Match Thread Sheffield United v. Leicester City - 6th December 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
LEIC
LEIC
LEIC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1607032452367.png v. 1607032463814.png
EPL Week 11 - Sunday 6th December 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-leicester-city.519/

Officials:

Referee:
Stuart Attwell
Assistant Referee: Stuart Burt
Assistant Referee: Neil Davies
Fourth Official: Peter Bankes
Video Assistant Referee: David Coote
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Nick Hopton

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-12-03 at 21.56.22.png

It was time for a change of shape about 3 games ago.

You can't blame wilder for the lack of effort being put in by some of these players but our system no longer works.

He's got one more game before people turn on him for real. Can't keep playing the same old tactics week in week out when you're bottom.

Imagine being in that dressing room now.

I wonder if Wilder might walk tonight.

How in your masterplan would Sharp have stopped Fleck mis-controlling it then?

We had fuck all up front because Burke and McBurnie were knackered. We needed someone to stretch them at the back, and if we are planning on holding the ball up, we need someone he can eventually lay it off to. You dont hold onto a point by sitting there inviting pressure and then hoofing it up to someone to hold it up and eventually lose the ball.
Burke and McBurnie are knackered because we give them lost causes to endlessly chase

How in your masterplan would Sharp have stopped Fleck mis-controlling it then?

We had fuck all up front because Burke and McBurnie were knackered. We needed someone to stretch them at the back, and if we are planning on holding the ball up, we need someone he can eventually lay it off to. You dont hold onto a point by sitting there inviting pressure and then hoofing it up to someone to hold it up and eventually lose the ball.
Sharp would have stayed onside though

We’ll lose next games v Southampton & ManU with or without Egan so may as well have took him out
Exactly, you leave everything on the pitch every time you play & looking forward to the next game when your sat on 1pt & might just get your 2nd is ridiculous

Its not tactics its quality.men v boys today. Lucky to still be in it but gutted to concede so late on.

Why does it take wilder so long to take off Oli burke and put on our record signing Brewster. Every game he only has 10 minutes, he's never gonna score. Oli burke was awful today. Mcburnie played his heart out though, great performance by him ⚔️

Why didn't Egan bring him down? Surely a point and a sending off is better than none?
Seriously? And how would the suspension have played out for the next game, with Ampadu and Edna still absent? Left us relying even more on Arthur Lowe and Bryan

The way we’re performing, we could go down from The Championship. And people on here think we’ll come straight back up with this shower of shit? We’re becoming a fucking laughing stock. I’d never play Fleck again after that. Half arsed, half witted prick. Fuck off United, and fuck off to the Chris Wilder love in we’ll still have on here after another insipid display. £100 million spent and I’m watching this cack every week. Suppose I’ll get the red faced emojis etc, you lot can fuck off as well.
Fleck made a mistake, it happens.

As soon as he scored that goal I said to the missus that were down now, that sort of shit happens to teams that go down. It doesn’t mean that I think they’re all shit or that they can all “fuck off”.

Chris Wilder is the best manager I’ve ever known down at the lane, he’s going through a horrendous period at the moment but as far as I’m concerned it’ll be a huge mistake if we get rid of him, whoever we got in would be a step down.

Scotland reserve strikers upfront what do we expect really.

We have poor LWB & LCB but persevering with a system that we don’t have the players to play.

To sign a striker for 24m and only give him 10mins after 10’games of the season gone is just baffling.

I really don’t want to see Wilder gone but I can see him walking. He must be embarrassed by this.

We’re down now, may as well start prepping for the champ, sell berge in jan or summer, any prem team with Kean Bryan in the squad let alone the starting 11 deserves to go down, wank.

Its a result that teams get handed out when they are bottom of the league,as Wilder will say in his interview its fine margins.

People banging on about Wilder and systems and shit, as if it wasn't an individual error that cost us there.
We don't have the players to be effective in this formation! Without Stevens(at his best) and JOC these tactics are useless. I just can't understand how Wilder can't see that.

We’re down now, may as well start prepping for the champ, sell berge in jan or summer, any prem team with Kean Bryan in the squad let alone the starting 11 deserves to go down, wank.

And yet Bryan looks better than anyone else we've had a LCB. Says a lot about our recruitment.

At least he scores goals.

Like it or not, Ratboy is a quality striker.

See the Fleckettes are quiet after another poor display.

