Match Thread Sheffield United v. Carlisle United - 10th August 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
CARL
CARL
CARL
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1628585059581.png V. 1628585065822.png
Carabao Cup Round One - Tuesday 10th August 2021 - 19:45 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-carlisle-united.598/

Officials:

Referee:
James Oldham
Assistant Referee: Daniel Woodward
Assistant Referee: Anthony Da Costa
Fourth Official: Andrew Kitchen

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Moving the ball much quicker than Sat. Lots of diagonal balls to ND and Bogle.
Oppo much weaker than Sat though.
Goalie's had nowt to do.

Danny Hall said something on Twitter earlier about this being the first time brothers have played on the same team since Alan and Stephen Quinn.

Who are the brothers in tonight's line up?

I know its only Carlisle but, anyone there think Lopata is worth a chance in the first team at the weekend given our problems in the air ?

Might be too big a step up but at some point I guess we have to find out.

feel like with the squad as it is, we’ll see him.

he’s basically first reserve atm, and given Egan loves a red and Robinson has struggled to stay fit. Wouldn’t be a surprise if he’s ends up with a good few starts

Did we stick with 3-4-3? I'm curious how we'll line up formation-wise against Swansea. Seems odd to play two different formations for two different sets of players.

feel like with the squad as it is, we’ll see him.

he’s basically first reserve atm, and given Egan loves a red and Robinson has struggled to stay fit. Wouldn’t be a surprise if he’s ends up with a good few starts
Egan loves a Red? Genuinely can only remember him getting one?

Did we stick with 3-4-3? I'm curious how we'll line up formation-wise against Swansea. Seems odd to play two different formations for two different sets of players.
Think it was to give minutes to certain players. Went 4-3-3 after the subs, Brewster LW, Freeman RW and Mcburnie as a 10.

Just got back, no none of the young lads are ready for the first team yet. The big lad at the back struggled last 20 mins , mainly though cus he was tired. But a more physical and mobile striker would cause him nightmares. Tyler smith was the pick of the young players. Brewster player quite well overall and of course scored! Norrington davis was average to say the least. Bogle has great skill but is too causal, needs a rocket up his arse! Still nice to get a win but they had a couple of sniffs near the end Verips looked dodgy as fuck . Kept doing some dumb passing out from the back that put the defenders in trouble. Besides that it was great!

View attachment 118596

Bash barely made it past the halfway line. Compare this to a game (can't remember the specifics) last season:

View attachment 118598

Huge difference in instructions, goodbye overlapping centrebacks..
To be fair he was the only senior defender and really the most senior player on the pitch bar Sharp who came off at half time. He had to mop up after youngsters a bit

Just got back, no none of the young lads are ready for the first team yet. The big lad at the back struggled last 20 mins , mainly though cus he was tired. But a more physical and mobile striker would cause him nightmares. Tyler smith was the pick of the young players. Brewster player quite well overall and of course scored! Norrington davis was average to say the least. Bogle has great skill but is too causal, needs a rocket up his arse! Still nice to get a win but they had a couple of sniffs near the end Verips looked dodgy as fuck . Kept doing some dumb passing out from the back that put the defenders in trouble. Besides that it was great!
Cheers for that, how did Freeman play?

I thought Lopata was the pick of the youngsters, played some good knocks over the top and was solid in the air. Had a bit of maguire about him.

You could see the confidence Brewster got from scoring his first goal and was probably my man of the match.

I felt like the reason we was so poor in the second half compared to the first was because sharp was subbed, his runs was causing them problem after problem and it was how we got our goal.

RND looked very average IMO, kept running into their right back when trying to attack. The less said about Jebbo and Mcb the better. Oh and Luke Freeman just doesn’t look like the player he did a few years back, not sure he’s gonna be the answer to our creative problems. On to Swansea!

Back
Top Bottom