Match Thread Sheffield United v. Liverpool - 6th December 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
LIV
LIV
LIV
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1701722958346.png vs. 1701722967703.png

Premier League Matchweek 15 - Wednesday 6th December 2023 - 19:30 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-liverpool.671/

Officials:

Referee: Simon Hooper
Assistants: Simon Long, James Mainwaring
Fourth Official: Tony Harrington
VAR: Michael Oliver
Assistant VAR: Richard West

🚗Matchday Parking:

Stuck for somewhere to park near Bramall Lane? - CLICK HERE for Parking

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2023-12-04 at 20.46.16.png

Much improved in terms of effort and attitude. Looks like we’ll be up for the battle if we continue like that.
Be interesting to see how we play when there’s more of an onus on us to attack and create something.
True. And our bench is still woefully short of options if we have to go out and earn points from the lower teams in the league.

Florist thumped 5 -0 by Fulham. Cooper next to go. Much better from Blades, concede 5 from bottom side, 2 from third in league. Wilder will look to bring in young hungry , fit agile mids in January.
Until then he will have to use Norwood, Fleck, however what's the problem with Slim?????

In terms of desire and attacking intent, that was night and day from anything I have seen this season - and quite a lot of last also.
Thought Brooks looked threatening when he got on the ball, Souza a different player. Archer battled hard and started putting himself about second half, but he needs a left foot.
Anel is lucky not to pick up so many bookings for wrestling / shirt pulling and stupid niggly things but he looked fairly solid otherwise.

Wilder, welcome back and I said it in the shout box - sort your shoes out for fucks sake. Gerrem in’t bin.

Disappointing result, but I'm happy with our improved overall performance.

Defence were better marshalled.

Aside from silly yellow card for dissent, Bogle was my player of the match from blades.

Liked the dynamism of osula & archer.

Mcatee had a few good dribbles, but gotta work in his fitness to push towards playing a full 90 mins of high tempo play.

Fleck? I've given up criticising him, but he's so unfit and immobile it's ridiculous.

Brookes looks good for future. If fit, play him

Fodders made several great saves, and didn't mess about with dribbling and short passes out from the back. If in doubt / danger, boot it!

Several good positives to take away.

In terms of desire and attacking intent, that was night and day from anything I have seen this season - and quite a lot of last also.
Thought Brooks looked threatening when he got on the ball, Souza a different player. Archer battled hard and started putting himself about second half, but he needs a left foot.
Anel is lucky not to pick up so many bookings for wrestling / shirt pulling and stupid niggly things but he looked fairly solid otherwise.

Wilder, welcome back and I said it in the shout box - sort your shoes out for fucks sake. Gerrem in’t bin.
Haha@shoes. Spot on! Was he wearing them for a bet? Or did he forget his, and had to borrow a pair from his dad?!?

Decent performance against a club with almost unlimited funds that clearly had the ref and var team on their payroll tonight, no way that darwin tackle is let go if it was us. With a decent goal scorer we probably get a draw.

My biggest gripe is the shirt swapping at the end, fucking embarrassing and makes it feel even more like I'm watching a non league club on a cup run just happy to be there
Really impressed with team tonight - we were much more competitive but I do wonder if both the goals had been scored by us in identical fashion if VAR would have disallowed them - how is that tackle on boggle not a foul

Fair play we battled and looked organised at least

Lack of quality players mean we will struggle to win games unfortunately

First match I have enjoyed for what seems like an age. 1 day of training and we looked a hundred times better and more like a team than we have done for quite a while under the last lot. What on earth have they being doing in training for the last 4 months?? Lot better display from all the players, Bogle was like a new player, I had to keep checking it was really him! I also thought both goals were dodgy and should have had fouls in the lead up to both of them but it’s typical big club bias. Onwards and upwards!

The c () nt in SS who shouted about the 96 ... I hope one day you say it again within earshot of someone who will put their fist through you.

You're absolute scum pal, you can get yourself to fuck because you're not a Blade.

The c () nt in SS who shouted about the 96 ... I hope one day you say it again within earshot of someone who will put their fist through you.

You're absolute scum pal, you can get yourself to fuck because you're not a Blade.
Well called out - that’s outrageous and shameful as far as I’m concerned- it happened in our city ffs - I know people there on that day working at the ground - never been to a football ground again since that day.

Much improved work rate and desire 👏🏻. Not a fan of the shirt swapping at the end. Sends the message we are awe struck, but ey oh. Onwards we March Blades ⚔️
Think it was only Brooks that did that from what I could see. On his debut I'll let him off, and might even have been the other fella suggesting it to him as a nice gesture

Thought he was fantastic tonight but definitely a couple of occasions when he should've taken it on with his left. The 1v1 against Van Dijk and the ball through from McAtee
Yes 10/10 for effort breaking through and forward was impressive but still so frustrating after that amazing long range goal he scored a few games ago to seemingly bottle it in the box numerous times. Either way, overall it’s the first game I’ve semi enjoyed for a while with a bit of hope & think we’ve got a good chance to get back up again (after relegation) under wilder who seems to at least actually have ideas & enthusiasm, I don’t think that would’ve happened with Hecky tbh who’d obviously lost the dressing room completely, in hindsight it would’ve been good to make Thunderbird a go go around game 8/9 to give us a better (slim) chance to recover.

At least there was some coherence and organisation. We looked like a team that actually does something in training.

We were all saying the same around us, we actually looked "a team".

I thought tonight we looked a decent Championship with every player putting in a shift. Where as in other matches this season we've looked like a league 1 then once we concede heads drop and we starting looking like a league 2 team.

Liverpool dominated the game but thought our tactics were excellent because Liverpool were mainly dominating the centre circle.
Once they got near our area they lacked penetration and didn't create many clear chances.
Also both of Liverpools goals looked like fouls on our defenders.

Wouldn't say it was a top performance from us but it was acceptable and probably better than what we've seen this season.

Last edited:
It's been a while to see the whole team playing and it was joy to watch.. More that and less Fleck !!

anyone on the kop, why was the young kid being held by 2 stewards at the end, near the disabled exit

Back
Top Bottom