Match Thread Sheffield United v. Leeds United - 27th September 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
LEEDS
LEEDS
LEEDS
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1601033343834.png v. 1601033353824.png
EPL Week 3 - Sunday 27th September 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-leeds-united.511/

Officials:

Referee:
Paul Tierney
Assistant Referee: Ian Hussin
Assistant Referee: Harry Lennard
Fourth Official: Jarred Gillett
Video Assistant Referee: Chris Kavanagh
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Andy Halliday

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-09-25 at 12.28.28.png

We are well in this game, good first half, feeling like they are off the pace and there for the taking today

Better first half.

Both keepers pulling off quality saves.

That first save by Ramsdale is much better than it looked.

We played well. Stevens is the one player having an iffy time of it.

Promising that we are creating opportunities often, just need to score before Leeds get an inevitable scruffy goal

That was a pen on Ampadu. He's held him back and impeded him from getting to the ball with his head.

Fucking joke of a ref.
Carbon copy of the foul by Egan, except Ampadu wasn't holding on to the defender.

VAR don't even check our pens, of that was a top 4 they'd study it for 5 mins.

Not a bad 1st half, we’ve got better as the game has gone on. Although, I think they’d have scored the chances we’ve created. Said it before but Leeds’ goals will dry up and they will concede lots in this league, Im sure theyll go down.

We looked nervous at first, but we have grown into the game. Couple of great saves from their GK.

Love to see us shoot from outside the area sometimes though.

A decent first half there blades, leeds look dangerous still but i think we have done a lot to nullify them and most importantly we look more like ourselves in possession, a lot less hoofy and good mixture of passing going on. Find that extra gear in the second half and i think we can take all 3 points!

i would replace enda for lowe who has been ok but lost possesion a couple of times, other than that i think everyones played decent. Praise to lunny and rammo who look noticeably better today. I'm warming to burke having really mugged of the signing.

Thought I tuned in to watch the footy. But nope apparently watching a documentary on some guy who likes crouching down with glasses.

Think I spotted some guys running around chasing a ball in the background tho

Happy with that so far, we've grown into the game and looked decent on the counter.. Burke looking decent up top, Ampadu done ok, better from Lunny.

Great not to be out of it after 6 and 12mins. Liking ampadu.

A much more promising performance. I'm also noticing a lot of pace in the centre when attacking and that's exactly what I've been moaning about. Tired of constantly playing the wings. The new lads are looking good as well!

If we don't win this it will be a difficult one to take but so far, a decent game to watch.

Berge looking classy, love Burke, having to rely on McGoldrick, who is way off the pace, is the only weak spot for me.

First 10 minutes were dodgy, rest if the half we've been a lot better.

Burke's pace is causing issues, Ampadu driving the ball forward has been great, Lunny playing a lot better and some great saves from Rammy.

Lets push on in the 2nd half!

Good half. Looking more like ourselves.

Agree....but you do know if we end up losing the decent 1st half performance will be forgotten.

To be honest think we’ve been average...we are a decent team...this is the minimum level we play every match. The problem was the start of both the Wolves and Villa matches meant our pre game tactics...worked on all week...were ripped up....making us look relatively poor.

Much better all round performance so far but can't afford to miss sitters like that at this level.

Surprised Lunny went that way considering he found himself in that position three times last season and went the other way, and scored.

Ampadu, Berge and Burke looking very nice through the middle. Think Enda and Osborne have been caught in possession a few times though making me a bit uncomfortable. Whatever offer is on the table for Lunny I think we should improve it, I think replacing him is going to be difficult.

Good first half that
Funny how Lundstram seems to be getting all our main chances nowadays
Not really , he is the leading goalscorer from last season in our team today !
If he doesn't get the chances , none of the others have a PL history of scoring more than him !
But he should have buried his chance there.

Ampadu looks a fantastic prospect, just wish he was ours.
Burke looking a solid player, just needs a goal.
Rammy looking confident.
Signs are good, we need to win home games like this if we want to stay up.

Reactions: CW7
Ampadu is so calm in possession as is berge, unlucky not to be at least a goal up. Good saves to deny Lundstrum and Baldock, Cooper handball not checked, foul on Ampadu not checked, it’s a shame VAR is so inconsistent. Ramsdale as made a couple of decent saves too.

Stuck listening to this on Talksport due to family commitments. My God what garbage. According to The commentary the Blades will never score all season and they can’t understand why Leeds haven’t scored 15. From what I can gather we’re playing okay and have grown in confidence.

• Haha

Thought we really sharpened up during the 2nd half. Berge looks SO promising and Lunny too. Loved some of Burke's play off the ball and direct running at defenders. Once he's match fit i think he might be an excellent signing. Agree with poster above that Enda just looks completely off his game. Might be time to bring in the new lad. Would love to see Burke/Mouss combo running at defences with Didsy tucked below.

Back
Top Bottom