci, he’s a kid been thrown into a massively demanding situation. Hatchet fans hiding behind their keyboards giving him a kicking is completely destructive and if that’s the way we go, creating scapegoats, we’ve no bloody chance this season.
If your left back falls over unchallenged without putting the ball out in an under 14 game, that wouldn't be acceptable.

Quite impressed with that , their second it couldn't have dropped any better for rodri , nice to see Bogle back
Larouci there's a player in there
Traore good player once he gets up to speed he's going to be a nightmare nuisance for some defences
Osula unfortunately will be the one to drop out for archer ( but he's going to be some player)
Souza wish we had him before the season started palace would have been at least a point, I love Norwood for all he's done for us but we need a partner for souza (the basham substitution baffled me ??? )
Hamer worked really hard without any reward today
Back 3 boys did a great job against the top attack in this league ( why people slag JLT is beyond me)
I'm now reasonably confident we could!!!! Stay up, the next few days and 2/3 signings could just make our season

Few of ours looked like they were dribbling on a slip n slide at times. Promising performance though.
Always strange how chances open up once we fall behind

Credit where credit is due. Every one of us would have take 1-2 before the game.

We were never going to win that game and we came close to a draw.

Wait until we lose teams like Burnley and Everton but for now 10 / 10 every player .. maybe 11/10 to Wes and McBurnie.

Take the experience and build upon it… that’s the takeaway from playing the worlds best team today.

Toledo

Played so well and lost to 88 mins goal.

Back
Top Bottom