Lundstram never really in the game, Lowe outclassed, Fleck shite, Burke wearing Captain Blades boots again, Basham hardly getting forward, Best player along with McBurnie and Baldock lets Vardy through for decider.

Good points? We looked like a middle table championship side who held a decent side for 89 minutes. Maybe.

No, we’ll get relegated from the Championship, League 1 players, Wilder out, Big Sam in ( fucking clown) histrionics. Leave that to the regular bedwetters, who are in their element it seems.

Seriously? And how would the suspension have played out for the next game, with Ampadu and Edna still absent? Left us relying even more on Arthur Lowe and Bryan
With Southampton & ManU next it really won’t matter if we had last seasons back 5 playing.

We'd of still doubled our points tally for the season. It's not like we're going to get any points from the games Egan would have missed.

True. There's also a good chance they'd have scored from the free kick anyway.

Its a result that teams get handed out when they are bottom of the league,as Wilder will say in his interview its fine margins.

Might as well just repeat his interview from last week until the end of the season. Same owd 'ooooh aren't we unlucky'

No we're fucking wide open at the back all the time. Each game has the potential to be 4 or 5 to the opposition. we've been lucky that Chelsea were the only ones with their shooting boots on.

Might as well just repeat his interview from last week until the end of the season. Same owd 'ooooh aren't we unlucky'

No we're fucking wide open at the back all the time. Each game has the potential to be 4 or 5 to the opposition. we've been lucky that Chelsea were the only ones with their shooting boots on.
"You just can't open up against these quality teams" "we'll never walk out the back door"

A loss to a Leicester City side struggling for form and who looked very average.

First half we were lucky to go in level. They hit the woodwork twice and squandered a few good positions. Lowe should have been off. They should possibly have had a pen as well. We were better organised second half. It wasn't great but we made it much harder for them to find passes. They deserved to win and yet another mistake.

Ramsdale - 5 - Did well to get something on their goal but having got something on it there's an argument he should have had stronger hands. Harsh though. Dropped yet another cross. Recovered well but lucky to get the opportunity. Kicked the ball straight to their player and lucky again. Then fumbled a cross under no pressure. Every time he charges out my heart is in my mouth. Every week he makes a bad error. He really needs to improve sharpish.
Lowe - 3 - did a couple of good things going forward but should have been sent off before he was taken off. Looks well of it at the moment. Not sure why Osborn isn't starting ahead of him.
Bryan - 5.5 - Had a fairly iffy first half but seemed more solid in the second. Made a couple of good interceptions but the luck has with him a bit.
Egan - 6.5 - Kept Vardy quiet most of the match. Won most things in the air. Arguably should have taken him out to stop him scoring!
Basham - 6 - Started poorly but grew into the game. Got forward more second half but needs to have better concentration and quicker reactions
Baldock 5.5 - Hardly noticed him first half. Better in the second but again bad crosses. Got caught out at the back a bit too much
Fleck - 4.5 - He makes the odd darting run but the opposition get passed him way too easily. Made the error for their winning goal
Berge - 5 - I'm not sure what he was on first half but recklessly charging about. Settled down in the second half but whilst he can shielded the ball well all too often he dawdles on the ball and allows the opposition to win it back. Again, they ran through him first half.
Lunny - 5 - He had some nice moment and put in some good balls but he disappears far too much. Again, they ran passed him with ease first half. Better in the second and slightly surprised he made way as not the worst midfielder on the pitch.
McBurne - 6 - Took the goal very well and easily our best player first half. Put himself about, won a lot of header and made their CBs lives a misery. Seemed to fade as the second half went on. Had little or no help from Burke.
Burke - 3.5 - Presses well and messed up when clean through. I thought he was anonymous most of the first half. Always seems to be running into the wrong place and his touch and decisions were poor. Surprised he wasn't pulled at half time

Osborn- 5.5 - Wasteful going forward and not great at the back. Should be ahead of Lowe in the pecking order though
Norwood - 4 - Absolutely shocking defensively. doesn't track his man, cannot keep up with the opposition or put a boot in
Brewster - 5 - Had a nice snap effort but caught offside several times and largely ineffective. Not convinced of his all-round game.

Wilder - 5 - No doubt the press conference will all be about Fleck's mistake but we should have been out of the game first half. He had us much better organised in the second but they always looked likely to get a second. His look when they scored said it all.

Back
Top Bottom