Match Thread Sheffield United v. Carlisle United - 10th August 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
CARL
CARL
CARL
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1628585059581.png V. 1628585065822.png
Carabao Cup Round One - Tuesday 10th August 2021 - 19:45 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-carlisle-united.598/

Officials:

Referee:
James Oldham
Assistant Referee: Daniel Woodward
Assistant Referee: Anthony Da Costa
Fourth Official: Andrew Kitchen

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Mr Oldham wore his yellow card out in his last game (10 bookings).

0-0 and lose on penaltys thats what will happen to United................which United tho.

It seems tonight's game won't be on SUTV Live as they don't have the rights to the Carabao Cup. There might be audio only at best.

Hopefully they'll be somewhere else to watch it.....?

It seems tonight's game won't be on SUTV Live as they don't have the rights to the Carabao Cup. There might be audio only at best.

It will be on Storm TV somewhere...

McBurnie-Jebbison-Brewster

Freeman-Berge-Brunt

RND-Lopata-Egan-Bogle

Verrips
Rammers, Sharp, Basham, Burke, Ndiaye, Baldock, Osborn

Last edited:
interesting ( admittedly only for me ;) ) but Carlisle will be only 7th time, the blades have played on my birthday & of previous 6 its W2 D2 L2 bodes well that 2 wins & 1 of the 2 draws were at home. even if this will be 1st home game since 2004

the league cup 1st round is always intresting because its great just for confidence as we found last season you can change course of a season. has who knows what couldve happen if we had beat burnley like we beat bristol rovers

If anyone is watching from Carlisle, those team selections should leave them thoroughly confused.

Well done!

Being as the first team quite obviously need match practice following the lack of pre-season game time, I would have thought we should be playing a nearly full strength side.

If you are talking about the team selection that SotonBlade put up, that might the full strength team, mate.

Being as the first team quite obviously need match practice following the lack of pre-season game time, I would have thought we should be playing a nearly full strength side.
I totally agree coaxingstar71, they would definitely benefit from another competitive match but from what I understand thats not going to happen 🤷🏻‍♂️

Surely must go full strength tonight. The regulars need some game time seeing as we've had a pretty disruptive pre season. I wouldn't change owt from Saturday personally, barring sweeping up the broken glass that is Lys Mousset.

I’d go with:
Verrips
Bogle Egan Robinson RND (if fit)
Norwood
Berge Osborn
McGoldrick
Brewster McBurnie
Subs: Ramsdale, Gordon, Basham, Slater, Freeman, Jebbison, Sharp

I would guess

Verrips

Bogle bash rnd lowe

Brunt slater freeman

Brewster sharp mcburnie

Verrips (would be nice to see him play a game, Kean Bryan can't sit on his head now)

Bogle Egan RND Lowe

Brunt Berge Freeman

McBurnie Sharp Brewster

It makes sense to play the first team given we know they're not match fit. Who cares about the cup anyway. Pull 3 off after 60 minutes.

My confusion in thinking about a team is what formation we're going to play. 4-3-3 or 3-4-3. We need to pick one and stick presumably.

Yes mate in Sheffield 2 if you can get.

Have seen on the socials that Jebbo will be involved tonight so maybe brunt will be as well.

We'll see I guess.

Back
Top Bottom